Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Sabers (Any Helpful Feeedback Welcome)  (Read 1709 times)
GreyTemplar+
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 26, 2019, 04:20:11 PM »

I've been thinking on the design of my personal lightsaber for a long while. At this point, I think I've got it down to a science. Below will be the specs and the proposed hilt design. Any constructive feedback or advice would be fantastic!

Hilt 1: Dark Apprentice v5 (with Dark Menace emitter swapped for the original), blue violet amethyst LED (26" & 32" blades for dual phase simulation
Hilt 2: Bellicose, same LED and blade lengths
Both pommels replaced by the quick release coupler for an edge in sparring, and allowing to switch between the sword forms I'm familiar with (Hilt 1: scimitar, cutlass/saber & smallsword; Hilt 2: ko-katana & bastard sword; Joined: Temple Guard Saberstaff, influenced by longsword & katana)

There is no darkness without light
Nor love without passion.
Ignorance yields to knowledge,
And knowledge to wisdom.
I choose my destiny,
But always heed the Force.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 09:37:25 AM »

The dark apprentice does not have a removable emitter, so if you are trying to swap it, you're getting yourself in for machining work.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

GreyTemplar+
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 10:32:02 AM »

The dark apprentice does not have a removable emitter, so if you are trying to swap it, you're getting yourself in for machining work.

Not as big a fan of the three knobs on the Dark Menace, so that's why I didn't just consider buying the black finished Dark Menace. I'm looking for a hilt about 10"-10.5" as the 1st hilt. Is there one about that size that allows for emitter swapping? Or can a custom order be arranged?

And knowledge to wisdom.
I choose my destiny,

GreyTemplar+
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 07:23:50 PM »

Given the Dark Catalyst is MHS compatible, how easy would it be to change out the emitter? It looks perfect for Makashi-based combat!

And knowledge to wisdom.
I choose my destiny,

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 01:15:00 PM »

US does not do custom work. The Catalyst is very nice and does have an MHS emitter. But it is also the only US emitter that has the LED lense attached to the emitter then the LED module. So it is not as easy to change.

There is a thread about changing the Catalyst emitter that isn't that old. You should do a search for it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 07:45:15 PM »

Catalyst is good for custom work, as has been mentioned
The Consular is also an excellent hilt for customizing

GreyTemplar+
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »

Catalyst is good for custom work, as has been mentioned
The Consular is also an excellent hilt for customizing

As it stands, I'm going with the manticore, swapping the emitter, and installing the quick release coupler.

And knowledge to wisdom.
I choose my destiny,

Darth Jaximus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

New to the Ultrasabers and Saberforum community19.

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 12:32:21 AM »

The following are the 3 custom hilts I did today. The pics don’t do them justice, then green especially. It looks awesome in person with the metallic green and bronze combo.

Big shoutout to Darth Rifton and Bulvoy for their tutorial threads. Found below.

Bulvoy’s leather wrap tutorial:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=30775.0

Darth Rifton’s Dry brush weathering tutorial:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7716.0

Here you will fine my Dark Apprentice LE V4 (BR), Initiate LE V4 (CG), Dominix LE V3 (SD) before and after shots

My sabers:
-Dark Apprentice V4 LE x2, Initiate V4 LE, Apprentice V4 LE x2, Dominix V3 LE, Aeon V3 LE, Dark Sentinel V3 LE

Wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3, Bellicose, Archon V2.1 (BVA), Manticore (AB), Consular, Menance CE x2 (BR - Maul staff), Raven, Lost Gray (AS), Fulcrum (AS), Grand Master, Archon V3.1, Dark Mantis (BR), emperors hand (VA)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 09:39:23 PM »

Daaaaaaaaaaaang...

These look NICE!

Point incoming! 

EDIT:  Your username begins with "Darth," so I was expecting to give you a Dark Side point, but you have a positive balance, so I am confused.  Which kind of points would you prefer?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Jaximus
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 10:48:27 PM »

Dealers choice.

I went by Darth on here, but I also go by Jedi Jax. Just depends which way the scale is tipping in a given day hahaha

My sabers:
-Dark Apprentice V4 LE x2, Initiate V4 LE, Apprentice V4 LE x2, Dominix V3 LE, Aeon V3 LE, Dark Sentinel V3 LE

Wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3, Bellicose, Archon V2.1 (BVA), Manticore (AB), Consular, Menance CE x2 (BR - Maul staff), Raven, Lost Gray (AS), Fulcrum (AS), Grand Master, Archon V3.1, Dark Mantis (BR), emperors hand (VA)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 11:49:37 PM »

Dealers choice.

I went by Darth on here, but I also go by Jedi Jax. Just depends which way the scale is tipping in a given day hahaha
Well, then, today you got a Light Side point.  Cheesy

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Jaximus
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 12:49:50 AM »

My customized sabers from this month

My sabers:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: