Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: More than two colors in idle setting?  (Read 1890 times)
Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« on: May 30, 2019, 12:59:50 PM »

Is it possible to have the LED alternate between three colors while in idle mode?  I know you can have it alternate between two, but what about three?

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 01:33:30 PM »

Absolutely possible.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 03:05:13 PM »

Great!  Is this done through the Advanced Wizard?  I can't seem to figure it out through the Easy Editor.  I also can't seem to find out how to do it in the manual.  My wife wants her diamond saber to slowly cycle through our college colors (Blue, Yellow, White) while on display (she does have the rapid recharge port, so no battery worries) but I can't figure out how to get three colors, just two.  Am I missing something?

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 05:42:15 PM »

You need the Effect Editor for that. There you can create your effects for your font and then upload it to the board.

In the Editor, you have to turn on all three colours and then create a few data points where you define time and channel intensity. You have a colour preview where you can see the colours you created and how they alternate.

It's basically the same procedure you go through for a normal two-colour pulse, you just add the third colour before pulsiung to the first again.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

BionicDance
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 12:30:40 AM »

I like to keep Photoshop open while I'm editing an effect, cuz trying to make the right color by adjusting RGBW individually is gonna be a bitch.

That way, you can easily make the color you want in Photoshop, look at the individual RGB values in order to produce  that color, then use those numbers to get your points right in the effect editor.
And if you don't have Photoshop, I'm sure there are other art programs that are cheaper--or free!--that'll help you do the same thing.

The advanced effect editor is a breeze to use, really. I actually found the simpler editor to be far more arcane.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 02:17:00 AM »

I like to keep Photoshop open while I'm editing an effect, cuz trying to make the right color by adjusting RGBW individually is gonna be a bitch.

That way, you can easily make the color you want in Photoshop, look at the individual RGB values in order to produce  that color, then use those numbers to get your points right in the effect editor.
And if you don't have Photoshop, I'm sure there are other art programs that are cheaper--or free!--that'll help you do the same thing.

The advanced effect editor is a breeze to use, really. I actually found the simpler editor to be far more arcane.

What?

Photoshop...

BionicDance
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 07:44:53 AM »

What?

Photoshop...

...yes, Photoshop.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 03:48:26 PM »

Windows paint also shows color values. Just click the edit colors and in the new window, find the color you want then look at the values and input to the editor. GIMP also has similar.

There are also online color wheels you can select the color you want and it will show you the values to use. I use the terms: "color wheel - color calculator".

Note: If your monitor is not color synced the actual values may be different from what you see on your lightsaber.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: