Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 100726 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #300 on: January 10, 2020, 04:53:02 PM »

Thanks for saying so! I really really enjoyed Trilla as the main antagonist. Props to her VA.

Anywho its been raining a bunch here so I did a few nautical-themed sabers. Also trying a new style with the blade effects.

I know you're going for nautical themes, but the Seven Seas is bugging me with the sextant inspired guard. Reminds me too much of that dumb thing from that dumb movie. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #301 on: January 10, 2020, 05:08:47 PM »

I know you're going for nautical themes, but the Seven Seas is bugging me with the sextant inspired guard. Reminds me too much of that dumb thing from that dumb movie. Tongue

Fair enough, though you said yourself, supposed to represent a sextant, not a...whatever that was. (Even I admit the dagger thing was kinda weird)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #302 on: January 10, 2020, 05:29:27 PM »

(Even I admit the dagger thing was kinda weird)
Mr. Fantastic couldn't have made that stretch.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #303 on: January 10, 2020, 09:40:59 PM »

Thanks for saying so! I really really enjoyed Trilla as the main antagonist. Props to her VA.

Anywho its been raining a bunch here so I did a few nautical-themed sabers. Also trying a new style with the blade effects.

All three of those are beautiful, but Poseidon's Law is my favorite. Poseidon has always been one of my favorite characters from Greek mythology, and that saber looks fitting of him for sure.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #304 on: January 10, 2020, 10:04:08 PM »

but Poseidon's Law is my favorite.
Gotta agree. I love the "trident" emitter.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #305 on: January 11, 2020, 02:56:47 AM »

Mr. Fantastic couldn't have made that stretch.

Great saber Psycho, but for the second time (IIRC) I have to agree with Logos about the dagger thing. Wasn't the dagger described as being an ancient Sith artifact yet it had to have been made/modified what, 30 years ealier to point to the location of said second object?

@Logos: How about Stretch Armstrong making the argument?

point to Psycho once again.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #306 on: January 13, 2020, 05:50:21 PM »

How about Stretch Armstrong making the argument?
That was my first choice, but I didn't want to use the word 'stretch' twice in one sentence.

Sig by For Tyeth

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #307 on: January 16, 2020, 04:46:57 PM »

Logos did get the closest guess with Ren / Sidious / Revan

Though Taegin's right I probably shouldve given a better hint. Oh well point to Logos and here y'all go

Correct answer: Trilla Suduri / Kylo Ren / Darth Traya

Sadly the drawing isnt quite what I hoped. I decided to finish it at 2 am in a sleep-deprived state. went right for the 6B pencil without using lighter shades then used a pen with a frayed tip soo  Undecided

I actually REALLY like this drawing, PS.  Darth Traya in particular looks...haunting (apropos considering her history IMO).  I think you did a remarkable job!

Some VERY interesting developments going on with these sabers!  All have some incredible details but I think that I like Poseidon's Law (great name!) the best out of the three  Smiley  These hilts look like they'd be right at home with some of the primal Jedi/Sith of Ulic Qel-Droma's time.  Awesome job my friend!

Point!

Fair enough, though you said yourself, supposed to represent a sextant, not a...whatever that was. (Even I admit the dagger thing was kinda weird)
Yeah, TRoS was...not good.  But at least your saber's sextant-detail IS pertinent for the weapon, NOT just a "MacGuffin" for the lone, contrived sake of adding a convoluted quest to pad movie time...

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #308 on: January 16, 2020, 05:09:43 PM »

I actually REALLY like this drawing, PS.  Darth Traya in particular looks...haunting (apropos considering her history IMO).  I think you did a remarkable job!
Some VERY interesting developments going on with these sabers!  All have some incredible details but I think that I like Poseidon's Law (great name!) the best out of the three  Smiley  These hilts look like they'd be right at home with some of the primal Jedi/Sith of Ulic Qel-Droma's time.  Awesome job my friend!

Point!
Yeah, TRoS was...not good.  But at least your saber's sextant-detail IS pertinent for the weapon, NOT just a "MacGuffin" for the lone, contrived sake of adding a convoluted quest to pad movie time...

Thanks for the compliments! I find it weird that everyone seems to be liking Poseidon's Law so much as it was my least favorite of the three! But thats also why I try to do stuff outside of my own aesthetic - I know people's taste on sabers is *super* variable.

I actually very much enjoyed TRoS (shocker, I know), but the dagger was weird. You can see more of my thoughts in the TRoS Thoughts thread http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=43272.0

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2020, 09:28:45 PM »

Been feeling....unsatisfied with myself lately in regards to art. The next few posts here will be farther apart, but rest assured its because I'm actually taking my time and not doing 5-10m quick doodles.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2020, 10:52:08 PM »

You can’t rush art; it’ll be ready when it’s ready.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #311 on: January 24, 2020, 06:54:31 PM »

Alrighty, so.

You may have noticed any pencil-shaded drawings I have done recently the shading is more poorly done. I too noticed and am remanding myself to drawing boot camp so to speak. My next few sabers, labeled "back to basics" will avoid the common shortcuts I have previously taken on my saber doodles and just draw the saber as envisioned. I will include with each one a line diagram closer to my typical style at the top to give more detail since I tend to be heavy-handed with the pencils.

First one fresh off the notepad: the Shii-Cho

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2020, 07:09:28 PM »

Alrighty, so.

You may have noticed any pencil-shaded drawings I have done recently the shading is more poorly done. I too noticed and am remanding myself to drawing boot camp so to speak. My next few sabers, labeled "back to basics" will avoid the common shortcuts I have previously taken on my saber doodles and just draw the saber as envisioned. I will include with each one a line diagram closer to my typical style at the top to give more detail since I tend to be heavy-handed with the pencils.

First one fresh off the notepad: the Shii-Cho

I like it. Simple yet functional, with a touch of personality.

Just please don't automatically do a curved hilt and call it "Makashi". -_-

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2020, 07:16:29 PM »

I like it. Simple yet functional, with a touch of personality.

Just please don't automatically do a curved hilt and call it "Makashi". -_-

I've already drawn a hilt titled "Makashi" - it was the hilt based upon a Foil

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2020, 07:39:45 PM »

Hi Psycho,

I like the design, I have to say though I thought the etch on the shroud was Gallifreyan (I think I spelt that correctly) symbols and you'd done a Doctor Who themed hilt.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: