Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Trying to find a (Generic) Jedi costume  (Read 28792 times)
Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2019, 11:17:14 PM »

Cool

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2019, 02:43:45 AM »

Looks like page two of this has completely disappeared

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2019, 02:47:21 AM »

Looks like page two of this has completely disappeared

Yeah, I tried to post a pic and seemingly broke it Sad (sorry!). It's still visible on Tapatalk though, strangely enough

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »

Yeah, I tried to post a pic and seemingly broke it Sad (sorry!). It's still visible on Tapatalk though, strangely enough

Revan Broke the Internet  Shocked Wink Roll Eyes

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2019, 11:28:27 AM »

Apparently! Lol

I was going to ask you for a link to the belt. I got the same one for my generic approved but can’t find it now and a friend asked recently. Heads up, you’ll have to sew the edges on the pouches up, but it’s easy to do with no prior experience or skills Smiley all you need is a leather needle (because it’s too thick for a regular needle) and thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2019, 04:56:53 AM »

Apparently! Lol

I was going to ask you for a link to the belt. I got the same one for my generic approved but can’t find it now and a friend asked recently. Heads up, you’ll have to sew the edges on the pouches up, but it’s easy to do with no prior experience or skills Smiley all you need is a leather needle (because it’s too thick for a regular needle) and thread.

ALSO! After discovering just now that Amazon leather needles suck and are completely blunt, I recommend the specialty needles multi-pack you can find at JoAnn's that has a leather needle in it. Ones on Amazon are for if you're pre-punching the leather, which requires additional tools and skills.

jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2019, 06:18:19 PM »

Hi. Just wanted to add my vote for Far Far Away. Their quality is great and the costume overall is really nice. Their tabards are a just a smidge to big if I'm being picky.  I'll also mention Jedi-Robes, as that's where I got my belt. It really pulls the whole thing together.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2019, 06:40:53 PM »

Hi. Just wanted to add my vote for Far Far Away. Their quality is great and the costume overall is really nice. Their tabards are a just a smidge to big if I'm being picky.  I'll also mention Jedi-Robes, as that's where I got my belt. It really pulls the whole thing together.
You’ll probably have to alter the tabards and obi to fit. Tabards aren’t bad, but their Ovid are HUGE!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2019, 02:27:15 AM »

can't post a link to the belt I am getting but its sold on Amazon by costumebase.

I've decided to roll the dice and go with the robes from Kenicky's on Etsy after one of the buyers said he was approved by RL. Hey! for around 80 bucks i'll at least have a nice halloween costume.

More will be revealed…

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2019, 02:28:23 AM »

can't post a link to the belt I am getting but its sold on Amazon by costumebase.

I've decided to roll the dice and go with the robes from Kenicky's on Etsy after one of the buyers said he was approved by RL. Hey! for around 80 bucks i'll at least have a nice halloween costume.

More will be revealed…

Looking forward to seeing the final product! And thanks for the belt info!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2019, 02:01:28 AM »

what is everyone's suggestion on pants for a jedi costume? Chinos? Slacks? Again this is with costume approval in mind.

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2019, 04:09:17 AM »

what is everyone's suggestion on pants for a jedi costume? Chinos? Slacks? Again this is with costume approval in mind.

Whatever it is, if you have pockets, make sure they're not visible. You also want to make sure that you're going to have a full range of motion in them, so they should be loose enough to allow for this, but still fitted for the person (not baggy). For my Jedi I have some drawstring cotton pants and for Revan (under the split skirt) just a pair of cotton pants with elastic waist and ankles (makes them a bit easier to tuck into the boots). Pants aren't typically something I've seen people WIPd for unless there are visible pockets or they're ill-fitted. Try to make sure they're a good fabric (nothing shiny or see-through) with a visible weave (lots of times, cotton is fine as long as it's not super flat looking). The pants are usually mostly covered by the tunic, boots and tabards, so they don't get looked at with quite as much scrutiny as the rest.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2019, 12:28:55 PM »

Cool
you might want to check out page 2. It's all white and not very wordy.

Whatever it is, if you have pockets, make sure they're not visible. You also want to make sure that you're going to have a full range of motion in them, so they should be loose enough to allow for this, but still fitted for the person (not baggy). For my Jedi I have some drawstring cotton pants and for Revan (under the split skirt) just a pair of cotton pants with elastic waist and ankles (makes them a bit easier to tuck into the boots). Pants aren't typically something I've seen people WIPd for unless there are visible pockets or they're ill-fitted. Try to make sure they're a good fabric (nothing shiny or see-through) with a visible weave (lots of times, cotton is fine as long as it's not super flat looking). The pants are usually mostly covered by the tunic, boots and tabards, so they don't get looked at with quite as much scrutiny as the rest.
Then you get to have all kinds of fun equipping a utility belt.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2019, 05:55:03 PM »

you might want to check out page 2. It's all white and not very wordy.
Then you get to have all kinds of fun equipping a utility belt.

Belt goes over the obi

And page 2 is only visible on tap-a-talk. It broke when I tried to post a picture

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2019, 06:36:16 PM »

Belt goes over the obi
Uh....duh?

And page 2 is only visible on tap-a-talk. It broke when I tried to post a picture
Why don't you activate a Mass Shadow Generator in Random Thoughts?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: