Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: The Movies of Robert Pattinson: 2004 - 2018  (Read 2328 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: June 07, 2019, 04:07:47 PM »

He's the new Batman, but to many he's the broody sparkly vampire from the Twilight movies. But there is a lot more to him than just that. After the Twilight movies, Pattinson has been busy developing his acting craft and skills in a host of indie and low budget films, many of which mainstream audiences probably haven't heard of or seen.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A87ai5vy1mw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A87ai5vy1mw</a>

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 02:39:46 AM »

Am I the only knew here who remembers him as Cedric Diggory from “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 11:20:17 AM »

Am I the only knew here who remembers him as Cedric Diggory from “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”?
No. I remember him in that movie and laugh everytime he gets killed. Not sure why, I just do.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 01:20:09 PM »

No. I remember him in that movie and laugh everytime he gets killed. Not sure why, I just do.
You do know that’s not quite the reaction the reader/watcher is intended to have, right?  We were supposed to be quite fond of good, kind, noble Cedric, and be shocked and horrified at Voldemort‘s order to “kill the spare.”

Now I’m going to look at that scene in a whole different way.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 03:01:58 PM »

You do know that’s not quite the reaction the reader/watcher is intended to have, right?  We were supposed to be quite fond of good, kind, noble Cedric, and be shocked and horrified at Voldemort‘s order to “kill the spare.”

Now I’m going to look at that scene in a whole different way.

Well, I've never read any of the Potter books (I don't tend to read that much these days, no matter how good a book is). And yes, I know my reaction is not what is intended. But I can't help my reaction. Not saying anyone else should react the same way. Just highlighting what happens to me whenever I watch that scene.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 06:28:39 PM »

I do, I rather remember him as the guy that keeps dying than a sparkly vampire being stalked by a crazy girl

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who laughs when he dies.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 07:23:32 PM »

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who laughs when he dies.
So nice to know I'm not alone

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 10:30:52 PM »

Well, I've never read any of the Potter books (I don't tend to read that much these days, no matter how good a book is)..
Ahh, you’re missing a MUCH better treatment of the material.  The movies are fun, but the books (including the audiobooks) are a huge improvement, especially beyond the first book/movie. Should you ever find the opportunity to read books, or to listen to the audiobooks (which are likely available at your local library), I cant recommend this series highly enough.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 06:47:08 AM »

Ahh, you’re missing a MUCH better treatment of the material.  The movies are fun, but the books (including the audiobooks) are a huge improvement, especially beyond the first book/movie. Should you ever find the opportunity to read books, or to listen to the audiobooks (which are likely available at your local library), I cant recommend this series highly enough.
Thanks, but as I said, I don't read a lot of books anymore. Just not my thing. Much prefer movies. And I haven't enjoyed audiobooks since I was a kid.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 10:38:26 AM »

So nice to know I'm not alone

Me too!

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 11:05:46 AM »

I just noticed him recently when rewatching the movie after several years Wink
And I was baffled to see David Tennant in there, too! (Barty Crouch Jr.)

And I haven't enjoyed audiobooks since I was a kid.

I'd recommend giving the HP audiobooks a shot. Stephen Fry does an amazing job and after a few minutes I usually forget it's just a single guy reading, not a whole cast...

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 07:02:56 PM »

I'd recommend giving the HP audiobooks a shot. Stephen Fry does an amazing job and after a few minutes I usually forget it's just a single guy reading, not a whole cast...
I can't listen to music when I ride my motorbike to work as I need to concentrate on the road. And if I was going to listen to a book at home I would need to make sure I gave it my undivided attention, otherwise I would miss parts of what they're saying.

I appreciate the suggestions, but as I've said, I'm just not a book person.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 05:07:14 AM »

I can't listen to music when I ride my motorbike to work as I need to concentrate on the road. And if I was going to listen to a book at home I would need to make sure I gave it my undivided attention, otherwise I would miss parts of what they're saying.
I get it; I don't listen to audiobooks for similar reasons (although I have listened to these while commuting, because by the time I'd found the audiobooks, I'd read all the books so many times I'd literally lost count, and could manage to pull my head out of the story easily when traffic conditions demanded it {also, I drive a four-wheeled automobile, so have less danger to my person while driving}).

I appreciate the suggestions, but as I've said, I'm just not a book person.
I can't speak for anyone else, but my eagerness to share the books is based on how much I love reading them, and the fact that I know HOW VERY MUCH better they are than the movies.  But if it won't work for you, then it just plain won't work for you, and I'm sorry that you'll miss out on something that I enjoy so much.  Thanks for your patience with my insistence.

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 09:24:25 AM »

What the hell is Twilight? Who the hell is Rob Pattinson? Why is he Batman? What is the the life expectancy of a Jelly fish? Why my foot itch?!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 11:54:11 AM »

What the hell is Twilight?
A Twilight is the very definition of poorly made teen romance movies that simultaneously destroy the vampire mythos.

Who the hell is Rob Pattinson?
He is...actor

Why is he Batman?
Because comic book movies reign supreme at the box office and the character is such a valuable IP that WB/DC decided to reboot and recast

What is the the life expectancy of a Jelly fish?
Approx 22 years, 28 if it maintains a healthy lifestyle

Why my foot itch?!
Spidey sense.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: