Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Trying to find a (Generic) Jedi costume  (Read 28790 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2019, 07:15:07 PM »

Oh, indeed, it does!  I thought the last one was perfectly fine, but this one is FINE!!!!

Now I have things settled, it's a matter of just making sure it all looks swell. I'll try and get some decent pictures of the full getup on soon. Plus...It's time to bring out the lightsaber and finish it all off :-)

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2019, 08:24:43 PM »

New undertunic color makes a big difference!

Excellent addition for your tunics!

Now I have things settled, it's a matter of just making sure it all looks swell. I'll try and get some decent pictures of the full getup on soon. Plus...It's time to bring out the lightsaber and finish it all off :-)
I agree: you've GOT to include the lightsaber for completion  Wink

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2019, 08:46:01 PM »

Hi mrg149,

I have been watching this thread for a while as I have been tempted to get a Kenicky's tunic set as I am based in the UK and get free shipping. What put me off up til now was the appearance of the material's quality, some of their tunics looked like they were made of bedding sheets. However yours looks considerably thicker/heavier from your pictures but could I ask you to take a picture of the material close up so I can see how thick it is and the "weave" of it? Many thanks in advance and I look forward to seeing a portrait with a saber!

A point for your efforts.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2019, 02:16:28 AM »

Hi mrg149,

I have been watching this thread for a while as I have been tempted to get a Kenicky's tunic set as I am based in the UK and get free shipping. What put me off up til now was the appearance of the material's quality, some of their tunics looked like they were made of bedding sheets. However yours looks considerably thicker/heavier from your pictures but could I ask you to take a picture of the material close up so I can see how thick it is and the "weave" of it? Many thanks in advance and I look forward to seeing a portrait with a saber!

A point for your efforts.

I can do better than that. I had Ken make my costume in Trevera fabric (easy to look up on Google) You can find sites that show the up close weave of the fabric. This is 100% polyester and is the typical fabric used for suit pants. I can tell you I would not make this choice again and would instead suggest a cotton fabric. Ken is very good about giving customers what they want. Know what you want and start a conversation.
Let me know how you make out.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2019, 04:36:37 AM »

Hi mrg149,

Ok thanks very much! I have had my eye on a few Cotten/Linen blends from a fabric warehouse I found online already so if Ken will accept using those materials it would be sweet. I'll be sure to let you know how I get on. (And so you know I'm aiming for a Qui-Gon Jinn kind of look but not quite as loose and baggy!)

point incoming.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2019, 08:07:56 AM »

Textured cotton fabrics are a good choice. Linens are a personal favorite for me, especially linen hopsack (it's a little heavier and drapes beautifully; that's the main fabric in my Darth Revan [different than the suiting material you see in most, which is a bit flat and while it doesn't wrinkle as easily, the drape also isn't as good])! Muslin and canvas are also solid choices. For robes though (not to be confused with tunics) best fabric choices are going to be heavier things like wool blends.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2019, 07:10:24 PM »

Hi Lady Revan,

Yes thanks for the fabric recommendations. As you know I have been scouring the net for fabrics and prices and I think I have found a good store in the UK. They have a collection of Cotton/Linen blends and pure linen materials in nice earth tones.
As mrg149 suggested I might contact Ken at Kenicky's and get a quote for a tunic set but with the my own supplied fabric. Can't lose anything by asking I guess.

Hope you're well and sorry we haven't spoken much recently but I have been busy doing animations in Blender and it prevents me browsing the net at the same time!

point for the info.

Cern
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2019, 08:28:10 PM »

found these on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0153QNLPQ/?coliid=IGGQZTEMVL16M&colid=28W76WX96LZH0&psc=0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PVM2PQM/?coliid=I2SHYCTAT3ALNV&colid=28W76WX96LZH0&psc=0

"Evil is never the opposite of good, but rather its destroyer."

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2019, 09:07:38 PM »

2Nd link looks better to me, but I would have to do a mix and match since the large for everything except the waist will be overly large, by over a foot for the robe and legs. That's a lot of fabric to take in, lol.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2019, 08:41:35 AM »

2Nd link looks better to me

Hi Cern and chalion,

Thanks Cern for those links, I have seen both while I was searching and like chalion I like the 2nd link better. I was thinking maybe the white and chocolate version. As I say I had seen it before in another store for about Ł60 but again i was concerned the material looked a bit thin in the photos (problem is you can't really trust these pictures as a lot of vendors copy images) I think I will try and get a custom set made with material I source myself.

Thanks and points to both of you.

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2019, 11:55:53 PM »

Point returned.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2019, 01:53:49 AM »

Part of me says I should've went for those 2nd linked robes…Well, there's always Sith robes ;-)

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2019, 07:37:16 PM »

First link appears to be literally just the tunic, and is pretty short (quite possibly too short depending on who is wearing it). I actually have that tunic in black. I would only use it for an undertunic TBH. The fabric is pretty thin

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2019, 08:55:43 PM »

Purchased from Amazon from the 2nd list, the darker tan with robe. The white looks too.................................new. The black, well, i'm not evil enough to pull it off.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2019, 12:33:05 AM »

Yeah, these Amazon listings you have to be careful with. As a general rule, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is. On another note, the Galaxy’s Edge Jedi tunic tabard obi sets are actually pretty good quality if you can find in your size, and a good bargain (I think $80 for the set). If you happen to be visiting the park in Anaheim or Orlando, it might be worth changing out

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: