Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond controller for idiots  (Read 6708 times)
Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« on: June 14, 2019, 02:39:53 PM »

I've had my Diamond saber for some time and I still don't get it. I've watched the tutorials (multiple times). Still can't program the darned thing. I have to say that I am extremely frustrated by the whole thing and I think I am going to be done with diamond sabers. I'll just stick to quick disconnects. I'd try emerald drivers but I really don't think it'll work, and I don't want to waste the money.  So, does anyone know if they have a diamond controller guide for the technologically  Challenged.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 09:13:50 AM »

Here's a bump.  I don't have a diamond (yet).  I see Bionic Dance just got one and figured out how to adjust the turn on and off pattern to do something fancy.

She may be more technically inclined. Don't be discouraged by that.

What might help before loading up a config tool and moving knobs around, is figuring out what you might want it to do and/or what can it do (like making the power-up sequence flare up).

When you have a goal, it's easier for somebody to explain how to set that up.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 06:35:29 PM »

I'd really like to help, but I don't own a Diamond saber. I did a few dry runs with the Launcher, but it's not the same without the board Undecided

I can help a bit with light effects if you tell me what you want to achieve, but sound and combined sound/light effect packages....nope.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 07:42:10 PM »

I've had my Diamond saber for some time and I still don't get it. I've watched the tutorials (multiple times). Still can't program the darned thing. I have to say that I am extremely frustrated by the whole thing and I think I am going to be done with diamond sabers. I'll just stick to quick disconnects. I'd try emerald drivers but I really don't think it'll work, and I don't want to waste the money.  So, does anyone know if they have a diamond controller guide for the technologically  Challenged.

I could probably help you out! If you send me a P.M. I will help walk you through what ever you are trying to accomplish.  If you are too frustrated to keep trying I understand completely.  If you can give me enough details,  I will build you the font you want!
 You could also just load a couple of the fonts I have already made.
Let me know if you want help. The diamond controller is awesome! Don't give up on it.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 12:59:37 PM »

Don't know about the Diamond, but the Emerald is talky ready to figure out and use because it's mostly just picking colors. And I'm challenged as well.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 05:06:49 AM »

Really,  I'm happy to help!
 I'm an insomniac and super bored. Send me a PM and I will make you a font!

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 05:28:19 AM »

Okay,  so my current setup is: DVA blade, SY FOC, that pulses to PO. That's what it came with. I like it and will keep it. What I'd like to also do  is this: Sith saber mode.  BR blade, with a very fast pulsing Blue Violet Amethyst. FOC. I want the blue to be so dark it's almost looks black. It should almost look like a dark saber when  it clashes or is in lockup mode. I saw it once in a YouTube video. I don't know how to do this, but it would be so awesome. If anyone can make this happen,  that would be appreciated.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 06:51:27 AM »

Ok!

I'm going to come back at you with some questions, but you have given me enough to start. 
  You mentioned colors only!?!  No specific sounds to match the colors?

Dark blue has limits. Meaning darker is less light not darker hue. Do you want the darkest hue of blue, or the darkest blue? The darkest blue only visible in the darkest of rooms, any light over powers it.

Details, that is what I'm into...

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 07:02:48 AM »

There is a video of Darth Malgus with the Duel of the Fates sound track that I like. It's not quite dubstep but it's pretty funky. Ill find it and send you a link. As for the blue, the deepest hue is what I meant. Or silver, but I'd want it to flash super fast so it looks like a defective saber (like kylo ren's only silver). I appreciate you trying to help me with this. I want to get the Malice and do the same thing.  Anyway, thanks again for your help.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 07:07:00 AM »

To clarify,

You have, a dark purple blade that pulses to fire orange, with a darker yellow flash on clash.

You would like, in addition to that, a separate font that is "Sith Mode".
Sith mode is a red blade that quickly "Flickers" a light purple. Flash on clash a dark blue, almost void of light into black?

What sound font to build off of?

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 07:20:03 AM »

The Purple/orange/yellow setup stays. I don't want to change it. 

Sith Mode  is red blade that flickers either purple or silver (which ever one is easier for  you to accomplish) with the darkest blue, almost void of light into black for the FOC. I know I'm asking for a lot, but it's what I envision my Sithside to be carrying.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 07:28:44 AM »

Alright.
You are not an idiot as this post implies. The diamond controller is sometimes frustrating to program.
I can make things easy and in the process things become simple for me.
What do you want. Describe below

Boot...
On...
Off...
Hum/idle...
Swing is usually nothing but sound...FYI
Clash...
Stab...
Spin...
Force...
Lockup...
Gestures...

Each one has its individual color sequence, to match the length of the sound that is played at activation.
Each slot needs a color or colors, and a sound.

Any old sound font off the forums will work or send me a link to the video you had in mind.  Describe what out of the video you want. I can record it, convert it and mix it with the hum sound so transitions are not so noticeable.

Each of the above listed needs you to say the color or colors. Details are needed, welcomed and will improve the results.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 07:43:15 AM »

Going to have to give this some thought. See, this is part of my frustration. I don't know what to do with all these options.  I like the standard sounds. I haven't heard any of the sith fonts. I may need a day  or two. I know I want that sound track in the background  for sure.  Perhaps you might have some ideas or have heard or seen some cool combinations. I haven't even gotten to the gestures yet.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2019, 07:55:47 AM »

I have a Deep Sith diamond save that is very close to what you want. I need to deepen the color of the flicker and make the clash blue instead of whatever it is, but pretty easy for me and gets you something new.
 I understand what you mean by too much.  I got over that quickly and wanted more. We are all different so no worries! This font I'm mentioning has a blaster sound for stab. A blaster deflect for spin. Lock up and force were standard. I don't think I even messed with the gestures on this one. If I did I turned them off.
Deep Sith is a font made by another member a while ago. It is just like the standard Sith font but...deeper and meaner sounding.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 10:49:44 AM »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jn9NZj-ylLNxZ08WlaP1_GVag7v2jO44

This will need fine tuning. I am expecting that, so don't hesitate to ask!
Download the file in the link to your desktop. Open up the ultrasabers program. Plug in and turn on your saber. Pick a slot that is empty and load this file to that slot.  Write to board and then check it out!  Let me know what you would like changed.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: