Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Basic questions  (Read 2740 times)
Henwy
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 01, 2019, 01:30:31 PM »

Sorry for asking what are probably really stupid questions but I've tried working it out for myself and I just can't figure out the effects editor. All I wanted to do was create a simple color shift so the blade would go red, white and then blue for the 4th.i created the effect, the test worked fine, but when I load it into the blade the blue doesn't show up at all. Instead it goes red, white pink and then no color. I what am I doing wrong? The hum sound determines how at what point I should set colors out to, right? It looks like 5.3 seconds and yet when I save it to a font it says the sound is 4.2 seconds long. I can't for the life of me figure out where the pink is coming from. Should I be using the accent channels for anything or just the power led one leaving the others alone?

Any help would be appreciated.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 02:27:23 PM »

It is a little hard to see what is going on in your picture.  That glare does not help.
 What I can see is the lines that represent different colors are over lapping.  If the lines over lap, then the colors will over lap and blend together.

A while ago I was trying to simulate police lights. Red light, then off. White light, then off. Blue light, then off. White then off and back to red. It took forever to get right. Don't get discouraged!

I'm going to fire up my computer and take a picture of what I did. I'll be back in a minute to post the pic.
Hopefully seeing my photo will help some!

It would take paragraphs of writing to explain.  I hate typing.  So worst case scenario I'll make they affect for you. I think we would both prefer that you learned how to do it yourself. So let's start there!
 I'll post that photo...

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 02:44:37 PM »

Please take notice of the arrow shaped cursor in pictures 1 and 2. It is on the zoom in icon.  Click that magnifying glass icon to open/expand your work area. Picture 1 show a 10second area. Picture 2 shows a 2.5second area. Way more room to work with is a good thing!
You will also notice none of my lines over lap.
 This is from my personalized SCARFACE diamond save. I have uploaded it to my shared saves, if you want to see it in person. Click the link in my signature bar. Go to 00_Diamond Saves.  Scarface is at the top of the list now. The lockup is where this color effect is. 

Sorry about the music that accompanies  this light effect. I personally love the song and it fits perfectly with the font. IMHO

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 03:24:34 PM »

just in case some one is curious and does not have a diamond saber to load it on.
If you need more help just ask. If I don't respond, then send me a personal message.  The forum will notify me by email and I will be right back here ready to help you out!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6VaegCSzQ8&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6VaegCSzQ8&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 12:54:33 AM »

Had to give another -1 point to you KaiserSosay. Your inventiveness is remarkable.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 01:35:34 AM »

Had to give another -1 point to you KaiserSosay. Your inventiveness is remarkable.

Thank you for the compliment!  A +1 point  right back at ya!

I have been meaning to revamp this sound font.  I love, and own a copy of the movie Scarface, so It would make sense for me to flesh it out. The sound files on the forum are just bare bones.  I'm not a fan of the machine gun firing. Chain saw sounds make more sense to me. That bathroom scene in the hotel has a chainsaw, so it would fit in fine.
  More Pacino quotes too!  "This town is like a great big p***y. Just waiting to get f***ed."
             "All I have in this world are my balls and my word."
You get the idea.

Henwy
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:44:57 AM »

maybe my problem is i was trying to get the blade to go from color to color without any gap with no color. Im going to try for something simplier jut doing the spike and see if that pans out first. I'll have plnty of time to play with it over the weeks ahead. What I need now is just to figure out a red white and blue pattern so I can take it to the 4th of july fireworks at disney Tongue. Thanks...I'll let you know how it goes.

Henwy
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 06:26:22 PM »

Thanks for all the help everyone. I know it's not perfect but I got something good enough for Disney tomorrow. Im pretty happy about it and I'm sure with more time and effort I could really do something amazing.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217137116038894&id=1199334267

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 07:29:44 PM »

Thanks for all the help everyone. I know it's not perfect but I got something good enough for Disney tomorrow. Im pretty happy about it and I'm sure with more time and effort I could really do something amazing.

Cool!

I can’t wait until I can finally get my Diamond saber, so I can do something like that. But I’ll need to wait until the software gets updated to work with the upcoming MacOS software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 07:36:00 PM »

Great job for a first attempt! Actually,  great job for any attempt!
  A suggestion,  make the music your lockup. If the music is your lockup, you can spin it and do whatever. The music will continue to play uninterrupted until you hit the button again.  Fireworks exploding for the clash sounds is a great idea and you could use the "thwamp" sound of it launching as a swing. Those white fireworks that crackle as they fall and burn out, that would make a great hum sound. You could do a fireworks light saber and have music as a lockup.
I'm glad you got it figured out. Enjoy the 4th!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: