Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: How do you transport all your sabers and gear?  (Read 7326 times)
Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 01:43:50 AM »

Along with For Tyeth's suggestion, the carrier in the video showed an adjustable broom holder thing.  You can move one of the clips away from the others.
Ken- what Janx said, you can adjust as needed, the holder i used will keep the saber in place. 
Forgot to include in my previous list of things spare blades and tips (in the camera bag) and now my knight belt since I can’t teach without wearing it (usually I keep it in the camera bag too so it doesn’t get left)
Hey Lady, shoot us a pic of that camera bag when you get a chance, I am liking the sound of all the room you have in that thing.  My set-up also allows for a couple spare blades in the saber pocket in between the complete sabers. 

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 02:07:03 AM »

Ken- what Janx said, you can adjust as needed, the holder i used will keep the saber in place.  Hey Lady, shoot us a pic of that camera bag when you get a chance, I am liking the sound of all the room you have in that thing.  My set-up also allows for a couple spare blades in the saber pocket in between the complete sabers. 

Will do! it's a pretty massive bag, it's about as long as I am tall. and a decent width and height also, with a side pocket for smaller things.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 01:22:36 PM »

But it sounds like some of you bring more than you got hands for.  Why?

How do you know how many hands we have?  Grin

On a more serious note, when going to lightsaber class I usually bring only one and only sometimes two when someone else needs a specific color.

It's only for cons that I've recently had to bring more because they needed some for the stall and/or initiation class. I'll post picks of what I use soon.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2019, 03:03:43 PM »

How do you know how many hands we have?  Grin

By the way you type your posts.  Also, your pics kinda give it away.... Smiley

BionicDance
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2019, 03:05:25 PM »

This is something that's actually been on my mind for a while and, in fact, held me back from joining a dueling club (cuz the only one near me is pretty far away).

Long story short: for medical reasons (seizures), I wasn't able to drive until quite recently (brain surgery; that's an even longer story). Thinking seriously about buying a vehicle, but can't really justify a whole car. Looking at maybe a scooter or motorcycle.
BUT that is still going to make transporting sabers a little iffy. Protective gear could totally go in a backpack, but unless I wanna take out the blade and put it all back together when I get to the sparring area every time, I d'know what options I've got.

Anybody transport sabers on a two-wheeled vehicle like I intend? How does that work out for ya?

I was looking at something like this, maybe...?
https://www.amazon.com/LEONARK-Fencing-Epee-Saber-Foil/dp/B07L5FSWWB/

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2019, 07:49:54 PM »

To clarify why some people bring so many, I can’t speak for others, but I usually have 5: my two Saviors (one of which I keep at a shorter length for my offhand while dual wielding), a staff (which is 2 sabers by itself), and a spare saber. I might start bringing my whip in the future when I finish it. Gonna be working on some whip choreography to throw in for performances.

I have to pack my bag tonight for a basic class tomorrow, so I’ll take some pics or a video

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2019, 07:54:18 PM »

This is something that's actually been on my mind for a while and, in fact, held me back from joining a dueling club (cuz the only one near me is pretty far away).

Long story short: for medical reasons (seizures), I wasn't able to drive until quite recently (brain surgery; that's an even longer story). Thinking seriously about buying a vehicle, but can't really justify a whole car. Looking at maybe a scooter or motorcycle.
BUT that is still going to make transporting sabers a little iffy. Protective gear could totally go in a backpack, but unless I wanna take out the blade and put it all back together when I get to the sparring area every time, I d'know what options I've got.

Anybody transport sabers on a two-wheeled vehicle like I intend? How does that work out for ya?

I have a smaller fabric bag I got for like $8 on Amazon I use for when I only need to transport 1 or 2. Might work for you. I walk everywhere or take the train and bus, so I feel your struggle in transporting things

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2019, 08:48:40 PM »

That seems reasonable actually.  Though is it long enough since a foil is x length plus a pretty short hilt (light sabers seem to be 13" hilts)?

I've toyed with some ideas for my steampunk jedi, and in one I'm thinking of hiding/protecting the blade in a PVC pipe.  Perhaps line the top/bottom ends with felt (an inch or two in as far as my fingers can stuff it) so the blade doesn't rub/scuff.  That idea might have merit in that case, as a way to keep them straight since it appears floppy.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 09:58:25 PM »

I store my lightsabers without blades attached. They fit well in 20 mm ammo crates. When I transport them, the Blades are cloth bagged and velcro strapped together (in stacks of 3). Special hilts (Graflex, Chosen One, Emperor's Hand, etc), are wrapped in micro fiber towels, velcro strapped tight, then ditty bagged.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2019, 05:57:40 AM »

Video of packing my Saber Bag! Sorry for the shaky camera as I’m trying to hold my phone and do everything one-handed LOL

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41JW7BRqBxE&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41JW7BRqBxE&amp;t=1s</a>

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2019, 06:04:06 AM »

So the little 1-2 saber bag I have is about $12 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZFXCTH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I paid $60 for the camera bag that I use for my bulk saber bag in the video, though it's $55.50 now:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EQ1ALPS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2019, 05:41:39 AM »

By the way you type your posts.  Also, your pics kinda give it away.... Smiley

SPOILER ALERT! These pics are not of me  Wink

Back on subject. I didn't get around to take some pics yet but basically I have one saber bag I bought and two I made myself.

The first one is a cotton protection for a katana I bought years ago that I use for a spare saber if I need to bring one extra, because it's black cotton and basically only "hides" the saber without protecting it much and no straps to help carry it.

The second one, which I made, fits a single saber. It's made of black faux leather and has a car seat belt strap to carry it on my back. This protects it well from scratches as well as rain and snow and the strap it quite resistant. Only thing I'd change on it would be some sort of padding on the strap so it would be more comfortable when I carry it without jacket (with t-shirt only it can be a bit uncomfortable when going far).

The third one isn't fully ready yet. It's made of brown faux leather and can hold up to 7-8 sabers. No separations inside yet to protect them from banging against each other so for the time being I use bubble wrap. I had to make it on short notice (like 4 hours  Grin ) because my school needed some for a con and discovered they where short only the day before. Still haven't found the time to make proper straps to carry it on my back, but it's a work in progress.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2019, 06:26:08 AM »

I use a rifle case that I bought off of evilBay (eBay).

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2019, 12:02:04 PM »

Video of packing my Saber Bag! Sorry for the shaky camera as I’m trying to hold my phone and do everything one-handed LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41JW7BRqBxE&t=1s#

Thanks for taking the time to share Mil’Lady! That is one hell of a massive bag. I like the dividers inside. I have a lot of the same extra stuff, but not as much as you (just like I don’t have nearly as many sabers as you). I think I was most fascinated by your QB arm band cheat sheet! What a brilliant idea, and striking to see the nomenclature of choreography all written out in its own language.  Very interesting and different compared to what I do with a saber- I love it!
I use a rifle case that I bought off of evilBay (eBay).

I would say the rifle case is probably the most popular method at the Academy. I went with the rolling catchers bag so have gear and sabers all in one bag and still have a free hand.
I didn't get around to take some pics yet but basically I have one saber bag I bought and two I made myself.

Looking forward to seeing these Nox!

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2019, 06:27:42 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to share Mil’Lady! That is one hell of a massive bag. I like the dividers inside. I have a lot of the same extra stuff, but not as much as you (just like I don’t have nearly as many sabers as you). I think I was most fascinated by your QB arm band cheat sheet! What a brilliant idea, and striking to see the nomenclature of choreography all written out in its own language.  Very interesting and different compared to what I do with a saber- I love it! I would say the rifle case is probably the most popular method at the Academy. I went with the rolling catchers bag so have gear and sabers all in one bag and still have a free hand. Looking forward to seeing these Nox!

You’re welcome! The idea for the wristband was actually suggested to me by “my master,” Master Kalec XD He used one when studying for his exams. I think I need to take mine up again to review the single saber part for Obi-Maul. I think o carry the same number of sabers typically as you though. About 5. I just have extra blades lol. I’ll have to do a separate video sometime of the differences in packing for Saber Guild as opposed to for Saber Craft. That one gets Tetris style lol

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: