Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: "Daytime" saber blades?  (Read 5012 times)
firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 11:55:53 AM »

Its the Dark Warglaive emitter but I drilled out the pin holes all the way through for added window highlights. I use the 4 claw screw mount holes as added blade retention since this is my HEAVY dueler.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 03:06:54 PM »

So my purple blade arrived from TCSS and it makes my VA look much more like I wanted it to IRL. Very happy with it.

Next question: Has anyone tried using "off-color" LEDs rather than matching the day blade?  My oldest wants to save up for the Fallen with sound and wants it to have options for Blue, Yellow/Orange and Green, but there's absolutely no way we can afford the Emerald option.

So I think he'll want to get it in Tri-Silver and use color filters for the Yellow/Orange & Green and a thick-walled day blade for the Blue
I'm confident we can achieve the colors he wants that way.
But my other son usually wants Red but also wants some color variety. He is ok with no sound.  I was thinking of going the same route of Tri-Silver for his and getting a thick-walled Red blade, but I think there's a chance it might look a bit pinkish and/or too dim.

Then an idea popped into my brain: Tri-Orange + Red blade.  In theory, it should keep the brightness but still be very red (no pink at all), while still giving him an option to use a standard/HG blade to keep the Orange.  We may even be able to use color filters to edge it into a Greenish-Yellow (by block out some of the red light) if he wants

Can anyone confirm this theory? Is this a decent idea to have each saber with 2-3 color options on a limited budget?

-

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 04:36:38 PM »

Your theories are sound and the combinations sound correct but with dayblades you will loose more brightness than through decent quality filters. You will also find that due to the limited shades available in dayblades you will have a harder time getting precise colors for some choices.

You seem to be having fun experimenting and doing well at finding results you like. I'd say just keep it up.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 04:58:10 PM »

Your theories are sound and the combinations sound correct but with dayblades you will loose more brightness than through decent quality filters. You will also find that due to the limited shades available in dayblades you will have a harder time getting precise colors for some choices.

You seem to be having fun experimenting and doing well at finding results you like. I'd say just keep it up.
Thanx. This is certainly fun so far. I've always enjoyed color theory.
I've seen a few videos using Red blades with Orange LEDs. It comes out red and is fairly bright.
If Tri-Orange + Red blade is as bright or brighter than a single LED Red than it's a success in my book. And from the limited videos I've seen, it should be brighter.

-

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2020, 12:11:45 AM »

I’ve made a YouTube review of coloured day blades and special effects  blades BUT I’m not sure if I’d be breaking forum rules posting it as the day blade supplier also sells sabers and I don’t want to  upset anyone here or at Ultrasabers... maybe I can send a link to the video to a forum moderator to review for approval?

In the meantime I do have a photo of the special effect blade to give an example of what it looks like in my US Flamberge. I think that should be ok to post as there’s no info about ‘the other guys’ on there.

I frikken love that saber!

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2020, 12:22:40 AM »

That's pretty sweet Robyn!  And agreed on the 'other guys'. I think the only one we can mention by name is TCSS as they are not direct competitors, but sell mostly US compatible accessories.  Which is where all my day blades are from

Speaking of, I now have enough day blades to do a video review, which I'll be posting on Friday.
We have Photon Green blades, Blue, Red and Purple. And I simply LOVE day blades. They really add that extra WOW to the already excellent craftsmanship of US

-

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -50

DS points please :)

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2020, 02:58:13 AM »

cool I'm going to check out the day blades for my wall display, rather than re-wire the hilts to accept a cord from a charger, and  then deal with the LED heat build up

Spectre, pro build, NEC Igniter 3, NPxl
Grand Master, Azure, pro build, GHv3, NPxl
Empress (dark), Pro ffie2.2, NPxl
Dark Apprentice LE V5, Xenopixel core 30 fonts *woot*
Sentinel LE V5, Xenopixel core, 30 fonts

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: