Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Wonder Woman 1984  (Read 1846 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« on: June 06, 2019, 05:37:35 PM »

So excited!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 11:08:50 AM »

I'm excited for the movie but I think this poster is awful. I know the garish colourful 80s look worked for the posters on Thor: Ragnarok, one of the End Game posters and GotG2, but this one just looks bad. Gal Gadot looks beautiful as always, but it's just a fake looking floaty head.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 06:44:31 PM »

I like the poster, really colorful giving me reminiscent of the era (and also the 70s).  I like it, to each his own though  Grin

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 07:05:27 PM »

I don't mind the color scheme itself...just the almost lazy "spike" design.  Plus I wonder what threat shes facing that shes wearing her Eagle Armor

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 12:14:55 PM »

I like the poster, really colorful giving me reminiscent of the era (and also the 70s).  I like it, to each his own though  Grin
reminds me of those baggy trousers some people used to wear in the late 80s/early 90s! lol

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 07:19:35 PM »

reminds me of those baggy trousers some people used to wear in the late 80s/early 90s! lol

I agree, lol. I was one of them! 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 12:29:21 PM »

I agree, lol. I was one of them! 
NOOOOOOO!!!! And here's me thinking you were cool! LOL  Cheesy Cheesy

It's a good thing we grew up in a time before social media and digital photography. So many embarrassing moments confined to actual physical photos that can be easily hidden away.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 12:34:20 PM »

NOOOOOOO!!!! And here's me thinking you were cool! LOL  Cheesy Cheesy

It's a good thing we grew up in a time before social media and digital photography. So many embarrassing moments confined to actual physical photos that can be easily hidden away.

Oh Noo! I still have a pair of the black, white and grey urban camouflage cargo pants - made famous by the group East 17, does this mean I'm not cool either (if I ever was  Cheesy )

p.s. luckily for me I can Photshop myself out of embarrassing images. And the WW poster is definitely...er unique.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »

Oh Noo! I still have a pair of the black, white and grey urban camouflage cargo pants - made famous by the group East 17, does this mean I'm not cool either (if I ever was  Cheesy )

p.s. luckily for me I can Photshop myself out of embarrassing images. And the WW poster is definitely...er unique.
I think the black, white and grey camouflage cargo pants have gone in and out of style about 3 or 4 times since East 17 made them famous. Not sure where they stand now. But they will always be cooler than the multi-coloured baggy trousers.

Is it just me or does her armour look a little Atlantean? Does she pay Arthur Curry a visit during the film?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 12:48:32 PM »

Not sure where they stand now. But they will always be cooler than the multi-coloured baggy trousers.

Is it just me or does her armour look a little Atlantean? Does she pay Arthur Curry a visit during the film?

That'll do for me, I'm cool according to Knox!  Grin

Not sure about the armou,r I think it is the shade of yellow gold that gives the Atlantean vibe. But it does remind me I should work on modelling a new WW themed hilt I guess.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 07:57:06 PM »

That'll do for me, I'm cool according to Knox!  Grin

Not sure about the armou,r I think it is the shade of yellow gold that gives the Atlantean vibe. But it does remind me I should work on modelling a new WW themed hilt I guess.
It' smore the scaly looking parts on the legs and the arms that made me think of Atlantis. Plus Atlantis and Themscyria did have a long standing relationship according to the opening battle scene in Justice League (which i still the best part of that movie).

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 01:07:53 PM »

It' smore the scaly looking parts on the legs and the arms that made me think of Atlantis. Plus Atlantis and Themscyria did have a long standing relationship according to the opening battle scene in Justice League (which i still the best part of that movie).

I see what you mean now I looked closer. Those parts do look more "scaly". Mind you a lot of superhero costumes have this new texturing to them (I'm thinking of Spidey and Superman's that have the hexagonal piping) but yeah her sleeves and leggings have definite scales.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 08:14:19 PM »

I see what you mean now I looked closer. Those parts do look more "scaly". Mind you a lot of superhero costumes have this new texturing to them (I'm thinking of Spidey and Superman's that have the hexagonal piping) but yeah her sleeves and leggings have definite scales.
That being said, I am really looking forward to this movie. I'm especially interested in how Chris Pine's character is to be used. And how they use the villain will be interesting too.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 01:19:06 PM »

That being said, I am really looking forward to this movie. I'm especially interested in how Chris Pine's character is to be used. And how they use the villain will be interesting too.

I am going to have to watch WW before I get to see this film but I will get round to it eventually.

However on a side note, I do have a Chirashi theatre flyer for Wonder Woman and the photography/artwork on that is phenomenal.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2019, 08:38:09 PM »

I don't mind the color scheme itself...just the almost lazy "spike" design.  Plus I wonder what threat shes facing that shes wearing her Eagle Armor
Don't think it is a spike design, it is a WW.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: