Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond controller Color cycling through @16 distinct colors?  (Read 1727 times)
Darth Gargamel
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« on: June 21, 2019, 06:50:13 PM »

I was randomly swinging my lightsaber and whacking things lightly, (as you do), when my lightsaber started tocycle through colors. It wasn’t a gesture, because i know what those do, and it wouldn’t stop until I shut it all the way off. I had just reset it to factory default, so it wasn’t a glitch caused by a custom font (why I had to reset it). They were also clearly presets of some kind, because it kept switching between them in a set order (no blending from one to the other, just one to the next. I took video but not sure where to post it.

What I’m hoping is that this is actually a possible feature - like a method to quickly change just the color of whatever sound font you happen to be using (or at least one of them). It would have to automatically change flash on clash/effect colors too, or just use white, perhaps...?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 07:06:44 PM »

Upload your video on YouTube and paste the link here (with "http" instead of "https") to embed it. Sounds quite weird, but at first glance I think you accidentally entered the font switching mode and cycled through it just by swinging...more specific troubleshooting possible after we saw your vid Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Gargamel
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 08:05:58 PM »

These aren’t the colors I have on my saber - I only had the basic preloaded ones on the saber at this point. As far as I can tell, they are the preset colors from the launcher color picker...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bpMRP4SH7c" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bpMRP4SH7c</a>
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:54:23 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 11:43:43 PM »

Is this the same diamond lightsaber you had the battery problem with and they sent you new batteries for?

Looking at your video, unless you set some kind of gesture to do that cycling, that is not a normal diamond lightsaber function. THe only suggestion I have is to take the batteries out then put them back in. Sometimes that will "reset" the saber. I have that problem sometimes with my lightsabers with recharge ports. If the bottom of the port shorts, the saber won't turn on until I remove the batteries and put them back in.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to contact customer support for help.

Sorry for all the problems you seem to be having.

What I find odd about your video, is that on your lightsaber, the recharge port and the AV switch are on the same side with the recharge port above the switch. My recharge ports are either on the reverse side of the saber, or 90 degrees off from the switch. I'm wondering if there's a wire short between the 2? No way to tell for sure unless you have an endoscope camera to look.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Gargamel
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 03:07:59 AM »

Not really a problem. Hasn't happened again. My blade works perfectly now - I spent all day today building a set of 16 separate sound fonts, (including fixes to the built-in fonts), one for each of the preset colors in the express picker. I had to use Dark Violet Amethyst for the Obsidian slot because its the only one available as a linked download that isn't already built-in. (The links don't work for most of the other preset colors). I can now spend my day cycling through colors/sounds, randomly stabbing and slicing the air, and whacking anything that comes in reach both accidentally and on purpose. um... I mean sparring and practicing my forms...  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: