Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Battery life and loose terminals  (Read 953 times)
Cwmtg1990
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 14, 2019, 02:25:28 AM »

My son has a dark apprentice v5 with av switch and obsidian lite sound , no flash on crash and a standard battery setup with 4x AAA batteries. Issue we’re having is either battery life or something in the battery pack like a loose terminal. His saber seems to not last as long as mine does( Dark sentinel v5 LE, illuminated AV switch, and flash on crash with the same standard battery setup.) I would think that since mine has more options going on mine would probably be the one going out first. Also changed batteries at the same time with same kind of batteries and we only use them together so same run times. When I did change the batteries I found that the batteries didn’t want to seat flush on the positive terminals but when I put the new batteries in it seemed to work fine. So all that being said; are there certain batteries I should be using? I’m currently using Energizer Ultimate Lithium’s, since they were “supposed to be” a stronger longer lasting battery. Also what is normal battery life for a saber with the standard battery setup? If anyone could help in any way it waould be much appreciated

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:22:47 PM »

Are your sabers the same colour? Colour is an important aspect if it comes to battery runtime.

As long as the AAAs you're using are all 1.5v, there's no restriction. You can use any type.
If you can, try a different type, though. You never know, maybe it can be aspect as well....

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Cwmtg1990
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 01:01:19 PM »

I didn’t think about color, mine is green and his is the blue violet amethyst. I will try different batteries but I think at this point I’m regretting not getting the li-ion setup

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 02:43:03 PM »

I didn’t think about color, mine is green and his is the blue violet amethyst. I will try different batteries but I think at this point I’m regretting not getting the li-ion setup
IIRC, the blue/violet LEDs do draw more juice than red ones, but it’s been a long time since I bothered to look that up.

I suggest that you get good-quality NiMH rechargeable AAA cells, like Eneloop, and a good charger. My okay-but-not-super-great AAA cells last well over 8 hours of constant-on usage, with a Consular Green blade.

(Yes, I used it overnight as a lantern, and it was pretty neat.  It was noticeably dimmer by morning, but it was still bright enough to be fun.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 06:25:28 PM »

That's it. Mixed colours need more power as they use more than one die. The battery type thing is obsolete then Smiley

Runtime is different as well then, but 8 hours is okay for constant use.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Cwmtg1990
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 02:40:27 AM »

I’ll definitely be getting the rechargeable AAAs then because just buying regular batteries every 3-4 days isn’t ok with my wallet lol thanks everybody for the help and info

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 05:29:35 PM »

I’ll definitely be getting the rechargeable AAAs then because just buying regular batteries every 3-4 days isn’t ok with my wallet lol thanks everybody for the help and info
Don't "cheap out" on the rechargeable batteries, or on the charger.  Just FYI, I've found that Amazon Basics brand is decent, but not top-tier.  I'd hold out for Eneloop on both the batteries and the charger.  If you decide to go with a different charger, I'd recommend getting one with a separate channel for each battery, because your batteries will last longer, because each battery will get charged according to its individual needs, rather than according to the average needs of all charging batteries.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: