Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Gandalf and Glamdring...  (Read 6021 times)
KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« on: July 08, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »

So I'm working on a Gandalf Diamond save and sound files. Why am I telling you about it instead of just posting it? Well, its not done yet and I'm sick of seeing Tinkerbell every time I go to the forum.

So it will be a white blade that goes blue when you swing or clash. For orcs, goblins and what not. The Balrog fight for a lockup or maybe a force move. So I can channel my inner Jason Segel! If you think this sounds interesting and have some recommendations for sounds or quotes, Let me know. There is still time for me to add stuff!
In case you don't get the Jason Segel reference...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Z05Fq2f58" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Z05Fq2f58</a>

Yes I wore sweatpants while making this font.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 05:57:52 PM »

This sounds very interesting for when I eventually get my Diamond saber. I'll have to think about whether I have anything of value to suggest, but I DEFINITELY want to keep track of this.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 07:44:31 AM »

I went through the three hobbit movies and the three lord of the rings movies.  I can't sit through the hobbit cartoon because of all the singing. The lord of the rings cartoon had a couple good things but sounds out of place with everything else.
 I think later today I will listen to stuff from the game, lord of the rings conquest. You can play as Gandalf in that game and it might be good for swing and clash sounds. I'm almost done with it though. I have plenty of sounds. I just need to try them out and see what works and sounds good.

Thanks for commenting again Cyclops942. I do appreciate it!

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 08:07:36 PM »

I know, he's not a "space wizard", but I like Gandalf. The sound files and a diamond save have been posted in my shared file. The link is below.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 10:42:17 PM »

After 24 hours of playing with this font, I hate it!
 I have totally redone the Diamond save and added some new sounds. Now I like it.  The new Hum sound makes all the difference. So if you downloaded this already, I suggest deleting it and re downloading the diamond save. Sorry for jumping the gun and posting it too early.
 I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 02:16:19 AM »

After 24 hours of playing with this font, I hate it!
 I have totally redone the Diamond save and added some new sounds. Now I like it.  The new Hum sound makes all the difference. So if you downloaded this already, I suggest deleting it and re downloading the diamond save. Sorry for jumping the gun and posting it too early.
 I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Well, I was out-of-pocket this past weekend, so I missed the bad version.  I'll download the font, but with no sound-enabled saber yet, I don't know how to listen to the sounds.  Are there any sound programs for the Mac that will play these without an Emerald, Obsidian, or Diamond board?

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 02:24:09 AM »

Well, I was out-of-pocket this past weekend, so I missed the bad version.  I'll download the font, but with no sound-enabled saber yet, I don't know how to listen to the sounds.  Are there any sound programs for the Mac that will play these without an Emerald, Obsidian, or Diamond board?
D'oh!  They're .WAV files... I can play them in iTunes, for crying out loud!

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 07:26:19 PM »

I remember small niceties forever!
You are the only one that comments, most of the time. Then there is that awesome Vogon joke. I'm number 2 by the way. It also perfectly describes my poetry!  I owe ya.

I'll make a demo video of the font if you want! Say the word and it will be made then posted.

The South Park character Towelie,  is a very interesting character in the Douglas Adams Universe. 

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 02:40:08 AM »

I remember small niceties forever!
You are the only one that comments, most of the time. Then there is that awesome Vogon joke. I'm number 2 by the way. It also perfectly describes my poetry!  I owe ya.

I'll make a demo video of the font if you want! Say the word and it will be made then posted.

The South Park character Towelie,  is a very interesting character in the Douglas Adams Universe. 
A demo video?  Heck yeah!!!  Especially if you have mapped some of the sounds to gestures... I gather that even with tweaking the sensitivity of the board, getting those right can be tricky sometimes, so seeing someone actually doing them correctly would be cool. 

(Sorry, Deep, but watching you do the basic gestures just isn't enough for me... I need more examples.)

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 07:50:02 PM »

The default gestures, I could never get to go off consistently. I just program my own gestures! There are sounds loaded up for gestures in all my fonts. Gandalf included.
 I'm camera shy and hate the sound of my own voice, so go easy on the video critique! Let me see if my wife will record it for me and if not, I need time to find my tripod.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 04:02:20 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsNLS-p3S3M&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsNLS-p3S3M&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Sorry you can't see the blade colors better.  This is a great example of why I don't post more videos! 
 I think I'll stick to the black couch background from now on.  You know what KaiserSosay looks like now. Stay off of boats and keep an eye out for the usual suspects!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 04:31:13 AM »

Dude... that was pretty cool to someone like me!  I've been a huge LOTR fan since before Episode IV hit the theaters the first time, so hearing all that coming from a lightsaber is just SO BLOODY COOL!!!!!!  (Sorry if that's strong language to the Anglophiles and Brits... here in the US, it's acceptable.)

Actually, the colors, while washed out a little by the light, were pretty interesting, especially when the really dark blue (in the video) started to flicker with the lighter colors.  And I fully understand the planes interrupting the demo, because I live near an Air Force base where they train the F-35 pilots, so I get a lot of after-burner sounds throughout the day.  (I can't complain, both because the Air Force base was here long before I bought my house, and because that's actually another of those pretty cool sounds, even when it drowns out conversation for a little bit.)

Thanks for posting this, and you have nothing to be ashamed of.  That was fun!

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 04:56:15 AM »

I should have worn sweatpants...and a towel!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 05:01:12 AM »

Dude... that was pretty cool to someone like me!  I've been a huge LOTR fan since before Episode IV hit the theaters the first time, so hearing all that coming from a lightsaber is just SO BLOODY COOL!!!!!!  (Sorry if that's strong language to the Anglophiles and Brits... here in the US, it's acceptable.)

Hello KaiserSosay and Cyclops942,

To KaiserSosay, sadly I don't have a Diamond equipped saber so haven't commented on your thread before, but when I read LOTR I thought you might like to see a saber design I recently posted...

To Cyclops942, I can't speak for all Brits (or the Moderators) but as a guy from the UK I have heard much worse language than this on Saturday night drinking sessions out on the town!

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 05:13:35 AM »

Hello KaiserSosay and Cyclops942,

To KaiserSosay, sadly I don't have a Diamond equipped saber so haven't commented on your thread before, but when I read LOTR I thought you might like to see a saber design I recently posted...

To Cyclops942, I can't speak for all Brits (or the Moderators) but as a guy from the UK I have heard much worse language than this on Saturday night drinking sessions out on the town!

I love it!!!
When does Ultrasabers start selling them? I know. I'm just kidding!  I would totally buy one though.
 I have been slowly working on a Sauron and Nazgul sound font/Diamond save. Not two fonts, but one combined.  There is not a lot to work from, so one font to rule them all.
 Your design is exactly to my tastes.  How did you know? Or is it just great minds think alike?
I am assuming the "eye" is the pummel?!?  I like the idea of the hilt being wider at the base. Then you don't need a big'ol pummel to keep from losing your grip while spinning.
 Seriously, I love it.

Do you mind posting a link to that thread? Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: