Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dimming Blade Plugs  (Read 768 times)
divineroflight
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 13, 2019, 11:54:58 PM »

So I got my saber in and I'm loving it so far. I opted to get the circular blade plug and its neat and all tho I have noticed it is very bright and almost functions as a fancy flashlight now lol. So I was wondering if anyone had any tips to dim the plug, or would I be better off just making my own custom one?

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:37:50 AM »

You can make one using everyday things

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 04:48:34 AM »

Yeah you might make your own, seems most blade plugs I have seen, even from other places, allow light to come through. Maybe you can use the one you have and just put another end piece on it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 01:42:46 PM »

So I got my saber in and I'm loving it so far. I opted to get the circular blade plug and its neat and all tho I have noticed it is very bright and almost functions as a fancy flashlight now lol. So I was wondering if anyone had any tips to dim the plug, or would I be better off just making my own custom one?

If you just want to block the light but maybe still see the color, try pushing some tissue paper into the plug.   Not wadded up, just pressed in.  It should be translucent enough to let the color leak without really "beaming" the way the plugs do without diffusion.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 01:57:17 PM »

Is it possible to put a circular cutout, cellophane or something, inside to cover the holes, and then shooting in some hot glue (something pliable and translucent) to help block the light?

Outside of that, I gotta say that the original non-fancy plugs did the best job of blocking light.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: