Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Trying to find a (Generic) Jedi costume  (Read 29211 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2019, 03:44:11 AM »

Yeah, these Amazon listings you have to be careful with. As a general rule, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is. On another note, the Galaxy’s Edge Jedi tunic tabard obi sets are actually pretty good quality if you can find in your size, and a good bargain (I think $80 for the set). If you happen to be visiting the park in Anaheim or Orlando, it might be worth changing out

iI'll ive you my $80 If you could pick them up for me :-D

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2019, 03:54:48 AM »

iI'll ive you my $80 If you could pick them up for me :-D

Sadly, I'm not going to Orlando any time in the near future (just got barred from a maybe troop in that area in December :/ ), but if I am I'll let you know and you can PM me your size and measurements lol.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2019, 09:03:49 PM »

Purchased from Amazon from the 2nd list, the darker tan with robe. The white looks too.................................new. The black, well, i'm not evil enough to pull it off.

Got my gear. Tossing the pants, just too long and i'm just too fat in the gut. I have some Haggar slacks that will work well, they almost match the color. The robe is also too long, so is the hood, but the sleeves are ok. The rest should be alterable to work.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2019, 01:31:12 AM »

let's see it as is…I'm curious.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2019, 09:28:47 PM »

I personally love my Twin Roses set for my main Jedi costume, really good quality fabrics =] My custom Jedi I use my KhloesCustomClothing set. Thinking about now using one of my main medieval larp tunics for a more custom Jedi, like after all the main movies and such

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2019, 05:32:14 AM »

I personally love my Twin Roses set for my main Jedi costume, really good quality fabrics =] My custom Jedi I use my KhloesCustomClothing set. Thinking about now using one of my main medieval larp tunics for a more custom Jedi, like after all the main movies and such

Had a friend have an extremely bad experience with Twin Roses recently that makes me want to recommend against them when people ask now. I also have a prospective club costume member who chose to go through Twin Roses for their first costume and there's been many an eyeroll I could not help at some of the replies they've received from Twin Roses. Most recent one is claiming that wool has sheen similar to velvet. Not sure what universe they live in where that's the case but... I suggest to be wary of Twin roses. They have some beautiful stuff they've done in the past, but customer service has really gone down lately.

Personally, I've had excellent experience with The Jedi Closet, but they operate on a much smaller scale than some of these other costumers. I ADORE mr robe from her though, and she makes it a point to aim for making things machine washable, which is awesome.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2019, 01:02:39 AM »

I'll have to get me a full set from them sometime. All I have so far is the one dark grey inner tunic for my Sith costume Tongue I should try a way better quality outer tunic from them sometime too. I also really like KhloesCustomClothing too though for the more custom stuff =] My one brown tunic set

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2019, 02:15:32 AM »

…watching this "debate" is giving me ideas about where to look next time!

Expect pictures of my full getup shortly! Halloween approaches and I can't wait to put the full kit on.  Grin Cool

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2019, 09:05:10 PM »

Wish I could get mine done, but it's supposed to rain here for the next couple days and a wet Jedi I am not.
Not even going to be able to bring out my lightsabers because of the bad weather.

Good luck to you mrg149.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2019, 02:08:01 AM »

Wish I could get mine done, but it's supposed to rain here for the next couple days and a wet Jedi I am not.
Not even going to be able to bring out my lightsabers because of the bad weather.

Good luck to you mrg149.

It'll be wet here too. :-( Luckily i will be indoors for the candy-fest

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2019, 09:16:52 PM »

It'll be wet here too. :-( Luckily i will be indoors for the candy-fest

I'm across the bridge and a bit south of your location, so we both know what tomorrow's weather will be like - but i'll be outdoors to give the minions their due - plus mini lightsabers people call................glowsticks.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2019, 02:04:52 AM »

Success! Pics to be uploaded and shared tomorrow! I think I looked pretty sweet…

It felt awesome to put the costume on!

Not 100% sure if it's RL or SG worthy…but a good start

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2019, 12:21:19 PM »

Here's what I've been waiting to show everyone!

They're hard to see, but, here are the pouches that came with the belt.

please comment

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2019, 04:52:46 PM »

Here's what I've been waiting to show everyone!

They're hard to see, but, here are the pouches that came with the belt.

please comment

FAN-

TASTIC!

Not only are your tunics CLEAN with great lines, but also I like the color scheme that you chose!

Those are some awesome belt pouches, mrg.  May I ask where you got them?

Obi-Wan would be proud, sir  Smiley

Point!

P.S. Wonderful day blade  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2019, 05:12:14 PM »

FAN-

TASTIC!

Not only are your tunics CLEAN with great lines, but also I like the color scheme that you chose!

Those are some awesome belt pouches, mrg.  May I ask where you got them?

Obi-Wan would be proud, sir  Smiley

Point!

P.S. Wonderful day blade  Wink

Thanks! The robes are polyester and a bit warm but looked wonderful once I figure it out. I need to pick up the outer robe next to finish it off.

As for the belt and pouches....here is a link to exactly what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Pouches-Capsules-Costume-Accessories/dp/B011KOKU4A

Points back to ya!

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: