Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Specter - I'm lost...  (Read 2473 times)
Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« on: July 12, 2019, 01:07:53 PM »

Hello, back in May I got the Specter. It can with a very loose part which needs to be fixed or replaced.  Marlena and I had a great phone call just over two weeks and she said it would take a couple of business days to sort out. It's been over two weeks since then and six weeks since it began. I know they've been busy but I really would like to use my saber?

Is anyone else having problem and taking this long?

Thanks for any help,

Always try to do what is right.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 02:00:13 PM »

Hey Ken,

They're just busy due to the summer sale and trying to get sabers out to people.  You can always email Marlena again and check on the status.  I know that they're not ignoring nor have they forgotten about you

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 07:05:40 AM »

I talked Marlena last Friday.  She said everything was taking about three weeks to ship out. That included the pummel I ordered. It got here on Monday. So hopefully your emitter is already on the way!

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 02:10:24 PM »

I try not to email too often, but I have gotten to two or three times a week. I hate to send that many it makes been feel like I'm being a butt.  Cry

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 02:28:10 PM »

Have you talked to her via phone or email since that call 2 weeks ago? I totally understand how frustrating that could be. I would be at the point of giving up on them.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 03:05:23 PM »

Have you talked to her via phone or email since that call 2 weeks ago? I totally understand how frustrating that could be. I would be at the point of giving up on them.

No response since then  Sad

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 07:43:39 PM »

I received and email and the saber is on its way back as we speak. Fingers crossed.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 08:20:22 PM »

I received and email and the saber is on its way back as we speak. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully the repairs go quickly. No one wants to go without a saber. I'm so sorry this is your first experience with Ultrasabers.  It is not the norm. They are a great company and I'm sure they will fix your problems.  Just give them that chance, and I'm positive they will make everything right.  They definitely take pride in what they do and have integrity.  They are probably really embarrassed this happened and just as upset by it as you are!
 Have faith. Your saber will be back soon, and in perfect working order.

Now to take your mind off of it and kill time.  Any ideas for a new font? For when your saber gets back. You come up with the idea and I'll start making you a new font/diamond save. That should kill a weeks worth of time!

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 08:56:57 PM »

[...] Now to take your mind off of it and kill time.  Any ideas for a new font? For when your saber gets back. You come up with the idea and I'll start making you a new font/diamond save. That should kill a weeks worth of time!

Haha, well.... There was a stygian general font that sounded nice except for the lock up.  The lock up as the sound from one of the prequel movies and sounds like a helicopter winding up. If you want that from the movie I understand why people would like it. But for a fonts on a saber it is a little out of place.  Wink Just say'in.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 02:37:53 AM »

So fix up that lockup sound for you, and make a couple of alternatives?
 Easy enough my friend!

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 07:06:51 PM »

I did not realize that the font in question is General Grievous.  Do you want new lockups or for me to redo the whole font?  I kind of want to give General Grievous the treatment and make a font like all the others I've made. That would be me using the pre existing font and adding in lots of quotes.  Of course I will fix the lockup too.  The real questions I need answered, coughing during the hum sound or no coughing?
 Lockup, regular saber sound or the duel spinning sabers (saber shield) ?
Blade color blue or green? Or should it pulse between the two?

Update: Forum member "JediSeth" made a great G.G. sound font. If you check out the lock up he made, it is really good and is probably what you wanted!
 "DarthVigorus" made a bunch of boot fonts for the General too. They are really good.
Looking at the files on the forum, there is not much for me to add! Thank you other forum members!!
 I think I'll use the sound files already posted and throw something together for myself! I'll post the diamond save when I'm done.
 Obsidian order, then sound fonts, and then fonts made by members. That is where I found the files for General Grievous. 

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2019, 01:43:19 AM »

KaiserSosay, I just wanted to give you a serious shout out.  You made me a pretty sweet Malgus sound font setup. Now you're continuing to share your skills with others by building sound fonts for everyone..that's pretty major in my book! Thanks from me and the rest of the forum. And a big thank you to ALL  of you awesome folks who share your skills and knowledge. Some of us (especially me) are  Technologically challenged and wouldn't know where to begin.  Your masterpieces are greatly appreciated.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2019, 04:23:11 AM »

KaiserSosay, I just wanted to give you a serious shout out.  You made me a pretty sweet Malgus sound font setup. Now you're continuing to share your skills with others by building sound fonts for everyone..that's pretty major in my book! Thanks from me and the rest of the forum. And a big thank you to ALL  of you awesome folks who share your skills and knowledge. Some of us (especially me) are  Technologically challenged and wouldn't know where to begin.  Your masterpieces are greatly appreciated.

I read your "attention" post. I didn't respond to it because I know I am not the only one that your words apply to. I didn't want to seem conceited.
 Thank you though! You are very welcome too!
Seriously,  Darth Malgus is right up my alley.  It's not like you asked me to sit through hours of Tinkerbell or something(I still think he trolled me)!!!
I am using that Darth Malgus font myself and love it. I seriously appreciate you requesting it. I once said this to Dark Path Media and it's worth repeating.
 "It is my selfish way of getting what I want."
  I want everyone to be as happy with their sabers as I am with mine.  Selfish
I want other people to make and share their own fonts, created by their own imagination and inspiration.  Selfish!
 You can't make a font for me?!? Ha ha ha Haha! Think again! I'll teach you. Selfish!
Just pointing out that I have my motives.
Someday you will repay me by posting a font you love and enjoyed making! I will have no idea I wanted that font and it will end up being one of my favorites!
 Selfish...

It just depends on your point of view!

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2019, 04:38:01 AM »

Haha, well.... There was a stygian general font that sounded nice except for the lock up.  The lock up as the sound from one of the prequel movies and sounds like a helicopter winding up. If you want that from the movie I understand why people would like it. But for a fonts on a saber it is a little out of place.  Wink Just say'in.

I got bored and made a General Grievous sound file and Diamond save of my own. I also made a regular lockup sound for you! The lockup is labeled as "Lockup_sabers". It can be found with the rest of the sound files in the General Grievous folder. All of which are located in my shared file, in my signature bar.
 I used the Stygian general sounds to mix with the quotes. I hope you like it. If you don't, I can make a couple of new ones. Just let me know.

I'm gonna start a Skyrim font now! Wish me luck.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 08:37:06 PM »

Yeah!!!  Cheesy well it took just over 3 months but I wanted to let everyone know they did fix my saber and I have it in my hot little hands. Can't wait to try it out.  It took a while but they did come through.

Take care and good luck all.

P.S. to @KaiserSosay, I think your fonts are awesome and (seriously) very appreciated. Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: