Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Perfect Strangers is on Hulu  (Read 5691 times)
Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« on: June 07, 2019, 08:24:00 AM »

I've been letting it play in the background while I work. Takes me back to the Friday nights of my childhood. Who else remembers this show?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 10:42:19 AM »

Oh yeah, I would say childhood because I was 15 when it came out. But definitely remember watching it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 10:57:35 AM »

Perfect Strangers on Hulu...... only one thing to say about that...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8</a>

Oh yeah, I would say childhood because I was 15 when it came out. But definitely remember watching it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I was 3 when It premiered but I remember watching it until it went off the air.  I always liked how by the later seasons Larry had become not only accustomed to Balki's mannerisms but joined in on them.  Fun Fact:  Harriet Winslow, the matriarch from Family Matters, was a character in Perfect Strangers first. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 11:32:46 AM »

Who didn't love this show? Bronson Pinchot as Balkie was amazing.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 02:24:27 PM »

Who didn't love this show? Bronson Pinchot as Balkie was amazing.
It's a shame his career never went far, unless he preferred to stay under the radar. Undecided

Personally I always preferred him as Serge.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BionicDance
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 02:45:56 PM »

Remember it...? Heck, I actually animated "The Dance of Joy" with my own characters once! Smiley

www.youtube.com/watch?v=shYfjZ06fRU

And I absolutely adore the theme song; it's one of the most unabashedly syrupy, feel-good bits of 80s optimism.
I wouldn't trade having been a kid in the 80s for anything.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 03:01:05 PM »

It's a shame his career never went far, unless he preferred to stay under the radar. Undecided

According to his Bio he has mostly been doing Audio Books (voted Audibles 2010 voice of the year) and restoring old houses in Pennsylvania.  Apparently he is the principle in the Netflix Sabrina the Teenage Witch series   

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 03:03:01 PM »

He also had a small role in True Romance. But he was definitely a scene stealer in Beverly Hills Cop. Apparently that scene was supposed to involve both workers at the art gallery. But Bronson was so great they made him more of a focus of the scene. Plus, a lot of what he and Eddie did was ad libbed. And Bronson was so great he kept making Eddie Murphy laugh, ruining many takes.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 04:14:24 PM »

And Bronson was so great he kept making Eddie Murphy laugh, ruining many takes.
That apparently is the gold standard of comedians; making other comedians crack up. One of the best examples is Tim Conway ad libbing on the Carol Burnett Show, and completely making Harvey Korman lose it. But it was all live, so of course Harvey just had to attempt to power through. It rarely worked.

And then there was the lesson learned after the first time Johnny Carson had Robin Williams on the Tonight Show. Robin a) was a nuclear powered rocket propelled steamroller (no stopping him) and b) had the audience (and Johnny) in stitches, so they just let him go for the entire show. After that, they just learned that whenever Robin was on, don't book any other guests because they're not making it on stage.

RIP Robin. Cry

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 06:32:18 PM »

I started to watch it as a kid in 1990 and rewatched it on Amazon Prime. I appreciate it more now that I understand the jokes

The intro is classic in my opinion

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbnLYROCj8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbnLYROCj8</a>

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 07:34:18 PM »

I was afraid this show wouldn't hold up today. When I watched Knight Rider recently, the show didn't seem nearly as awesome to me today as it did when I was a kid in the 80's. But sure enough, Perfect Strangers is just as funny as I remember.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 07:37:57 PM »

I was afraid this show wouldn't hold up today. When I watched Knight Rider recently, the show didn't seem nearly as awesome to me today as it did when I was a kid in the 80's. But sure enough, Perfect Strangers is just as funny as I remember.
There are very few shows from the 80s that will be as awesome when watched now. However, if you approach them like the original series of Star Trek or Batman 66 and embrace the camp and silliness, then fun can be had.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 07:41:49 PM »

The same thing happened to me a few years back when I watched the G1 Transformers series.  Cry

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 08:03:17 PM »

The same thing happened to me a few years back when I watched the G1 Transformers series.  Cry
Happened to me when I rewatched the movie Hawk the Slayer. It put me off rewatching Beast Master and a whole host of other things for that very reason. Preserve the memories.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 07:04:51 AM »

Happened to me when I rewatched the movie Hawk the Slayer. It put me off rewatching Beast Master and a whole host of other things for that very reason. Preserve the memories.
Oh no, Beast Master was always was always awesomely bad.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: