Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Trying to find a (Generic) Jedi costume  (Read 28789 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2019, 01:18:29 PM »

My "trousers" and "tunic" are nothing more than a black karate gi. Simple yet effective.

It seems the Sith costumes are more lenient for the most part. Just an observation.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2019, 01:46:21 PM »

It seems the Sith costumes are more lenient for the most part. Just an observation.
That's because few organizations accept original character Sith. They can't handle this much style. Cool

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2019, 02:18:18 AM »

That's because few organizations accept original character Sith. They can't handle this much style. Cool
Point for this one, Logos
And, you're right.
OC Jedi, okay. OC Sith, huh..what?

Least that's been my experience.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2019, 08:35:39 PM »

Both Dark Empire and Saber Guild accept original Sith. It's more in what "original" pieces the organization accepts, particularly if armor is being incorporated. That applies to both sides though (in the case of Saber Guild, since Dark Empire is darkside only).

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2019, 07:53:07 PM »

Thanks for the clarification, Lady R.
My only real experience is with the 501st

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2019, 06:15:02 AM »

Thanks for the clarification, Lady R.
My only real experience is with the 501st

My pleasure! It's the most well known of the big groups, so that's often the case (Rebel Legion [the second largest of the groups] in my area EXCLUSIVELY troops through 501st listings). Dark Empire has the most creative license in terms of the 3 for Sith characters. Saber Guild is probably second, and 501st the most strict. Dark Empire and Saber Guild both use 501st costuming standards for any "face characters" though.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2019, 01:55:14 AM »

Impressive already trying to come up with some eva foam ideas…;-)

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2019, 07:38:47 PM »

EVA foam can definitely be more forgiving than other materials.
And you can buy it in 1/4" or 1/2" as well as using thinner craft foam with it

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2019, 05:00:28 PM »

Both Dark Empire and Saber Guild accept original Sith. It's more in what "original" pieces the organization accepts, particularly if armor is being incorporated. That applies to both sides though (in the case of Saber Guild, since Dark Empire is darkside only).
DE also takes Bounty Hunters. From what our research has gathered, they won't allow certain copywritten items to be used will-nilly. I haven't found out if the story of my armor pieces is acceptable. Something about no Mando armor, but my story is that although they are made from beskar, they are not the traditional armor pieces we typically see Mandos in.

I may have to look into your Guild. But my biggest worry is how strict are they on participation?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2019, 12:17:25 PM »

ORDERED:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/587988984/obi-wan-kenobi-inspired-robe-set-jedi?ref=shop_home_active_19&crt=1

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Darth Jaximus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

New to the Ultrasabers and Saberforum community19.

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2019, 06:14:02 PM »

I had zero experience with sewing and I’ve made the following 4 costumes (robes, tunics, belts, capes) all in the last two weeks. Be patient, watch YouTube videos, and start with cheap “throw away” material to build confidence. After two attempts I was able to make the Jedi Knight costume pictured. Then I moved on to the grey Jedi, Dooku, and Palpatine inspired costumes. It’s amazing what you can do with some motivation and imagination!!

My sabers:
-Dark Apprentice V4 LE x2, Initiate V4 LE, Apprentice V4 LE x2, Dominix V3 LE, Aeon V3 LE, Dark Sentinel V3 LE

Wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3, Bellicose, Archon V2.1 (BVA), Manticore (AB), Consular, Menance CE x2 (BR - Maul staff), Raven, Lost Gray (AS), Fulcrum (AS), Grand Master, Archon V3.1, Dark Mantis (BR), emperors hand (VA)

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2019, 10:11:58 PM »

I had zero experience with sewing and I’ve made the following 4 costumes (robes, tunics, belts, capes) all in the last two weeks. Be patient, watch YouTube videos, and start with cheap “throw away” material to build confidence. After two attempts I was able to make the Jedi Knight costume pictured. Then I moved on to the grey Jedi, Dooku, and Palpatine inspired costumes. It’s amazing what you can do with some motivation and imagination!!

ok…points just out of sheer respect! Great work!

I have considered getting a few cheap set of sheets from wally-world just to use as cannon fodder for sewing adventures…

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Darth Jaximus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

New to the Ultrasabers and Saberforum community19.

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2019, 10:37:11 PM »

I started with clearance curtain panels for my robes. Fabric store are the way to go though. Lots of tans and browns in the clearance sections. You can get entire bolts of fabric for as low as $10-20. The thicker stuff will cost more, but will take a beating and look more authentic. I’ve invested a total of $400 in materials ( robes, tunics, pleather and vynal, accessories like buckles for the belts and clasps for the robes. I ha e 4 complete so far with enough materials to make 2-3 more sith and 3-5 more Jedi costumes. Once you get the hang of the basics it’s pretty easy. Then it’s all about imagination. And in my case, simplicity. Rather than put on a costume in several pieces I try to reduce it by physically attaching things together. The tabards are sewn to the tunic at the back. So they’re always the correct length and never fall off. They’re also sewn where the cross in front of the body. Then the obi and belt are all once piece too, held with velcro/buckles at the back. It’s becoming an addiction and a thankfully have a couple friends who vendor at some events so I may even be able to make a side business out of it some day!

My sabers:
-Dark Apprentice V4 LE x2, Initiate V4 LE, Apprentice V4 LE x2, Dominix V3 LE, Aeon V3 LE, Dark Sentinel V3 LE

Wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3, Bellicose, Archon V2.1 (BVA), Manticore (AB), Consular, Menance CE x2 (BR - Maul staff), Raven, Lost Gray (AS), Fulcrum (AS), Grand Master, Archon V3.1, Dark Mantis (BR), emperors hand (VA)

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2019, 01:45:27 AM »

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS:

GOOD: My boots arrived today!! I picked up the Funtasma Pleaser Captain 100 boots in brown. A decent fit even for this wide-footed Jedi. They'll do nicely. Grin

BAD: My Jedi "soft-parts" are taking the slow boat across the pond. They're waaaay overdue thanks to the bureaucracy of British customs. Enough to make a Jedi fall to the Dark Side! Cry Angry

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2019, 01:51:19 AM »

I started with clearance curtain panels for my robes. Fabric store are the way to go though. Lots of tans and browns in the clearance sections. You can get entire bolts of fabric for as low as $10-20. The thicker stuff will cost more, but will take a beating and look more authentic. I’ve invested a total of $400 in materials ( robes, tunics, pleather and vynal, accessories like buckles for the belts and clasps for the robes. I ha e 4 complete so far with enough materials to make 2-3 more sith and 3-5 more Jedi costumes. Once you get the hang of the basics it’s pretty easy. Then it’s all about imagination. And in my case, simplicity. Rather than put on a costume in several pieces I try to reduce it by physically attaching things together. The tabards are sewn to the tunic at the back. So they’re always the correct length and never fall off. They’re also sewn where the cross in front of the body. Then the obi and belt are all once piece too, held with velcro/buckles at the back. It’s becoming an addiction and a thankfully have a couple friends who vendor at some events so I may even be able to make a side business out of it some day!

Great info…If this order doesn't show up soon , I may beg you ;-) Pic looks great

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: