Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 99603 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2019, 05:40:48 PM »

Continuing my list of saber that i wanted to do, next was a unique saber configuration. Came up with a few concept doodles, what do you all think?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2019, 10:43:28 PM »

Hi Psycho,

Once again another sweet collection of hilts! You do like that knurled handgrip don't you?  Cheesy

And it seems to me that "slotted" emitter shrouds are in vogue at the moment, it looks like Darkside Rey's new staff has them as well.
I like the "Great Flip" (the folded emitter looks a little like a Chiss Tie Fighter or Droid Tri-Fighter viewed from the top).

I shall give you a point if I can (but as I just gave you one on my thread it might arrive tomorrow)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2019, 01:26:04 PM »

Hi Psycho,

Once again another sweet collection of hilts! You do like that knurled handgrip don't you?  Cheesy

And it seems to me that "slotted" emitter shrouds are in vogue at the moment, it looks like Darkside Rey's new staff has them as well.
I like the "Great Flip" (the folded emitter looks a little like a Chiss Tie Fighter or Droid Tri-Fighter viewed from the top).

I shall give you a point if I can (but as I just gave you one on my thread it might arrive tomorrow)

I just always try to sketch mine out to be comfortable to hold, and that style of grip always looks like it would be easy on the hand. I admit Fallen Order re-ignited my love for slotted emitters, cant wait for that game! The Tident great-flip was a weird idea i had. No clue at all if it would be anything approaching useful - but it at least it looks cool! Still trying to figure out which on i really want to expand into an "official" doodle.

And dont worry, the other project is making good headway  Wink

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2019, 01:55:30 PM »

I just always try to sketch mine out to be comfortable to hold, and that style of grip always looks like it would be easy on the hand. I admit Fallen Order re-ignited my love for slotted emitters, cant wait for that game! The Tident great-flip was a weird idea i had. No clue at all if it would be anything approaching useful - but it at least it looks cool! Still trying to figure out which on i really want to expand into an "official" doodle.

And dont worry, the other project is making good headway  Wink

Hello there, the knurled grips are nice as they give grip in all directions from my experience.
And again no need to rush your other project - I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Talking of waits I can now give you another force point from yesterday!

EDIT: OK maybe I need to wait another hour or two. Roll Eyes

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2019, 05:59:47 PM »

Some exotic designs PS!

I have to admit that the light-halberd gives me some ideas concerning the Sith...

Wonderful drawings; I can't wait for more!

Point  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2019, 02:38:48 PM »

Continuing my list of saber that i wanted to do, next was a unique saber configuration. Came up with a few concept doodles, what do you all think?

Digging the Great Flip

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2019, 11:38:40 PM »

I did not realize that I had gotten so far behind on this thread. Some beautiful work since my last post, and the 3D renderings by For are incredible. I've gotta say though, I love how you post a hilt and Dutchman's like "Ooh ooh, can I use this in an upcoming chapter" and Logos is like "I need this NOWWW!!". Cheesy This is definitely one of my favorite sections of the Forum.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2019, 08:50:00 PM »

I did not realize that I had gotten so far behind on this thread. Some beautiful work since my last post, and the 3D renderings by For are incredible. I've gotta say though, I love how you post a hilt and Dutchman's like "Ooh ooh, can I use this in an upcoming chapter" and Logos is like "I need this NOWWW!!". Cheesy This is definitely one of my favorite sections of the Forum.

Im happy you like this little corner so much  Grin

And dont worry, got a couple interesting projects coming down the pipeline  Wink

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2019, 07:12:23 PM »

Beefy Boi

Do I hear the horn of Heimdallr...?

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2019, 03:24:35 PM »

And another one!ive been playing too much Iceborne...

indeed, the cry of gjallorhorn grows ever louder!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2019, 03:33:14 AM »

Not a saber hope y’all will forgive me

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2019, 02:30:05 PM »

Beefy Boi

Do I hear the horn of Heimdallr...?
I really like this design PS, looks VERY aggressive  Smiley

And another one!ive been playing too much Iceborne...

indeed, the cry of gjallorhorn grows ever louder!

This one actually reminds me of one of the organic Shardblades from the Stormlight Archives^^

I LOVE your use of negative space for this rendition of Revan's Mask.

Makes me wish that I could draw (I even butcher stick figures so...yeah)  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2019, 07:20:27 PM »

I really like this design PS, looks VERY aggressive  Smiley
This one actually reminds me of one of the organic Shardblades from the Stormlight Archives^^

Makes me wish that I could draw (I even butcher stick figures so...yeah)  Wink

Thanks for the kind words as always ^_^

Think i might turn the Revan one into a series where I draw darkside users in the same style. Will have to see. One big project at a time.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2019, 10:17:58 PM »

Agreed. I actually really love that that style.

Also, how did I not know that you read Sanderson? (Actually haven't gotten to Stormlight yet. They are sitting on my shelf waiting for me to finish Harry Potter since I've never read them).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2019, 01:24:16 AM »

Very nice! I used to draw for more than half of my life, but I've let it slip for quite a while (playing music). I feel like getting some art supplies right now thanks to you. -1
I love the Trident! So good!
As far as it not being a saber, IMHO this thread should be for any hand drawn art. Forgive me if I'm stepping on toes, but I just found this thread the other day and it made me want to draw. Sabers should be the focus perhaps, but a drawing like the one you did of Revan shouldn't have to come with a request for forgiveness. Sorry if I sound super serious. I'm not. I just think sometimes my fellow forum family members are TOO nice (oh noes!). I doubt anyone is upset that you drew an awesome Revan instead of a saber. I hope to add to this thread soonn, and it wont just be sabers... unless anyone has a problem with that? 

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: