Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: How do you transport all your sabers and gear?  (Read 7238 times)
Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« on: May 30, 2019, 01:19:18 AM »

I was wondering how everyone transports around your sabers and associated gear? To and from classes, cons, tournaments, etc?  I made a little video with what I came up with.  I am curious how the rest of you do it.  Please add your pictures, videos, ideas and anything else to this thread- thanks!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_8wmR9iG1w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_8wmR9iG1w</a>

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 01:40:53 AM »

Since I came up with a steampunk jedi outfit, I've toyed with making a long wooden case to carry the blade, tools and charger.  Seemed like making it fancy and more convoluted would be a steampunk thing to do.

Darth Vaius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

Dark Side Points Only Please

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 07:10:47 AM »

I carry my sabers in a Pelican Case and my blades and stuff in a Sword Bag. I dont wear protective gear so no need to transport that lol.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 09:34:00 AM »

I don't have to carry any combat armor, but for my saber classes, I frequently have to carry 2-5 sabers, yoga mat, a binder of choreography notations, and tools/batteries/misc. stuff (Allen key set, batteries, chargers, blade plugs, soldering kit, spare retention screws, pens, pencils, staff connectors, etc.). For that I use a photography equipment bag. Occasionally I have to pack costumes (which include heavy boots and full armor frequently) and an iron/ironing board too, in which case I use a garment bag for each costume (they all have small pockets for accessories and misc. things like a sewing kit, spare Velcro, etc.) and arrange it Tetris style in a folding grocery cart with the small folding ironing board, iron, boots, and photography bag of sabers.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Vaius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

Dark Side Points Only Please

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 10:44:59 AM »

Lady Revan - Master of Travel  Cheesy

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 10:59:22 AM »

Great video, MP!  

I use a telescoping art tube that can hold from 1 to 4 sabers

https://www.amazon.com/DSM-Brand-Telescoping-Blueprints-Expandable/dp/B073HY5V9G/ref=sr_1_36?keywords=telescoping+storage+tube&qid=1559213527&s=gateway&sr=8-36

I then use a saber bag, look up "saber bag" or "defconbird" on eBay. He makes different sabers to cover and protect your hilts

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Warrior Poet

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 12:38:23 PM »

I don't have to carry any combat armor, but for my saber classes, I frequently have to carry 2-5 sabers, yoga mat, a binder of choreography notations, and tools/batteries/misc. stuff (Allen key set, batteries, chargers, blade plugs, soldering kit, spare retention screws, pens, pencils, staff connectors, etc.). For that I use a photography equipment bag. Occasionally I have to pack costumes (which include heavy boots and full armor frequently) and an iron/ironing board too, in which case I use a garment bag for each costume (they all have small pockets for accessories and misc. things like a sewing kit, spare Velcro, etc.) and arrange it Tetris style in a folding grocery cart with the small folding ironing board, iron, boots, and photography bag of sabers.
Amazing Lady R, I love that a folding ironing board is part of your kit! Such a cool and diverse hobby to which we belong.  “Arrange it Tetris style” paints such a beautifully vivid mental picture. I will have to remember that phrase. Your description gives me an idea for another thread some day on what goes into a saber tool/misc. stuff kit.
Great video, MP! 

I use a telescoping art tube that can hold from 1 to 4 sabers

https://www.amazon.com/DSM-Brand-Telescoping-Blueprints-Expandable/dp/B073HY5V9G/ref=sr_1_36?keywords=telescoping+storage+tube&qid=1559213527&s=gateway&sr=8-36

I then use a saber bag, look up "saber bag" or "defconbird" on eBay. He makes different sabers to cover and protect your hilts
Great tips! I’ve seen his stuff on eBay- good to know you recommend it.

On YouTube

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 06:03:51 PM »

I was wondering how everyone transports around your sabers and associated gear? To and from classes, cons, tournaments, etc?  I made a little video with what I came up with.  I am curious how the rest of you do it.  Please add your pictures, videos, ideas and anything else to this thread- thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_8wmR9iG1w#

Thanks!  Nice idea there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »

Possibly a stupid question, but why are you transporting so many light sabers?

I've known musicians to bring 2 guitars, in case one has a problem.  So two of everything makes sense.

But it sounds like some of you bring more than you got hands for.  Why?

granted, I have 1 light saber. y'all might be bringing spares for students?

Just curious.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 07:10:06 PM »

I've known musicians to bring 2 guitars, in case one has a problem.  So two of everything makes sense.

Just curious.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when we take our sabers somewhere we end up loaning several out for impromptu sparring sessions.    Which is why we also bring gloves and I bought a batch of safety glasses not to long ago for eye protection.   Bare minimum, but at least we don't get broken fingers or poked-out eyes! 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Warrior Poet

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 07:48:02 PM »

Just curious.

One saber?!?!?!? The addiction is only in the incubation phase for you....
Like Karmack, I can’t speak for others, but I have a few reasons. During any given class I may want to use a dedicated one hander, a true two hander (for different types of sparring), my shoto set for kali/jar’kai drills and another pretty saber like my Savior for form or flow practice. I know it sounds silly, but it’s not a stretch for me to use 5 different sabers during a 2 hour class. Like your musician analogy, different sounds for different tunes or styles. And yes it’s nice to have extra sabers around for brand new students. The other main reason is the Academy sets up at a few cons throughout the year and we usually set up a booth with a bunch of sabers on display. The footage of me walking around the city streets in the video, my daughter shot while we were walking to the convention center for a con a couple weeks back.

On YouTube

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 08:24:28 PM »

I'm looking at one but I'm concerned about carrying a saber with a tsuba with any other sabers.

Always try to do what is right.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 09:04:53 PM »

I'm looking at one but I'm concerned about carrying a saber with a tsuba with any other sabers.

Hi Ken at Sunrise,

You could get some foam pipe insulation tubing, the type that is slit down it's length and wraps round the pipe. You can cut a short length long enough to wrap around the circumference of the Tsuba, fitting the edge into the groove to form a padded rim. Just use a bit of tape to keep it in position. It might not look pretty but it should stop the Tsuba contacting/rubbing against your other hilts.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 09:41:02 PM »

Along with For Tyeth's suggestion, the carrier in the video showed an adjustable broom holder thing.  You can move one of the clips away from the others.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2019, 12:03:29 AM »

Forgot to include in my previous list of things spare blades and tips (in the camera bag) and now my knight belt since I can’t teach without wearing it (usually I keep it in the camera bag too so it doesn’t get left)

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: