Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Adapter for Xtar Master battery charger  (Read 2402 times)
Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« on: June 03, 2019, 03:37:09 PM »

Finally got my Saber today. Does the VC2 Plus Xtar Master battery charger supposed to come with an adapter to plug into the outlet? Mine did not. I'm using my phone charger adapter.

Diamond: Graflex SE

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 04:33:10 PM »

It should come with a USB power cord and a power supply that has a USB slot. If not - contact Marlena and she'll solve it Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 04:43:55 PM »

Thank you. Yeah I'll have to contact her.

It should come with a USB power cord and a power supply that has a USB slot. If not - contact Marlena and she'll solve it Smiley

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 04:53:44 PM »

Just read through the description again. It doesn't explicitly say that an adaptor is included, it just says that it's compatible with any 5V USB adaptor...no matter if it's from a cell phone, PC USB or others Undecided Which could mean that it doesn't necessarily include one when you order it.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 10:02:42 PM »

Ahhh ok. Sounds good. I thought it was a special power supply because it was asking for 2.1amp 5v charger and most phone chargers are just 2amp. That shouldn't make much of a difference. Thank you.

Just read through the description again. It doesn't explicitly say that an adaptor is included, it just says that it's compatible with any 5V USB adaptor...no matter if it's from a cell phone, PC USB or others Undecided Which could mean that it doesn't necessarily include one when you order it.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 10:33:03 PM »

The input power for the charger should be a plug not a USB. It has an USB output but not input. So unless they changed it should have came with a plug.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 10:41:34 PM »

My VC2 Xtar did come with a USB to wall outlet adapter as seen in the picture below.  You should not have to use one from your cell phone, it should be included as standard.  Definitely contact customer service, they take pictures of everything they send out and will be able to quickly verify that it was not included.

As tx just pointed out the connection to the Xtar itself is a round plug.  The connection to the USB to wall adapter is of course a USB.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 11:42:21 PM »

Thank you both. I have emailed Marlena. I appreciate the help.

My VC2 Xtar did come with a USB to wall outlet adapter as seen in the picture below.  You should not have to use one from your cell phone, it should be included as standard.  Definitely contact customer service, they take pictures of everything they send out and will be able to quickly verify that it was not included.

As tx just pointed out the connection to the Xtar itself is a round plug.  The connection to the USB to wall adapter is of course a USB.

Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 12:42:28 AM »

I think know why it's missing and I'm a dummy. UltraSabers probably uses the same adapter to connect to the in hilt charging port. If it is the same that's why it's missing. I know that they are out of the chargers but I wasn't thinking that they might use the same adapter for the external battery charger. If this is the case I feel like a real dummy emailing her about it haha.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 04:40:49 AM »

Let us know what she says, I still suspect you are missing the adapter wall plug because the Xtar VC2 and the recharge port charger look totally different.

This is the one for the in hilt recharge port:

https://ultrasabers.com/product/1-2a-smart-charger-for-recharge-ports/

Actually go to this link and click on the second picture, it clearly shows what all comes with the Xtar VC2

https://ultrasabers.com/product/vc2-battery-charger-dual-slot/

Doesn't get much clearer than this.  Circular plug connects to the Xtar, USB connection to the wall adapter.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2019, 12:18:36 PM »

Okay, it's supposed to come with a wall adaptor then. A case for the customer support if you didn't receive one Smiley

Sig by Master Nero

Darth Vaius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

Dark Side Points Only Please

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 12:21:02 PM »

Check the shipping box. Mine always seems to be deep in the box buried by the peanuts

Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2019, 01:48:49 PM »

Mine didn't come with any peanuts and the box is empty. Just waiting to hear back from Marlena.

Check the shipping box. Mine always seems to be deep in the box buried by the peanuts

Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2019, 03:07:42 PM »

Email from Marlena:

"Hello Josh,

I am sorry for my confusion, we do not send wall adapter because many people have these by the dozens at home and international customers typically have to have a special one for their country. I apologize for my misunderstanding."

All cleared up 🙂.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2019, 05:40:45 PM »

Good to hear that!

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: