Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: DOCTOR SLEEP (Sequel to The Shining) - OFFICIAL TRAILER  (Read 830 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: June 13, 2019, 04:36:03 PM »

The trailer to much await sequel to The Shining, featuring Ewan McGregor as an adult Danny Torrence. Based on the book by Stephen King.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDf_EnIhojk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDf_EnIhojk</a>

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 05:03:52 PM »

Good fine, Knox. I'm a fan of it, and Kenobi himself is in this movie so I'm up for it

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 05:13:26 PM »

This trailer does nothing for me, except let the general movie going audience know that it's a sequel to The Shining. i already this movie was coming, so will b ewaiting for the next trailer to give me some idea of what the story is. But Ewan McGregor is always a win.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 05:20:21 PM »

This trailer does nothing for me, except let the general movie going audience know that it's a sequel to The Shining. i already this movie was coming, so will b ewaiting for the next trailer to give me some idea of what the story is. But Ewan McGregor is always a win.

I read about its sequel back in January myself so I'm excited to see an actual trailer. The teaser isn't supposed to do anything other than letting you know it's coming

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 05:31:03 PM »

Depending on the movie, teasers are usually for the general movie going audience rather than the hardcore cinephiles and big movie fans out there.

I just read that all the shots of the Overlook Hotel are recreations and not taken from the original movie. If they do it half as well as they did in Ready Player One then I think we have nothing to worry about.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 07:55:25 PM »

Well I didn't know it was coming, and the lady in the bathtub scene they included from the shining made me smile. That is the only movie scene ever that effected me as a kid, as far as being scared. I couldn't go use the restroom without pulling back the shower curtain for awhile LOL. The Shining and Exorcist were my favorite horror movies as a child so looking forward to this.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 01:02:47 PM »

Well I didn't know it was coming, and the lady in the bathtub scene they included from the shining made me smile. That is the only movie scene ever that effected me as a kid, as far as being scared. I couldn't go use the restroom without pulling back the shower curtain for awhile LOL. The Shining and Exorcist were my favorite horror movies as a child so looking forward to this.
Did you see Ready Player One? They recreated the Overlook Hotel in it and redid the bathtub scene with extra creep factor. I loved it!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 08:04:26 PM »

Did you see Ready Player One? They recreated the Overlook Hotel in it and redid the bathtub scene with extra creep factor. I loved it!

Yes, it was awesome and still creepy to a certain point

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 01:11:14 PM »

Am I weird in that horror movies have never creeped me out? I saw loads of classics when I was about 12 or 13, and while they were enjoyable, I never got freaked out or scared. I did get freaked out by Michael Jackson's Thriller music video, but I was 6 when that came out. And, An American Werewolf in London stuck with me for a few weeks when I first saw it when i was 11. But other than that horror has never really got to me.

Am I dead inside or just have a serial killer inside waiting to be released?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 08:14:51 PM »

Nothing really creeps me out unless it's little kids that are ghosts or demons. Example are the two little girls in The Shining.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 01:16:35 PM »

Nothing really creeps me out unless it's little kids that are ghosts or demons. Example are the two little girls in The Shining.
You seen Children of the Corn? Or any of the Ring movies?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 08:24:30 PM »

I saw The Shining when it was new and I was 9. And like I said the only movie that had anything that ever creeped me out.

I didn't see Ready Player One. Mostly because I'm not into gaming, so I'm not into movies based on games LOL It did look cool so I'm sure one day I'll see it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 01:34:02 PM »

I didn't see Ready Player One. Mostly because I'm not into gaming, so I'm not into movies based on games LOL It did look cool so I'm sure one day I'll see it.
It's not actually based on gaming, more 70s, 80s and 90s nostalgia. Anything from Back to the Future to the Iron Giant. So many pop culture references you could watch the movie hundreds of times and not catch them all. Yes, there's a gaming element to it, but it's actually a very small part of the movie. I would definitely recommend it if you love 70s, 80s and 90s pop culture and general geekery.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 12:08:04 AM »

You seen Children of the Corn? Or any of the Ring movies?

I've seen all of those, Children of the Corn was really creepy, the Ring was pretty bonkers for its time and it was one of my favorite horror movies for some time.  It's just not creepy like little ghost children

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 07:15:31 PM »

I've seen all of those, Children of the Corn was really creepy, the Ring was pretty bonkers for its time and it was one of my favorite horror movies for some time.  It's just not creepy like little ghost children
Original or remake Ring movie? J-horror does tend to have a lot of creepy kids in their movies. It's a cultural thing with their folklore around ghosts, spirits, demons etc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: