Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Calling all Malice and Monarch owners!  (Read 1154 times)
Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« on: June 04, 2019, 05:27:01 AM »

Does anyone out there have either of these 2 sabers? If so, could you please post some pictures or possibly even a review of your saber? I really want them both, and any information would be appreciated. Plus, I'd like to see some pictures or video if you have it.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Darth Vaius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

Dark Side Points Only Please

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 12:18:34 PM »

I had a Malice. It is a BEAST of a saber. It's a Trophy Saber not a duel saber for sure. I've considered getting a Monarch cause I like the Royal look and feel to it.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 12:55:47 PM »

Would you say it's as big as the Scorpion? I want the small claws version.  Could you post a few pictures or might you have a review I could watch?

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 01:12:42 PM »

I have both of these as well.  I would agree with the previous post that the Malice is a beast of a saber and is more or less a trophy pieces.  My Malice has the activation box on it and I wish I had not got the activation box.  This feature, in my opinion, makes it awkward to grip.  Now don't get me wrong, it is a bad ass saber.  Unfortunately, mine just sits in a corner and never gets any action time.  The other saber I have is the Dark Monarch, which I do enjoy and cherish.  Now some do not like this saber since it has a bulbous mid-section, but I kind like this feature since I have large hands.  The Monarch is smaller is size and weight, it can be single or dual hand dueled with.  You can swap out the pommel, but not the emitter.  The Malice you can out the emitter and pommel sections.  I am going to end of selling the Malice because its just sits a lot, not being used.  I am pondering getting a diamond controller put into my Dark Malice at DragonCon.  I had them convert my Bellicose from a stunt set up to Obsidian V-4 a couple of years ago,  costs were the parts and a $50 rewire fee.  The Monarch comes in three flavors: Silver, Nickle, and the Dark Monarch.  I wish they had an LE version, that would be Sith sweet!  Speaking of Bellicose, have you consider this one.  It is a great universal saber and can easily be Sith or Jedi...

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 02:03:54 PM »

Get in touch with bigBear. I know for a fact he has a Malice.

Big or small claws, the Malice is extremely heavy. I'd venture to say that without claws it's about as heavy as the Scorpion.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 02:26:39 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. So are you saying the Malice is definitely a 2 handed saber? I was planning on the red illuminated silver av switch,  no activation box, and small claws. As for the Monarch, I am now going back and forth between the dark and nickel versions. I'd like the nickel, but for the price I could get a loaded dark version. I'll get in touch with bigBear. Thanks.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 04:55:13 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. So are you saying the Malice is definitely a 2 handed saber? I was planning on the red illuminated silver av switch,  no activation box, and small claws. As for the Monarch, I am now going back and forth between the dark and nickel versions. I'd like the nickel, but for the price I could get a loaded dark version. I'll get in touch with bigBear. Thanks.
Nickel. Always nickel....unless it's a Flex or CO.

Well, if you're built like HafÞòr Björnsson, then it's easily a one hander. Grin

My apprentice has a Malice emitter with small claws for this monstrous thing he's constructing. I'd say that emitter weighs close to a pound. Not exaggerating.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 05:03:29 PM »

Get in touch with bigBear. I know for a fact he has a Malice.

Big or small claws, the Malice is extremely heavy. I'd venture to say that without claws it's about as heavy as the Scorpion.

Mine has the small claws.  The larger ones made it look to comical and unwieldy, in my opinion.  I do agree that the Malice is a two hander, for suire.  I have never held a Scorpion so I can't really saw if it is as heavy as one.  Also, if you have your heart set on the Malice then you will want to go with a large blade, I think it was 40 inch they offered.  This is because the blade sits WAY down into the emitter.

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 02:47:10 AM »

So how deep does the blade go? 3-4 inches maybe? I usually use a 32 inch blade. I was thinking 36 would be enough.

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 11:10:26 AM »

I will get some measurements for you including the blade depth. It is a very heavy beast and I could not see being able to use it in a duel. It would be too clumsy almost like a double bearded axe, the follow through would leave you open to a counter. I think it weighs more then my grand master staff but I will check on that.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 08:15:41 PM »

So, the Malice is the size of the Raven, plus the claws. I am okay with that. I am looking forward to getting my hands on the Malice now. I'm saving up and it WILL BE MINE! Thanks for the help everyone. Especially bigBear. That picture is just what I needed to convince me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: