Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Are you a Veteran?  (Read 7066 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 07:43:43 PM »

Local police for 28 years and counting.

Thanks!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2019, 01:36:05 PM »

I can’t think of a better day than the 75th anniversary of Operation Overlord to thank all those that wear the uniforms of service. Thank you all for the freedoms my family and I continue to enjoy.

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2019, 02:11:26 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsffJD6-xe8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsffJD6-xe8</a>

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2019, 02:50:53 PM »

Great picture MP and I enjoyed that video, Knox

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2019, 08:51:25 PM »

That generation is almost ago, those guys are in their 90s and 100s. Rather they wanted to be or not the bravest heroes that ever lived!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2019, 12:52:33 AM »

Thank you to all that have served in some way or another. I will always support each and every one of you.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Thnkswckd
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -54

I LOVE THE DARKSIDE

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2019, 08:03:50 PM »

Army, 11B, 14 yrs,
Have lightsaber, still cover my FPL with 7.62

Dont Shoot Like a Trooper!!! One Shot... One Kill!!! If That Fails.. Adapt: Two To The Chest... One To The Head

Bane - Diamond / Chosen One CE - Diamond / Crimson-Grand-Master - Diamond / Guardian - Diamond / SaviorAzure - Diamond /Spectre - Diamond / Franken Saber / Aeon le v3 / Bellicose / Dark Initiate V2 / Dominix v4 / Dominix le v4 / Prophecy v3 / Dark Prophecy v3

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2019, 07:54:49 PM »

Oorah, fellow brother in arms

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2019, 12:57:27 PM »

Happy Veterans Day to my fellow brothers and sisters in arms, pass, present, and future.  

A Brief History of Veterans Day

Veterans Day, formerly known as Armistice Day, was originally set as a U.S. legal holiday to honor the end of World War I, which officially took place on November 11, 1918. In legislation that was passed in 1938, November 11 was "dedicated to the cause of world peace and to be hereafter celebrated and known as 'Armistice Day.'" As such, this new legal holiday honored World War I veterans.

In 1954, after having been through both World War II and the Korean War, the 83rd U.S. Congress -- at the urging of the veterans service organizations -- amended the Act of 1938 by striking out the word "Armistice" and inserting the word "Veterans." With the approval of this legislation on June 1, 1954, Nov. 11 became a day to honor American veterans of all wars.

In 1968, the Uniforms Holiday Bill ensured three-day weekends for federal employees by celebrating four national holidays on Mondays: Washington's Birthday, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and Columbus Day. Under this bill, Veterans Day was moved to the fourth Monday of October. Many states did not agree with this decision and continued to celebrate the holiday on its original date. The first Veterans Day under the new law was observed with much confusion on Oct. 25, 1971.

Finally on September 20, 1975, President Gerald R. Ford signed a law which returned the annual observance of Veterans Day to its original date of Nov. 11, beginning in 1978. Since then, the Veterans Day holiday has been observed on Nov. 11.

Celebrating the Veterans Day Holiday

If the Nov. 11 holiday falls on a non-workday -- Saturday or Sunday -- the holiday is observed by the federal government on Monday (if the holiday falls on Sunday) or Friday (if the holiday falls on Saturday). Federal government closings are established by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management. State and local government closings are determined locally, and non- government businesses can close or remain open as they see fit, regardless of federal, state or local government operation determinations.

United States Senate Resolution 143, which was passed on Aug. 4, 2001, designated the week of Nov. 11 through Nov. 17, 2001, as "National Veterans Awareness Week." The resolution calls for educational efforts directed at elementary and secondary school students concerning the contributions and sacrifices of veterans.

The difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day

Memorial Day honors service members who died in service to their country or as a result of injuries incurred during battle. Deceased veterans are also remembered on Veterans Day but the day is set aside to thank and honor living veterans who served honorably in the military - in wartime or peacetime.

President Eisenhower's letter to Harvey V. Higley, Administrator of Veterans' Affairs, designating him Chairman, Veterans Day National Committee

The White House Office

October 8, 1954

Dear Mr. Higley:

I have today signed a proclamation calling upon all of our citizens to observe Thursday, November 11, 1954 as Veterans Day. It is my earnest hope that all veterans, their organizations, and the entire citizenry will join hands to insure proper and widespread observance of this day. With the thought that it will be most helpful to coordinate the planning, I am suggesting the formation of a Veterans Day National Committee. In view of your great personal interest as well as your official responsibilities, I have designated you to serve as Chairman. You may include in the Committee membership such other persons as you desire to select and I am requesting the heads of all departments and agencies of the Executive branch to assist the Committee in its work in every way possible.

I have every confidence that our Nation will respond wholeheartedly in the appropriate observance of Veterans Day, 1954.

Sincerely,

DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER

The nation's capital has a tremendous World War II memorial, a moving Korean War Memorial and an iconic Vietnam War Memorial. The only World War I memorial in the city is a small stone gazebo, dedicated to those who served from Washington, D.C. A new national World War I memorial is planned near the White House, but it's now more than 100 years since the guns were silenced. It's too late for those troops. They're long gone and mostly faded from our collective memory. But, here's the story of one of them.

Sgt. Charles Kelley, Company C of the 12th Machine Gun Battalion, joined Gen. Pershing's American Expeditionary Forces in France in late summer of 1918. He was 18 years old. During the Meuse-Argonne offensive, which began in September 1918, Kelley, according to Pentagon records, "led his platoon in the attack with great bravery against strongly held enemy trenches. Shortly after reaching his objective he was wounded in the throat. He refused to be evacuated, but continued to actively command his men until the night of Oct. 1, by which time, due to his wound, he had lost the power of speech."
Law
Supreme Court Rules A 40-Foot WWI Memorial Shaped As A Cross Can Stand On Public Land

The Meuse-Argonne offensive was the single bloodiest battle in American history with more than 26,000 Americans killed. For his heroism, Sgt. Kelley was honored with the Distinguished Service Cross, second only to the Medal of Honor. My family has worked to get him upgraded to a posthumous Medal of Honor for his courage and bravery, but the Army says too much time has passed. There are no more eyewitnesses. It's true. We — his family — had never realized his heroism while he was alive. We never realized what the initials DSC meant on his gravestone at Arlington National Cemetery. It was only a few years ago that we looked up his records to see what he'd done to earn this high honor.

But now, we salute our grandfather. We honor him and all those of that generation who courageously took on a fight that cost the lives of so many and ultimately did nothing to end or prevent war.

Today I am wearing a red paper poppy on my lapel in the memory of the tens of thousands of Americans, as well as the millions worldwide killed in a war that ended 101 one years ago, but has all but been forgotten by Americans.

Kathleen Kelley Rushlow is a senior producer of newscasts at NPR.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 12:54:05 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2019, 09:34:02 PM »

Thank you to all the Veterans. You will always have my support.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2019, 05:15:56 AM »

US Army, '92-'00.
96B stationed at Ft. Meade.

Happy Veteran's Day to all of my fellow Veterans, thank you for giving your time, and sometimes your lives, in service of our country.

And thank you to all of the Police, Fire Fighters, Paramedics, and other First Responders, for volunteering to go above and beyond to keep us safe at home.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2019, 12:01:50 AM »

I come from a long line of military men, but was unable to join myself ( I have asthma) so I Salute and thank you all !! You all have my utmost respect.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2019, 12:08:05 AM »

United States infantry 1987-1994

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Jewish Jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

Watches, Maryland Terps FB/BB, sabers!

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2019, 01:36:27 AM »

USAF 1999-2014

Sabers: Chosen One CE (coming soon)

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2019, 10:05:00 PM »

I did 21 years in the Army. Most as a Bradley fighting vehicle mechanic. Its was fun times.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff