Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Frankensaber! Please help ID some parts.  (Read 3170 times)
Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« on: July 02, 2019, 07:11:22 PM »

Here is my Frankensaber from the 2019 “Great Summer Giveaway”.  I know the emitter is from the Scorpion, but I can’t seem to identify the hilt or pommel.  The pommel and the rear side (opposite the switch) each have a translucent “bulb” (I don’t know what else to call them other than “bulbs”).  The one behind the switch lights up red (the A/V switch itself is not lighted).  The pommel “bulb” doesn’t light up, but some light from the other “bulb” leaks through.  I’ve searched the US website and cannot find anything like this.  Has anyone else seen these “bulbs” before?  Is this from a discontinued saber, and if so which one.  It really is cool looking.  I’ve included pictures of all sides of the saber, plus closeups of the pommel and hilt “bulbs”.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 07:23:29 PM »

The hilt looks like a Bane to me, even though I've never seen a Bane with an activation box.  I have never seen the pummel or the bulbs before. Very interesting! Thank you for posting pics.
 I'm a little jealous, I didn't get in on the give away.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 07:37:09 PM »

The body is for sure a Bane with an activation box. Abs you are correct any the Scorpion emitter. That pommel is maybe a prototype, a one off, or maybe win be on a future saber? Never seen it before. Same with the domes, just looks like something they added.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 08:06:21 PM »

The emitter is clearly a Scorpion without the claw, the body is a Bane with an activation box (looks like it has a black AV switch), and the pommel looks like a re-machined Catalyst pommel.

As for the "bulbs", I'm pretty sure they're blade tips which cover a possible Recharge Port hole (opposite the switch) and protect the inside of the saber due to the hole in the customized pommel.

Oh, and it has a red Covertec Wheel. Which complements the red button from the Bane body quite nicely...Grin

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 08:13:04 PM »

Y'all are right it is a Bane hilt.  I think the fact that it has a black extension between the hilt and the emitter that threw me off, that and the activation box and "bulb" on the other side.  The Bane doesn't have this and neither does the Scorpion. 
Here are some shots of these "bulbs" or "domes" lit up.  I also included a shot of the piece between the emitter and the hilt detached.  I know part this isn't from the Bane or Scorpion.  It adds about 1.25" to the hilt, bringing it to 14.75".  This part is also threaded where as the top of the Bane hilt is not.  I can't seem to find any part like this on the US site.  I will say that the way the parts flow together it fits very nicely.  Like it could be a legit hit design. 

By the way, if the light shining through the pommel hilt was blue, it would remind me of a stargate.

Household US Arsenal:
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 08:14:15 PM »

Racona Nova, I thing you are right. It is a Catalyst pummel and blade tips. Good eye you have!

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »

Thanks for the help identifying the parts everyone.  Out of all of the giveaway sabers, this was the one I was anticipating the most.  It looks sinister and while it doesn't fit with my generally light side scheme, it will be displayed proudly amongst the rest of the arsenal.

Household US Arsenal:
Mine:

Wife’s:

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 07:33:49 PM »

This is an incredible saber. Wish I had one.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Daniel1988
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 05:27:07 AM »

Love these Frankensaber videos and pics. Damn I want one...

My sabers (as of 8/9/23): (*s)=sound
1.) Frankensaber-Blazing Red (*s)
2.) Grandmaster LE-Sentinel Yellow
3.) Shock LE-Violet Amethyst w/Qd
4.) Dominicide LE-Tri-cree F.Orange
5.) Apprentice LE V4-Guardian Blue (*s)
6.) Dark Graflex-BR (*s)
7.) Spectre-B.Violet Amethyst w/Qd (*s)
8.) Consular-Tri-Cree Consular Green w/Qd
9.) Prophecy V3-SY
10.) Sentinel LE V5-SY
11.) Third Sister LE-VA