Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: LOBO TV SERIES?  (Read 5430 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 02:28:41 PM »

Even though I lke the DCEU Aquaman..I still say Momoa should have played Lobo
OH! He'd have nailed it.
Agreed.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 12:20:40 PM »

Did you watch the Superman animated series of read any of the Lobo comics from the 90s?
I can't speak to the animated series as I never watched it (to be honest, I have little interest in watching any of DC's stuff on tv, no matter how good it is)

But....you made an exception for Batman: The animated series...right....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 12:42:31 PM »

All must make that exception. The animated series was pure awesome.

Agreed.
I just had a thought, Mamoa is too pretty to play Lobo.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 01:06:41 PM »

Of course. Batman: The Animated Series was one of the best animated series of all time. And I was the perfect age when it was broadcast. When the other DC animated series came out, I wasn't in a position to watch them (I think it was on Sky and I didn't have access to Sky) and I had begun focussing a lot more on movies rather than cartoons and animated stuff.

I just had a thought, Mamoa is too pretty to play Lobo.
If you ever watched him in Stargate Atlantis you would see the more feral side of him. He pulled some truly ferocious and scary faces when he was pumping himself up for battle. Combine that with the right make-up and I think he would make a really good Lobo.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 01:44:11 PM »

All must make that exception. The animated series was pure awesome.

Not only that but its success prompted Disney to try and compete with it by creating one of the other greatest animated shows of all time..Gargoyles. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 05:21:59 PM »

Not only that but its success prompted Disney to try and compete with it by creating one of the other greatest animated shows of all time..Gargoyles. 
But ultimately failed because they didn't run Gargoyles on a station that almost everyone had access to. I got my Batman fix on Fox in the afternoons. (If memory serves.) Disney channel wasn't available till much later in my life when the show was no longer run.

If you ever watched him in Stargate Atlantis you would see the more feral side of him. He pulled some truly ferocious and scary faces when he was pumping himself up for battle. Combine that with the right make-up and I think he would make a really good Lobo.
Uh no. I first knew him in all his feral glory by his most prominent role to date: Khal Drogo.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 05:32:46 PM »

Uh no. I first knew him in all his feral glory by his most prominent role to date: Khal Drogo.
You missed out. He was one of the better things in Stargate Atlantis. He joined the team in Season 2 and was awesome. I can't speak to Khal Drogo as I've not seen any of GoT.

Here's a little taster of him as Ronan Dex in Stargate Atlantis, back when he still has his dreadlocks
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAGxEu-oFZs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAGxEu-oFZs</a>

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 05:52:09 PM »

You missed out. He was one of the better things in Stargate Atlantis. He joined the team in Season 2 and was awesome. I can't speak to Khal Drogo as I've not seen any of GoT.

Here's a little taster of him as Ronan Dex in Stargate Atlantis, back when he still has his dreadlocks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAGxEu-oFZs#

He definitely accomplishes the trigger happy nature I know of Lobo.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 06:00:18 PM »

Unfortunately, the video didn't include a lot of his hand-to-hand combat, but you get the gist. Plus, he eventually cut the dreads off (they were getting too heavy) and it was made into a wig for him to wear. So if they wanted to go the dreadlock route for Lobo, I'm sure they could go get that wig again. And, he's much bigger (muscle wise) now than he was back then, so would capture the right physicality.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2019, 06:17:20 PM »

Unfortunately, the video didn't include a lot of his hand-to-hand combat, but you get the gist. Plus, he eventually the dreads off (they were getting too heavy) and it was made into a wig for him to wear. So if they wanted to go the dreadlock route for Lobo, I'm sure they could go get that wig again. And, he's much bigger (muscle wise) now than he was back then, so would capture the right physicality.
Tell me about it. I know you haven't seen GoT, but he really doesn't do a lot of fighting. He just has this look about him that says "I will truly and completely F&#$ your $#!% up."

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 11:28:49 AM »

But ultimately failed because they didn't run Gargoyles on a station that almost everyone had access to. I got my Batman fix on Fox in the afternoons. (If memory serves.) Disney channel wasn't available till much later in my life when the show was no longer run.

I need to look into why exactly it was cancelled...but here's the thing.....I never had Fox or the Disney Channel.  I grew up with 3 channels (ABC, NBC and CBS....and CBS never came in clear).  But at that time companies would compile episodes together and release them on VHS.  Its how I was introduced to Gargoyles and Batman: TAS.  FYI  Gargoyles is on YouTube posted by Disney themselves.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 07:04:26 PM »

I need to look into why exactly it was cancelled...but here's the thing.....I never had Fox or the Disney Channel.  I grew up with 3 channels (ABC, NBC and CBS....and CBS never came in clear).  But at that time companies would compile episodes together and release them on VHS.  Its how I was introduced to Gargoyles and Batman: TAS.  FYI  Gargoyles is on YouTube posted by Disney themselves.
Sorry, I meant basic cable. Disney would have done better to have included Gargoyles in the lineup for the Disney Afternoon.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2019, 12:50:50 PM »

Sorry, I meant basic cable. Disney would have done better to have included Gargoyles in the lineup for the Disney Afternoon.

Didn't even have basic cable...had a 20 foot antenna I had to turn to get reception.  One of the small cons about living in the country...but the view makes up for it

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2019, 08:50:57 PM »

If you ever watched him in Stargate Atlantis

I find this interesting. First he was in Stargate Atlantis, now he is King of Atlantis.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2019, 05:37:07 AM »

I find this interesting. First he was in Stargate Atlantis, now he is King of Atlantis.
Coincidence? I think not.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: