Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 101011 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2019, 02:48:05 PM »

Pretty close yeah, I imagined since the Zhangmadao is used as an anti-Calvary sword, I could imagine the Lidao being used against speeder bikes and light tanks without giving ground effectively. A very offensive weapon.

My problem is for whatever weird reason I could never quite get behind mechs as a concept.

Oy.   Mechs are cool.   My two favorite fictional universes are Star Wars and Battletech.   LOL   Star Trek comes in a very close 3rd...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2019, 02:49:17 PM »

I post my designs public for a reason! I'd be honored to have it included!  Grin

Done!   :-)   It might be a bit before the concept comes to life in the fiction, but it will be there.   :-)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2019, 03:45:39 PM »

My problem is for whatever weird reason I could never quite get behind mechs as a concept.
Well good news: the original Gundam series gave birth to the "real robot" mech genre. Hero mechs could run out of ammo, be over whelmed by enemy forces, and even occasionally suffer catastrophic ass whoopin's. There are numerous spin offs, but most try to exist within the real robot bounds. My personal favorites are (in order) 8th MS Team, 0080, and 0083.

Oy.   Mechs are cool.   My two favorite fictional universes are Star Wars and Battletech.   LOL   Star Trek comes in a very close 3rd...
Well duh ST comes in 3rd; no mechs.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2019, 04:34:41 PM »

Re-did cringey 'ol Nimrai.

I gotta say its this kind of re-do that makes me happy I've actually improved.

He used to be kind of an OP power trip character that had nothing cool about him, though after thinking on it, i liked the idea of a Dark Jedi using illusion abilities. Specifically, Nimrai only wields a single shoto saber as a weapon  Wink
THIS is what I enjoy so much about these Forums: we can REALLY get a taste of the incredible creativity of our members!  Seriously PS, this is a fantastic character build!  Hmmm...something, something ideas...

Keeping up with the flat blade ideas, and expanding on the Zhanmadao idea, I present the Lidao

For this one, it was as much about the reason behind the saber as the saber itself. Okay why would a lightsaber (one that already an odd design with a flat blade) be single-edged? I could just hear Logos in the distance shouting WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY. So i thought given that a lightsaber blade is effectivley and energy circuit what if there was both an emitter and a receiver with the distance in between being covered in "energy repeaters" to keep a confined energy circuit with much higher power than a traditional blade? The result was my so-dubbed "Dual-Channel Emitter Thread". When powered off, the tang of the blade still maintains a physical edge, and the Emitter thread is sharp to a point, making a semi-efficient thrusting weapon even when facing off against opponents that might not warrant a lightsaber.

All well and fine, but who would use this frankenweapon? I imagined a Jedi Temple, forgotten by all but its' inhabitants who through Schisms and Wars remained unaffected through its' remoteness. The Guards and Masters there having generations to hone, adapt, and perfect both their understanding of the Force itself, as well as martial skills. Though few in number, anyone to challenge the Temple's masters would be brazen at best.

I actually really like this concept; furthermore, the in-universe explanation concerning the "single edge" is one that is both sound and valid, especially as it pertains to SW physics.  As for possible wielders...

PS, this would be a great weapon for Cantors to carry - a lost sect of blade-masters who were once charged with guarding the Mak-Tor sacred sites on and under the Spire.   The Dual-Channel emitter thread could be a pre-Jedi form of lightsaber tech that the Mak'tor refined without input from the Jedi, and which was mostly forsaken when the Mak'Tor were incorporated into the Jedi Order after the re-establishment of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.  But perhaps there is a small sect somewhere (M'Tzigon, maybe?  Or perhaps elsewhere?) where the technology and techniques of enhanced battle song are still taught and incorporated with their massive and impressive weapons....

If you're so minded, of course.   I wouldn't appropriate your design without permission of course!   :-)
I LIKE THIS!!!

WONDERFUL idea Karm!  Heh, looks like the Cantors had one helluva responsibility...

...Responsibilities (plural); I know that I've been remiss in posting chapters for "Storms of Exodus" but I promise that I'll rectify that shortly (as well as a reason for the "why" there are no Cantors in the current Forumverse timeline).

And like Karm said: these designs REALLY spark the imagination and creativity!  Case in point: the Beskar Breaker.  What a PERFECT weapon for the Vhal'Dan Cataphracts.  And...one more of PS's sabers will be coming up...soon!  I promise  Grin

And mechs are BAD@$$  Wink   Robotech got me hooked on mecha  Cool

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2019, 05:05:09 PM »

And mechs are BAD@$$  Wink   Robotech got me hooked on mecha  Cool
I have been an absolute mechaphile since ESB.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2019, 11:08:15 PM »

Dutchman, on the Cantors:   They would have been pretty impressive, these hybrid sabers would make a stand-out weapon for them.   Many thanks to PsychoSith for the image and permission to use.   :-)

I'll hit you up soon with the idea of mine soon for a possible re-emergence.  I want to make sure it meshes with your tracking.   :-)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2019, 03:51:29 AM »

Dutchman, on the Cantors:   They would have been pretty impressive, these hybrid sabers would make a stand-out weapon for them.   Many thanks to PsychoSith for the image and permission to use.   :-)

I'll hit you up soon with the idea of mine soon for a possible re-emergence.  I want to make sure it meshes with your tracking.   :-)
I can't wait to hear about it Karm!

And likewise  Wink

And I COMPLETELY agree: PS's saber renderings are inspiring (literally as well as figuratively  Wink)!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2019, 09:20:23 PM »

I can't wait to hear about it Karm!

And likewise  Wink

And I COMPLETELY agree: PS's saber renderings are inspiring (literally as well as figuratively  Wink)!

Y'all are too nice. Have two drawings coming up. One is a Star Wars OC cause I was bored. The other is a bit of fanart for Fallen Order.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #218 on: November 19, 2019, 03:43:20 PM »

As you've probably seen in other threads, I've been playing the Jedi: Fallen Order game a lot recently, and something the game does is it actually manages to make the inquisitors really cool/interesting characters! As such, I've thrown my pen into the ring so to speak.

The Inquisitors thus seen are all fallen Jedi with a nasty set of personal issues. So i thought it would be interesting to envsision not a fallen Jedi - but an Imperial Officer as an Inquisitor. Allistar Thayne went most of his life either not knowing or caring about his force abilities until they manifested during his time aboard a Imperial-II Star Destroyer. He was quickly inducted into the Inquisitor program, which he took to with the same fervor and ambition as his normal duties, forming an unquestionably loyal, and for more stable Imperial Inquisitor.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #219 on: November 27, 2019, 07:23:14 PM »

Much better if i do say so myself!  Grin

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #220 on: November 27, 2019, 11:25:54 PM »

As you've probably seen in other threads, I've been playing the Jedi: Fallen Order game a lot recently, and something the game does is it actually manages to make the inquisitors really cool/interesting characters! As such, I've thrown my pen into the ring so to speak.

The Inquisitors thus seen are all fallen Jedi with a nasty set of personal issues. So i thought it would be interesting to envsision not a fallen Jedi - but an Imperial Officer as an Inquisitor. Allistar Thayne went most of his life either not knowing or caring about his force abilities until they manifested during his time aboard a Imperial-II Star Destroyer. He was quickly inducted into the Inquisitor program, which he took to with the same fervor and ambition as his normal duties, forming an unquestionably loyal, and for more stable Imperial Inquisitor.
I have to say that something about this drawing reminds me back of my childhood, playing with the old Kenner SW action figures (although there was no such thing as the Inquisitorious at that time  Wink) where certain other characters were Force-sensitives.

I am really liking his backstory, PS^^  Wouldn't mind hearing more my friend!

Much better if i do say so myself!  Grin

PS, is that Ancient Sith writing on the lapels of your Sith character?  I don't think it's Aurebesh IIRC...

Point!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #221 on: December 02, 2019, 02:24:50 PM »

I have to say that something about this drawing reminds me back of my childhood, playing with the old Kenner SW action figures (although there was no such thing as the Inquisitorious at that time  Wink) where certain other characters were Force-sensitives.

I am really liking his backstory, PS^^  Wouldn't mind hearing more my friend!
PS, is that Ancient Sith writing on the lapels of your Sith character?  I don't think it's Aurebesh IIRC...

Point!

Meant to resemble Sith Runes to be sure, but its all nonsense scribbles to tell the truth  Grin

And uh....you ever look back at a drawing you did a bit ago and have a waaay different opinion. Ashla is cool and all, but blast he's got some big feet  Roll Eyes

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2019, 07:43:20 PM »

With that line going through the middle of the page, it looks like this dude is mostly submerged.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2019, 07:58:07 PM »

With that line going through the middle of the page, it looks like this dude is mostly submerged.

It was supposed to be lens flare. This particular one didnt come out as good as initially thought  Roll Eyes

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2019, 09:23:30 PM »

It was supposed to be lens flare. This particular one didnt come out as good as initially thought  Roll Eyes
That's alright

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: