Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Problems with gestures???  (Read 1548 times)
KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« on: June 17, 2019, 09:06:23 PM »

So I see a lot of people having problems with gestures.  I thought someone might benefit from what I've learned.

First off,  the switch position is important.  When you record a gesture, you start by pressing the switch and end the recording by pressing the switch.
An example,  my switch is pointed up towards the sky. I use my thumb to press the switch and execute the gesture.  I then press the switch again with my thumb to end the recording.  The position of the switch is the same at the beginning and end of the gesture. If I keep the switch pointed up the gesture works no problem. If the switch is pointed down at the ground and I do the gesture it will not activate.
 So keep that in mind while doing the gestures.
Switch position is more important then you might think!

My session keeps timing out while I type so I am going to split this up. Typed it twice already!

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 09:23:51 PM »

Second  thing I have noticed is how sensitive the diamond controller is.
  I make a font with gestures and load it on my war glaive. I then programmed the gestures and saved everything to my computer.  Everything on the war glaive works perfectly including the gestures.
I then load that very same save to my guardian and none of the gestures activated.  Why?
I reprogram the gestures on my guardian and everything works perfectly. So I save the file and loaded it on my war glaive again. None of the gestures work on my glaive now?    Why?

Because the weigh of the sabers are different and I spin them differently, even though I don't intend to.
The diamond board is that sensitive as far as I can tell.
So the same preprogrammed gestures will act differently on different sabers even though the same person recorded and performed the gestures.

I have never been able to get the default gestures to work for me. This is "WHY" that is. The diamond board's sensitivity is for real. I didn't record the default gestures myself and they were not recorded on my specific saber. That is why they don't work for me.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 09:34:07 PM »

So long story short.
 Pay attention to the position of your switch while preforming the gestures!
Record your own gestures if you want them to activate consistently!

Most important of all, don't give yourself a hard time when the default gestures will not activate for you!
They were not recorded on "your saber". Nor were they recorded by you!

The diamond board is sensitive and it is awesome. I hope this post made some sense, and helps out some one.

Again sorry for splitting it up. My session kept timing out and this is the third time I had to type this.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 06:01:21 PM »

To address the second issue (sensitivity), could you adjust the sensitivity of the board to make it more forgiving of the differences in the recorded gestures as compared to the recorded ones?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 06:52:14 PM »

To address the second issue (sensitivity), could you adjust the sensitivity of the board to make it more forgiving of the differences in the recorded gestures as compared to the recorded ones?

To address your session timing out.............type it all into a txt file, then copy and paste into the post. That way you can type your information in and have it ready before opening your forum session.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: