Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Guarded Switch question  (Read 1341 times)
darthdoman
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 20, 2019, 11:29:49 AM »

What specification guarded switch has? I would like to change it to av switch

qwerty

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 01:51:56 PM »

AV Switches are larger you'll need to make the hole wider.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

darthdoman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 10:26:13 AM »

Ah ok. Well are there any similar switches which can be used as replacement for guarded?

qwerty

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 07:01:15 PM »

You can get a 12mm AV switch which fits the original guarded switch hole. They aren't available at Ultrasabers, but TCSS should have them.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 12:19:03 AM »

Similar switches will usually work. It really depends on the type of lightsaber you have. Is it a stunt saber that uses a latching guarded switch? Or is it a sound or emerald lightsaber, which uses a momentary guarded switch? You can easily tell by using the switch. IF you hear/feel a click and the button is slightly recessed in the switch, its' a latching switch. If you have to hold the switch down for the lightsaber to light, or it has a sound card/ emerald driver card, or the button when activated is at the same position when off or on, it's probably a momentary switch.

I have several guarded and anti vandal switches that are both momentary and latching switches.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 08:53:39 PM »

You can get a 12mm AV switch which fits the original guarded switch hole. They aren't available at Ultrasabers, but TCSS should have them.

Even the 12mm AV switches are slightly larger than the hole for a guarded switch. This is why i order guarded switches when i order, so that i can tap out the hole to the wider threaded size and screw in the AV switch. It takes much patience but looks cool.  Also the 12mm AV switches at TCSS only come in momentary so they need to be used with sound cards or a momentary to latching converter.

The one in the photos is a TCSS 12mm momentary switch threaded into a tapped out guarded switch hole in a Minarch CE stunt attached to a momentary to latching converter.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

darthdoman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 10:58:17 AM »

I actually ordered guarded-like switch, when everything will be done I will show my saber in Customization section.

qwerty

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: