Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: "Anonymous"  (Read 12088 times)
Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 05:47:47 AM »

Anonymous is very diverse. There are the ones who consider themselves political activists, and there are the ones who just know how to hack and don't give a gungan about the politics. And there are the wannabes, but they aren't really Anonymous, now are they? In response to Lady Stingere's remarks about their helplessness outside of virtual reality - generalizing in the utmost. Just because I have some computer skills doesn't make me weak. Say there's someone who is really good at fighting. Does that make them inept with computers?

There is already panic about them, and people are trying to go off 'the grid' to prevent themselves from becoming victims. This raises a question -

If they are terrorists, doesn't this mean they've already won?

I hope I was clear and unpolitical with this, my first post, and I hope for some friendly debate.

no

BlessedWrath
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

Whipmaker, maillesmith, writer, gamer.

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 06:22:35 AM »

The problem with the "winning" vs. "not winning" view point is that there is literally no way to win against a terrorist. If you do nothing to prevent their damage, clearly they have achieved their goal. You are diminished, as well as shown that they have the power to do whatever they please. If you do move to block their damage, they prove that they are enough of a threat to cause you worry and fear. Either way they get their way. That is what makes them so difficult to deal with.

It's kind of like micromanagers. Micromanagers love to be into every detail of what you do, how, why, when and where. If you succeed in your task, the micromanager will convince himself that it's because of his meddling. If you fail, he'll decide it's because he didn't meddle enough. You can't reason with them.

It is said that energy itself is derived from the interactions between positively and negatively charged particles. The Force, composed of energy and governed by it, is no different. Light or Dark, deny either side and argue against the nature of the whole. Your words cannot split the Universe.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2011, 09:41:01 AM »

My question (and it's really more of an observation) is this: If the group is out for the little guy, why use the very same tactics (Mystery, evasion, fear, hacking, etc, etc) as "the enemy"? Because...you know... that's the sort of hero I want in my corner: Somebody who will fit fully half the dictionary definitions of the word "Terrorist".

Breaking the law to uphold the law is the sort of paradoxical logic one can only expect from Hollywood. I know the cops do it every day, but they're cops. We've come to expect that sort of thing.

Eh...the whole deal just makes me worry a little more about who's coming to take away my progress. If that was their goal, then I guess they won. Trouble is, when logical people worry, they prepare. They plan, they build, they stock, and they strategize. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if their "freedom fighting" doesn't spark off its own set of problems.

I believe they use these tactics to preserve their anonymity, personal safety, and the continued freedom to continue on fighting for their cause...  (You or I Would Do The Same, If We Were Doing What They Do, and We Were Smart Enough To Avoid The Prying Eye of "Big Brother"...)

(make no mistake... if the Federal Government believes you to be a terrorist... under the patriot act, and the homeland security council, don't count on being here amongst the "Free" to much longer...)

(However Remember Always: (To Quote A Wise Saying) "One Man's Terrorist, Is Another Man's Freedom Fighter...")

Your Comments About Cop's Abusing Our Freedom and Constitutionally Guaranteed Rights Are Very True... Very Sad But True... and It Makes Me Sick... It Is Truly One of The Things I Truly Hate About This Country...

and In Regards To The Wise "Preparing"...  Whether The Information On This Video Is Accurate or Not... I Think We Would All Be Wise To Prepare For What Is To Come In Our Near Future... Considering We Are Teetering On A Depression To Match The Great Stock Market Crash of 1929...

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

SOTJ
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

Serenity, the way of the Jedi is serenity.

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2011, 01:38:54 PM »

I agree with my young apprentice User Name Wink on this one from a very literal standpoint. The goal of a true terrorist is terror. There is a way to win against terrorists like Anonymous (be they terrorists):
DON'T GET SCARED!!!!

I think what Stingie was trying to do more than promote her opinion was to spread confidence in the governments' abilities to handle a group like Anonymous. I'm not sure what could be more annoying to a terrorist than women scoffing at them. Note that there is a different way to handle armed terrorists, but I'll leave any thoughts on that to Stingie.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 04:44:08 AM »

I agree with my young apprentice User Name Wink on this one from a very literal standpoint. The goal of a true terrorist is terror. There is a way to win against terrorists like Anonymous (be they terrorists):
DON'T GET SCARED!!!!

I think what Stingie was trying to do more than promote her opinion was to spread confidence in the governments' abilities to handle a group like Anonymous. I'm not sure what could be more annoying to a terrorist than women scoffing at them. Note that there is a different way to handle armed terrorists, but I'll leave any thoughts on that to Stingie.

I Promise You That I Am Not Attempting To Be Rude or Inflammatory In Any Way By The Following Comments...

(and God Knows I Don't Want The Terrorists To Win...)

But I Don't Have One Single Iota of Confidence In "Our Government" To Handle A Coffee Stain On President Obama's Shirt... Let Alone That They'll Be Able To Handle Any Terrorists...

(My Opinion: We Have The Biggest Bunch of Corrupt... Sniveling... Completely Inept... Bureaucrats... Running Our "Government"... But That's Just My View Wink...)

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Darth Stingere
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 05:01:09 AM »

I Promise You That I Am Not Attempting To Be Rude or Inflammatory In Any Way By The Following Comments...

(and God Knows I Don't Want The Terrorists To Win...)

But I Don't Have One Single Iota of Confidence In "Our Government" To Handle A Coffee Stain On President Obama's Shirt... Let Alone That They'll Be Able To Handle Any Terrorists...

(My Opinion: We Have The Biggest Bunch of Corrupt... Sniveling... Completely Inept... Bureaucrats... Running Our "Government"... But That's Just My View Wink...)

I have always been under the impression that your CIA is efficient, but I do not know how autonomously your counterintelligence agencies are allowed to operate from your government.

Without darkness, there is no light. Everything is based on comparison.

Dark Side points appreciated.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »

I have always been under the impression that your CIA is efficient, but I do not know how autonomously your counterintelligence agencies are allowed to operate from your government.

I don't think they're all that autonomous. They've got the training, but my guess is that getting permission to use their skills would take a while.

no

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: