Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: O-Ring between Hilt and Emitter  (Read 816 times)
Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« on: June 27, 2019, 08:50:12 PM »

I've used an O-Ring between the hilt and pommel and it seems to work fine.  I'm thinking of putting one between an emitter and hilt but I'm a little concerned.

If I do, then the thread won't be quite as tight.  Could that cause damage to the saber when dueling? I don't want to do that.  Of course the other possibility is clock rings or extensions.

What do you think?

Always try to do what is right.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 10:26:48 PM »

I can't picture an O-ring being responsible for damage (a rubber buffer would adsorb more impact - as long as it was nice and tight), but yeah - the alignment would be off. 

If it already is, then clocking washers are exactly it.

Do you duel hard?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 02:49:21 AM »

I can't picture an O-ring being responsible for damage (a rubber buffer would adsorb more impact - as long as it was nice and tight), but yeah - the alignment would be off. 

If it already is, then clocking washers are exactly it.

Do you duel hard?

A friend and I tend are trying to choreograph a duel. So the strikes are fairly hard.

Always try to do what is right.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 07:59:38 AM »

You want to do this just for looks? I don't see it really causing any problems. I would think it would work like a washer and keep the emitter from coming loose. Just keep an eye on it the first time you duel with it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: