Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond controller for idiots  (Read 6676 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 05:12:44 PM »

A point (Dark Side, obviously!) to each of you for the great interplay here... I want to thank you both for the continued effort at communication.  This is what makes this community so great.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 11:05:20 PM »

SO...Malik Thanewulf.

I feel I owe you an apology.  At three am the font looked good to me. This afternoon I'm disappointed with myself.  I made some funny mistakes. Starting with the fact that the diamond save I made for you uses the regular Sith font.  Not the Deep Sith font I intended to use. I fixed that and I am now happy with the results!

So you have your own folder now in the link below in my sig bar.  Use the "Groovy DEEP Sith" save.

I used the colors you wanted. I mixed Duel of Fates with the hum sound and that is the lock up. A minute and a half of Duel of Fates!!!
Force move is Lightning. Stab is a blaster. Spin is blaster deflect.  The boot...the boot is Ash from the evil dead saying "GROOVY". Why not?
You said you haven't messed with gestures yet, but I added a Quote to the first gesture. "Always two there are".  Enjoy!

Again PLEASE, do not hesitate to ask for changes.  I'm happy to help out!

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2019, 11:58:59 PM »

Thank you. I really appreciate your time and effort. I'll check it out.  I also found that music I was looking for. It's found on a YouTube video. It's called "  Lightsaber Collection 'Ultrasabers Malice Saber' by a youtuber named Dan Tube. I'd love to have it with maybe some quotes from Darth Malgus. I know everyone loves Vader.  I may get a Chosen One saber one day. But Darth Malgus is my favorite Sith..hands down. Do you think it would be possible to do something with that? Again, thanks much and I will try this out this evening. (Super excited)

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 01:11:50 AM »

I will look up the video and find some quotes for you.

I just did a little revision of the Groovy Font.  I didn't like the way the idle colors were and i didn't like the flash on clash. The save with out MT is the revised/newer one.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 05:26:35 AM »

One Darth Malgus diamond save has been added to the file with your name on it.
It is also in my diamond save file, and the sound files I used are in the Darth Malgus file.
 Happy Father's day.

Please, I spent over 6 hours on this, let me know if you like it! I like it. The idle still kind of bugs me, so I will keep working on that. Everything else though I really like. I hope you do to. If you have any problems loading it or any other issues, let me know. I'll gladly help out.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2019, 01:04:43 AM »

When you get the Darth Malgus save loaded successfully,  let me know what you think about it!
 I am still expecting to do some small changes for you. To get it perfect.
If you have any issues downloading or loading it on to your saber P.M. me. The forum notifications will inform me by email. I check my email more then I do this forum.  I will help you out at any hour.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 07:44:11 PM »

Just wanted to publicly thank KaiserSosay for all his efforts on my behalf. I now have a working knowledge (very weak) of how to load fonts onto my diamond saber. I think I'll continue to try and learn (eventually Master) the diamond controller. Thanks to everyone who wouldn't let me give up. I  told my family, the people on the forum were awesome. They now, all agree with that statement.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 03:10:18 AM »

You are very welcome.
I like the font and will be keeping it on my saber. So thank you for giving me something to do this weekend. My wife and son were out of town, and I was super bored.

Next time though...

Diamond board topics go in the diamond part of the forum. I say that just so I will see it eventually.
Here in questions,  it might have gotten buried  by other posts. I might not have ever seen it in this section.  Just saying,  for in the future!

Also, I posted about gestures. You might want to read that. It is in the diamond section of the forum.
The reason you might want to read that is because of the quotes from the KOTOR Deceived cinematics.
I put them on your font as gestures! Gestures 1,2 and 3 have the corresponding sound files!
Program your own easily preformed gesture. It is not hard to do. Don't get discouraged!
 You will love your diamond saber even more.

Henwy
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 01:27:09 AM »

I just got my diamond saber and I'm tickled pink by it. I just took a look around inside the application and there are an amazing number of options. Honestly, it's pretty overwhelming.  Have people put together some pre-set setups that they feel look and sound pretty spiffy online anywhere? This feels like the kinda of thing that it's probably better to just crib someone else's setup and slowly make changes to find something that's more personalized. As it is, there are literally millions of different options and it seems like it'd be incredibly easy to get lost in it. Normally, I'd spend the next few days playing with everything trying to figure it all out, but I'm leaving town for Orlando tomorrow afternoon and I'm not sure I'll have access to a PC regularly. I'm going to bring the saber with me though and see if my friends (who also bought them but haven't played around with the diamond controller options at all) want to try dueling.

So what have you found the be good combinations as far as color schemes or sound schemes or anything that might be neat to try to setup and mimic tonight before I have to leave town? I got the Crimson Scorpion so I think a Sith color-scheme would end up working best for the main blade color.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 02:08:13 AM »

The link in my signature bar!
 The Emperor, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Darth Malgus and Starkiller.
Also some Jedi...

Click on the link. Go to 00=Diamond Font Saves.  Take a look.  The files with ".pfnt" at the end are full color and sound saves for the diamond controller.  Pick the one you are interested in. Download it to your desk top. Use the Ultrasabers launcher to load it to your saber.

Then, have a good time in Orlando!

Also, you will want to turn down the sensitivity of spin and stab. The lower the number the lower the sensitivity.

Henwy
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 01:33:01 PM »

I spent a couple hours last night trying to create pulses but I realized that I clearly don't have an artist's eye for knowing my basic color mixtures and what matches well. And thanks, Kaiser, I did look through your files and it was great to see how it's supposed to be done. I get the impression I could spend months playing with this until i actually find something I want to stick with.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 07:34:23 PM »

Yes, you could definitely spend months tinkering with the colors.  It was 6 months before I started making my own fonts. It was a year before I felt they were good enough to share with anyone.  I am totally still learning too. I am very far away from being an expert. 

I feel like a self promoting jerk. I really should have directed you to some of the other great diamond fonts made by forum members.

"BatMike90". He made some batman fonts. A star trek font. A Halloween font that will forever live on my sabers and a couple others. You should look those up!

"Jacelancing".  He made a Mario, Venom, waddles the pig and a Game Of Thrones font. Definitely worth your time to look those up!

"EvilOtto".  He made a Darth vader font that is very different then mine. He also made a Kylo Ren font that is really good.

"Dark Path Media".  His fonts should have been the fonts I directed you to first. Before my own even! If you really want to see some of the crazy things you can do with a diamond saber...you need to look at his fonts!  He made a Kylo Ren font, and two Metallica themed fonts. All of them are amazing.   Just looking at how he does his color mixing taught me so much.

All of those forum members have kindly shared their fonts and you should look them up. Looking at how other people achieved effects is probably the best way to learn.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: