Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Celebration 2020  (Read 7476 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 02:57:27 PM »

That'll cause a mountain of other issues as well. I've been through an age verification process like that, it's not fun. They can technically reject you for any reason, I had to do mine about 7 times and it took hours just so I could order some vape juice for a friend's birthday. XD
ID not age verification.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 03:02:21 PM »

ID not age verification.

They're actually the same exact process.... you need pictures of ID's and people holding them so they can prove that that person actually physically exists and it's not a mock up fake. The info they need is different but the process for submission is one and the same.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 08:22:53 AM »

They're actually the same exact process.... you need pictures of ID's and people holding them so they can prove that that person actually physically exists and it's not a mock up fake. The info they need is different but the process for submission is one and the same.

I think what Logos is saying is ID's are shown at the door.   You order 5 tickets...with names listed (kind of like a reservation)  and at the door someone is checking the names on the tickets against the ID's.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 03:26:36 PM »

I think what Logos is saying is ID's are shown at the door.   You order 5 tickets...with names listed (kind of like a reservation)  and at the door someone is checking the names on the tickets against the ID's.

Yes... imagine getting up there and having to wait for them to pull it up on an ipad and then reject you because the pictures they approved have a bit too much glare and it wasn't ever brought up until now?

(Sig by me!)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 08:43:49 AM »

Yes... imagine getting up there and having to wait for them to pull it up on an ipad and then reject you because the pictures they approved have a bit too much glare and it wasn't ever brought up until now?

Why would they need advanced pictures of the ID?  Just names on a list checked against a presented ID should be sufficient.  Unless Celebration is a whole new level of Extra that I have never heard of when it comes to getting into a place.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 04:12:20 PM »

Why would they need advanced pictures of the ID?  Just names on a list checked against a presented ID should be sufficient.  Unless Celebration is a whole new level of Extra that I have never heard of when it comes to getting into a place.

From what I understand, it is. Most cons are.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 04:14:35 PM »

I think what Logos is saying is ID's are shown at the door.   You order 5 tickets...with names listed (kind of like a reservation)  and at the door someone is checking the names on the tickets against the ID's.
Exactly

You're overthinking it. We all thought security would be a bear in Chicago, but they had us pass sabers through the metal detector, then we stepped through. Quick pass with wands, to make sure all metal sources were visible (armor). And they have people hollering to have tix and IDs ready before you get to security. If done properly it takes all of 10s per person. (20 at most)

From what I understand, it is. Most cons are.
Not most that I've been too. Slow security causes riots. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2019, 11:20:59 PM »

if Logos can pass thru security with his armor....I don't see anyone having an issue.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2019, 01:13:21 PM »

if Logos can pass thru security with his armor....I don't see anyone having an issue.
Exactly. I don't need a metal saber to muss someone up. My bracers will do a perfectly fine job of it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 06:57:47 PM »

They're supposedly cracking down on scalpers this time. There's an official resale location for people who bought tickets and end up unable to go. I'm 78th in line for a 4 day, so pretty sure I'll get it at the regular price.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 02:08:05 PM »

Exactly. I don't need a metal saber to muss someone up. My bracers will do a perfectly fine job of it.

why do I get this mental image of you taking off and smacking someone in the face saying "I challenge you to a duel!" like a bugs bunny cartoon

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2019, 07:40:43 PM »

They're supposedly cracking down on scalpers this time. There's an official resale location for people who bought tickets and end up unable to go. I'm 78th in line for a 4 day, so pretty sure I'll get it at the regular price.
Can you PM me a link to the resale site, Lady R?
I still need to get a hold of a couple for Saturday. Have them for Friday and Sunday already

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2019, 02:01:29 PM »

Won't be going myself, can't afford it(just like everything else I want), but it sounds really fun.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2019, 04:31:56 PM »

why do I get this mental image of you taking off and smacking someone in the face saying "I challenge you to a duel!" like a bugs bunny cartoon
I'm more inclined to accept. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2019, 06:27:06 AM »

Can you PM me a link to the resale site, Lady R?
I still need to get a hold of a couple for Saturday. Have them for Friday and Sunday already

Sure thing! Sorry about the delay. Just saw this now. Was out of town

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: