Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Disney's new theme park in pictures  (Read 4324 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« on: May 30, 2019, 04:49:08 PM »

Disneyland has offered the first glimpse of its newest attraction, the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge theme park. Visitors can build their own droids and lightsabers, interact with aliens and step into the cockpit of an exact copy of the Millennium Falcon. The interactive experience allows a team of six people to operate the spacecraft

Galaxy’s Edge is an adventure through the grungy planet Batuu, a remote world in the newest Star Wars trilogy, and the fight between the Resistance and the evil First Order

A replica of the Millennium Falcon

The heads of creatures from various Star Wars films are mounted on the wall of the Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities store

Inside the Millenium Falcon

A worker shows off a remote-controlled Kowakian monkey-lizard

An A-wing interceptor starfighter

Characters stroll through the marketplace at the Black Spire outpost

The Millennium Falcon

The Millennium Falcon cockpit offers an interactive experience in which a team of six people operates the spacecraft

The Dok-Ondor’s Den of Antiquities store

Stormtroopers pose alongside a TIE fighter

The Droid Depot, where customers can build their own droid

An OutpostCantina

Visitors can sample the blue milk that made an appearance with Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: A New Hope

Stormtroopers with Kylo Ren

Disney christened the park with a firework display and a reunion of some of the biggest names in Star Wars, including George Lucas, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams

Fans take part in a dedication ceremony for the new attraction

Visitors interact with an Ithorian

Familiar faces including Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren and Chewbacca are part of the adventure

Visitors can eat space meat roasted by a spare pod-racing engine, and have a drink at an outer-space cantina.

Disney officials said it took more the five years to develop and build the attraction

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 09:17:40 PM »

This is AWESOME!!!! Shocked Shocked Maybe someday I will be able to see it in person. Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 06:40:56 AM »

I would love to be able to see all this in person but I don't like crowds. Maybe in a couple of years when we are deep in Star Wars movie hiatus.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 11:15:42 AM »

Going to try and plan this vacation myself.  This one in California (Disneyland) is completed and the one in Florida (Disney World) will be done in 3 months.  Going to try and take the family to the one in Florida

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 10:30:24 PM »

Same here, the Florida park would be a better bet for me. I'm hyped for all the movie lightsaber replicas, I still collect those as well so =] Too bad we can't take our own stuff along though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 02:54:57 AM »

I live an hour away and have an annual pass to DW. However, I'm going to wait at least a year to a year and a half before visiting. Let the newness die down some, and the crowds. My brother-in-law is in charge of making sure the Falcon ride gets built on time. I wonder if they allow us to bring out lightsabers into GE?

Diamond: Graflex SE

LSUJedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

Strive for the light. Accept the dark.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 07:09:21 AM »

Definitely a very cool experience that I will take one day... Call it a pilgrimage, because it will likely only be a one time thing, but will nonetheless be a religious experience, I'm sure.

Alekso Lor'ens <------ X ------> Darth Emrys

Dem Sabers:
DIY Archon v3.1 - Consular Green
Bellicose - Guardian Blue
Initiate v3 LE - Violet Amethyst
Double-bladed Apprentice v5 LE - Fire Orange
Dark Initiate - Consular Green
Dark Initiate - Blazing Red

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 11:13:16 AM »

I live an hour away and have an annual pass to DW. However, I'm going to wait at least a year to a year and a half before visiting. Let the newness die down some, and the crowds. My brother-in-law is in charge of making sure the Falcon ride gets built on time. I wonder if they allow us to bring out lightsabers into GE?
I was just having this conversation with someone. Apparently it’s a no go. When you buy one of the light sabers there they actually give you a bag to put it in and require it to stay in the bag while in the park.
So I’m guessing our own personal ones are no longer allowed.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 10:10:46 PM »

Was reading about the rules & requirements; supposedly , there's requirements on costumes you can wear. Also, If you buy a complete costume while there, you can't wear it, if you're an adult.

You can buy replica sabers - look on ebay, they're already for sale there - plus kyber crystals. Note: it seems the lightsaber blades are the LED light string variety - but in looking at the sabers, especially the replica ones, look great. Ashoka Tano Clone War era ones look great.

Was tempted to buy a Tano lightsaber set or Ventress, but that new UltraSabers Dominicide won that argument.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 09:56:32 PM »

Was reading about the rules & requirements; supposedly , there's requirements on costumes you can wear. Also, If you buy a complete costume while there, you can't wear it, if you're an adult.

You can buy replica sabers - look on ebay, they're already for sale there - plus kyber crystals. Note: it seems the lightsaber blades are the LED light string variety - but in looking at the sabers, especially the replica ones, look great. Ashoka Tano Clone War era ones look great.

Was tempted to buy a Tano lightsaber set or Ventress, but that new UltraSabers Dominicide won that argument.

I swear that's a crazy foolish decision(s) on their part. I do understand part of the people in costume thing up to a point... and the concerns they may have with that in theory OR with people bringing/waving around their own sabers. BUT they needed to realize the offset the fans that are hardcore fans would bring to the table... it'd more than make up for the profits they think they'll be missing out on!

1st) They should allow "convention days" for a part of the year or something. So everyone that comes is allowed costumes, and probably lightsabers too. The traffic and sales would be STUPID large profits I'll bet!

2nd) You should be able to have your lightsaber out and/or attached to your belt! It's basic marketing, even if they are "otherguys" sabers in many cases... it'll drive up demand in many visitors seeing people with lightsabers!!! I mean unless theirs are like massively overpriced to the point visitors would be like "oh I'm buying the one this guy got from US for $80 instead of this perfect replica $600 version here (and I'm just making up a number) but seriously; I remember going to parks as a kid. You see that stuff and you're like OH MAN I WANT ONE, so seeing tons of lightsabers will generate purchases I bet it.

3rd) I WISH they had an arena! Like a dueling ring, looking like an underworld mob fighting place or some such... so you can show proof of age, sign a waver, wear protective gear, I don't care if I HAVE TO PAY but I'm down to bring my US and throw down with randoms. Roar of a crowd, or crowd seating for people to watch as they please... even like 6 fighting pits with referees and everything. I mean dear word would that get too fun. Liability can go out the window, make me sign like a 20 pg release of liability, I don't care if I get Anakin levels of damage in the process! That's a once in a lifetime bit of fun. They could make money selling concessions to the fans, or hiring stage combat actors from the victors! If it went like: you keep winning you stay in, and then have the best 2 face off from the 6 pits and then repeat; it could be one heck of a good time. Maybe my "illegal hutt fighting pits" or Sith colosseum idea is a bit too much for them... but the first 2 work well I think? But seriously, you rack up 5 "champion" wins in a lifetime and get a commemorative item or something. IDK some exclusive shirt saying you're an honorary member of the First Order, Knights of Ren, Imperial Honor Guard... I don't care, just make it so Disney!  Cry

4th) My last request, when Harrison Ford dies, he donates his body to be "frozen in carbonite..." And you enshrine him at the Original Disney World or something... That will ALWAYS draw a massive following. I mean it'd legit become a SW Mecca where fans make a pilgrimage. I don't care if it's macabre, people do crazier things with their ashes and other ideas. If I was a titian of cinema to that point, I'd probably say whatever about it and say "sure who cares, I'll be dead anyway. This atleast will be hilarious and one for the fans." I mean that'd be in the top 10 final resting place ideas of all time probably. Heck, if I had played a big name Sith and had stupid amounts of money I'd probably commission a "Valley of the Dark Lords" cemetery/landmark of tombs to be created. Then reach out to past and future Sith stars to be entombed if they wished... That would become like the creepy awesome Dark Sider pilgrimage spot of a lifetime. Just sayin, if I were there would be a go fund me already amassing $$$. Heck, with holograms and "AI's" that mimic a preprogrammed set of words and responses you could have a no joke Holocron as a monument replacing a tomb stone. Color me crazy but you only live once right?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: