Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: cosplay idea  (Read 2324 times)
JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 2

« on: June 02, 2019, 05:23:00 AM »

I have an idea for a cosplay character.  I want to base his armor off of the Imperial Knight armor with some slight changes.  Any suggestions anyone can provide would be appreciated.

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 05:48:49 AM »

Are you just looking to recolor? There's a shop on Etsy that does Imperial Knight Armor. Never purchased from them personally, but the reviews seem good. If you have access to a 3D printer, you might look at getting ahold of a template and printing/painting yourself

https://www.etsy.com/listing/223359536/made-to-order-star-wars-imperial-knight

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 06:06:35 AM »

I wish I had a 3D printer.  To answer your question, the shoulder pauldrons I believe they are called would have three segments, not just two.  The other main difference would be the addition of a hooded cape.  This is for Jeskaaro Nova'arii, a member of the Fi'arii Elite Royal Guard.

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 06:35:48 AM »

If you don't have access to a printer, I might suggest learning simple armor building. A foam-worbla combo is relatively easy to make. I used it for my "Revan Armor Project" and it was very durable

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 01:38:33 PM »

Ya, I took a look at the link that you provided on Etsy and that wasn't accurate enough, lol

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 04:26:42 PM »

There are “more accurate” but they’re going to cost more. Best bet is probably getting foam, Worbla, sandpaper, and paint to DIY

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 04:45:10 PM »

This would be the first rome I've ever attempted anyrhing like this

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 07:21:50 PM »

This would be the first rome I've ever attempted anyrhing like this

No better time to learn than the present. Thread I mentioned was my first time too. It's not a difficult procedure assuming you can have someone measure you.  Look up "armor building tutorials" on Youtube and focus on those using EVA foam and/or Worbla. There are other methods too, but those tend to require a little more experience from my understanding.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 03:22:00 AM »

I started with EVA foam, and then worked my way to Sintra for my Therion Jinn armor.
Plenty of tutorials on Youtube, and EVA foam can be very forgiving of mistakes as you learn as it's not as expensive as some materials

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 10:43:47 AM »

Think for now I am going to focus on this character's "Jedi" disguise.  So I will be looking to do something in that direction for now

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 02:52:32 PM »

I am thinking perhaps a cross between a ninja outfit and traditional jedi

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 05:35:17 PM »

I wish I had a 3D printer.  To answer your question, the shoulder pauldrons I believe they are called would have three segments, not just two.  The other main difference would be the addition of a hooded cape.  This is for Jeskaaro Nova'arii, a member of the Fi'arii Elite Royal Guard.

Pauldrons, yes.  Also, the segments, in this application are called "lames", pronounced "lams".   Armor is weird, and almost all the terms are French.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

ScificommodoreJones
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 12:42:19 PM »

I'm just going to pull the patches off my old flight suit, pats my gut to put on a large one I get a generic flight suit add my ships patch  few belts, holster I'm done I play a  civilian freighter pilot, not a smuggler,  who inherited the "Grey Nomad" from my father who  inherited from his father. I was born on this ship in hyperspace and I'll die on it character wise the saber I found as a child was a Siths damaged horribly  having repaired it I'm still "healing"  till it  no longer bleeds .
now my eight year old Granddaughter what's to be a force sensitive saber welding Tailor's  apprentice so any ideal's how a tailor would dress only thing I can think of is some form of leather arm wrappings wear one can absent-mindedly stick pins and such during alterations maybe look as steampunk for inspiration any Idea's

Sabers owned for my granddaughter is The Dark Sentinel   LE V4 Fire orange stunt saber, while I got the Dark Apprentice v5 with light sound and tri Fire orange, the fallen V4, artic blue foc
Wife got Dominix Le V2 blazing red ,Guardian  tri  Adegan Silver
Dark Arbiter FO FOC silver V4 sound

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: