Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Plz help me  (Read 1082 times)
Seegul wahabius
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 07, 2019, 05:52:20 PM »

So I recently purchased a Dominix v5 with tri blazing red and light sound.  It is a fantastic saber and one of my favorites but it has a problem.  I was showing  it to my friends the other day and it turned itself off and whispered obsidian.  I turned it back on and it will not stay on for more than 30 seconds before repeating the same thing.  I replaced the batteries and it now turns on without sound and I am unable to turn it off with the av switch but must remove the batteries turn turn it off.  Any advice as to what I can do or what is wrong with it bc I am lost.  Thanks so much.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 06:49:21 PM »

I assume that you have the Premium sound, right? Premium means either Obsidian v3 or v4.

Did you replace the batteries with normal AA size batteries? If so, please remove them. Those are not suited for an Ultrasaber with Obsidian Premium sound. You need the Li-Ions provided and a charger for 14500 size Li-Ion batteries. AA's can cause weird issues on Ultrasabers with sound.

Edit: Nvm, I just re-read your post - Lite sound can behave like that when the batteries are low. Like tx said.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:44:25 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 01:19:00 PM »

Clearly sounds like a battery problem. As mentioned above if it is V3 or V4 sound they are rechargeable batteries, hope you didn't throw them away. So recharge then and make sure they are 100% full. If you have lite sound and this happened it is still probably a battery issue. But new ones from the store and try them out.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 08:47:01 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 08:15:56 PM »

That behavior is what my Obsidian Lite sabers do when the batteries are dying and they start to under-volt.  I'd try fresh batteries, and double-check that they're all installed correctly.  I've put a battery in backwards before and it also mimics dying batteries.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Seegul wahabius
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 01:51:44 AM »

Thank you guys I really appreciate it I will do that right away I forgot that I needed the li-ion batteries

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 02:27:46 AM »

If its the Obsidian Lite sound though (Standard 4 AAA batteries but with sound) then that's all you need, if its like the AA batteries then yeah you'd need a charger and cable to you can put different sounds on =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Seegul wahabius
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 12:37:40 AM »

I replaced the batteries and it works great now that is guys!👍

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 04:01:29 AM »

Woot!

The one downside to the Lite sound - you're going to go through batteries, and they "fade", something the buck puck prevents in the LiIon setups.
I recommend a double set of "normal" recharging AAA batteries.  That way you can swap them out at need and always have fresh batteries.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 02:34:51 AM »

Woot!

The one downside to the Lite sound - you're going to go through batteries, and they "fade", something the buck puck prevents in the LiIon setups.
I recommend a double set of "normal" recharging AAA batteries.  That way you can swap them out at need and always have fresh batteries.   :-)
And don't skimp on the rechargeable batteries, either.  Get Eneloop or Eneloop Pro batteries.  I've tried several widely-available brands, including these, Amazon Basics, Energizer, Tenergy, and others, and while any of them will save you money over alkaline batteries, I'm holding out for Eneloops from now on.

Also, you'll do better to get a charger that has a separate channel for each cell, rather than one that averages out the current/voltage across all 4 cells.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: