Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Perfect Strangers is on Hulu  (Read 5637 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 03:06:01 PM »

Oh no, Beast Master was always was always awesomely bad.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 08:32:13 AM »

Oh no, Beast Master was always was always awesomely bad.

I liked Beastmaster...until I found out about the Tiger, now I can not watch it.  I did however like the early 2000's Tv Series Beastmaster...very Hercules and Xena.  You know, I still will watch the shows I watch as a kid...I just appreciate them in a different way.  To be honest I really do prefer them to a lot that's out there now.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 03:40:51 PM »

I was afraid this show wouldn't hold up today. When I watched Knight Rider recently, the show didn't seem nearly as awesome to me today as it did when I was a kid in the 80's. But sure enough, Perfect Strangers is just as funny as I remember.

Really? Knight Rider is still one of my favorites today and I still watch the heck out of it.  Knight Rider 2000 was okay and the remake in 2008 was trash

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2019, 05:04:22 PM »

Seriously? Who names a main character Dar?

I liked Beastmaster...until I found out about the Tiger, now I can not watch it.  I did however like the early 2000's Tv Series Beastmaster...very Hercules and Xena.  You know, I still will watch the shows I watch as a kid...I just appreciate them in a different way.  To be honest I really do prefer them to a lot that's out there now.
So do I. When I say something is "awesomely bad" it translates to "It's bad, but I still love it." Also, I have conflicting info: one story say the tiger died from being painted, another says they used 4 tigers for the role. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2019, 05:30:56 PM »

Seriously? Who names a main character Dar?
So do I. When I say something is "awesomely bad" it translates to "It's bad, but I still love it." Also, I have conflicting info: one story say the tiger died from being painted, another says they used 4 tigers for the role. Undecided

Hmm  apparently that may have been an early internet hoax, according to the DVD commentary.  You know, I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Beastmaster...lets kick start the Barbarian resurgence.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 06:59:11 PM »

Krull still holds up as well today as it did when I first watched it on tv. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

I liked Beastmaster...until I found out about the Tiger, now I can not watch it.  I did however like the early 2000's Tv Series Beastmaster...very Hercules and Xena.  You know, I still will watch the shows I watch as a kid...I just appreciate them in a different way.  To be honest I really do prefer them to a lot that's out there now.
I have no idea what you're talking about (and not sure I want to either).

Flash Gordon is the king of "so bad it's good"

Really? Knight Rider is still one of my favorites today and I still watch the heck out of it.  Knight Rider 2000 was okay and the remake in 2008 was trash
WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT KNIGHT RIDER 2000!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2019, 07:02:38 PM »

Krull still holds up as well today as it did when I first watched it on tv. Just thought I'd throw that in there.
Yes indeed.

Flash Gordon is the king of "so bad it's good"
Challenge accepted: Army of Darkness. FTW Cool

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 07:09:38 PM »

Yes indeed.
Challenge accepted: Army of Darkness. FTW Cool
Army of Darkness is awesome. Always has been, always will be. But Flash Gordon is on a whole other level of campness and gloriously enjoyable cheese. From the dialogue to the Queen soundtrack to the legend that is Brian Blessed. Flash Gordon is the benchmark to which all other "so bad it's good" movies and tv shows are measured.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2019, 12:10:13 PM »

I have no idea what you're talking about (and not sure I want to either).

It was an apparent rumor that the Tiger they painted black died of respiratory problems from the paint.  It appears to be false though.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2019, 07:12:43 PM »

It was an apparent rumor that the Tiger they painted black died of respiratory problems from the paint.  It appears to be false though.
Did you not read the part where I said "i'm not sure I want to know either"?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2019, 12:15:44 PM »

Did you not read the part where I said "i'm not sure I want to know either"?

Yep...and you said you weren't sure...not that you absolutely didn't want to know.  Since it was also apparently a rumor and did not happen I went ahead and informed you.  You're welcome.  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2019, 07:48:55 PM »

Army of Darkness is awesome. Always has been, always will be. But Flash Gordon is on a whole other level of campness and gloriously enjoyable cheese. From the dialogue to the Queen soundtrack to the legend that is Brian Blessed. Flash Gordon is the benchmark to which all other "so bad it's good" movies and tv shows are measured.
You forgot about Max....and Tim. But Flash Gordon was supposed to be cheesy, just like the utterly awful sci-fi of the 20s and 30s. Army of Darkness was the end of a legacy.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2019, 07:57:58 PM »

You forgot about Max....and Tim. But Flash Gordon was supposed to be cheesy, just like the utterly awful sci-fi of the 20s and 30s. Army of Darkness was the end of a legacy.
U cannot tell me that Sam Raimi didn't put some cheese into the Evil Dead trilogy. Especially Army of Darkness.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2019, 08:18:51 PM »

U cannot tell me that Sam Raimi didn't put some cheese into the Evil Dead trilogy. Especially Army of Darkness.
If I'm not mistaken, the original Evil Dead was supposed to be a serious, albeit miserably low budget, horror film. But it was so laughably bad that the sequel was half retcon to turn the story into a horror comedy. Army of Darkness followed in what we now wholly associate as the irreverent spirit of the franchise, and forever cemented Bruce Campbell as the greatest B-movie actor of all time.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2019, 02:01:10 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, the original Evil Dead was supposed to be a serious, albeit miserably low budget, horror film. But it was so laughably bad that the sequel was half retcon to turn the story into a horror comedy. Army of Darkness followed in what we now wholly associate as the irreverent spirit of the franchise, and forever cemented Bruce Campbell as the greatest B-movie actor of all time.

You are correct

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: