Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Weathered and Battle Destressed  (Read 1551 times)
ScificommodoreJones
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

« on: July 12, 2019, 12:32:42 PM »

Sent My Granddaughter, whom is eight years old, outside with my new saber, with instructions to give it heck, now understand time of this posting my new saber like Four hours old. I think she did I fine job returning it looking battle worn and distress, I firmly believe Sabers need to look old worn, as if there’s a history. Thing is she laughed like a hysterical hyena the whole time. 

Sabers owned for my granddaughter is The Dark Sentinel   LE V4 Fire orange stunt saber, while I got the Dark Apprentice v5 with light sound and tri Fire orange, the fallen V4, artic blue foc
Wife got Dominix Le V2 blazing red ,Guardian  tri  Adegan Silver
Dark Arbiter FO FOC silver V4 sound

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 09:12:10 PM »

She is a fine apprentice.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 09:39:32 PM »

That's a good idea. She did a great job.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 02:16:01 AM »

Your young apprentice did excellent work there

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 10:00:40 PM »

Sent My Granddaughter, whom is eight years old, outside with my new saber, with instructions to give it heck, now understand time of this posting my new saber like Four hours old. I think she did I fine job returning it looking battle worn and distress, I firmly believe Sabers need to look old worn, as if there’s a history. Thing is she laughed like a hysterical hyena the whole time. 

Okay, I'm curious... what, exactly, did she do?  It looks good... like, really good. If I had tried that, I'd have stressed over each and every little nick, scratch, and dent, bemoaning the loss of brand-new-slick-and-shiny-and-perfect-ness with each added bit of character. 

I don't understand how
a) you not only allowed, but ENCOURAGED this to happen (because I still have new-car-itis with my 2007 vehicle- it's a fault I have), or
b) it looks RIGHT and COOL and actually ATTRACTIVE now that all that shiny new perfection is long gone.

How did you manage to freely let go of the initial beauty, and how does it look so good now?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

ScificommodoreJones
Knight Officer

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 08:00:57 PM »

Okay, I'm curious... what, exactly, did she do?  It looks good... like, really good. If I had tried that, I'd have stressed over each and every little nick, scratch, and dent, bemoaning the loss of brand-new-slick-and-shiny-and-perfect-ness with each added bit of character. 

I don't understand how
a) you not only allowed, but ENCOURAGED this to happen (because I still have new-car-itis with my 2007 vehicle- it's a fault I have), or
b) it looks RIGHT and COOL and actually ATTRACTIVE now that all that shiny new perfection is long gone.

How did you manage to freely let go of the initial beauty, and how does it look so good now?

Granted this was my first saber that was crafted by some else, so I let her go to town, sure she dragged it behind her bike on our gavel driveway, twirled it like a baton.
 how did i let go  i needed my saber to look like it went through hell to fit the lore I created for my saber so yes been through some stuff
for me fresh clean shiny is for say my granddaughter its literally her first saber and never seen a battle a war or lost in rumble of an old temple for eons  which my saber lore has been that's how...
I get that new car feeling... what i did not for everyone...I'll drive me 72 pickup long before the 2012 one of my wife or my daughters 2016 kia... the 72 pick up is me faded paint job and all.... plus after all that she put it though a testament to Ultra sabers quality it stood up to probably the worst it will ever go through in r/l 

Sabers owned for my granddaughter is The Dark Sentinel   LE V4 Fire orange stunt saber, while I got the Dark Apprentice v5 with light sound and tri Fire orange, the fallen V4, artic blue foc

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 08:29:35 PM »

Granted this was my first saber that was crafted by some else, so I let her go to town, sure she dragged it behind her bike on our gavel driveway, twirled it like a baton.

I knew gravel was involved! LOL. This is still one of the greatest stories to me. Now I want to weather a saber for the first time. I'm going to take a more "little kid going nuts" approach as inspired by you and your Granddaughter, rather than siting with sand paper and a drill for hours on end.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 08:49:54 PM »

I would have to remove the electronics first before allowing anything close to what you describe for your battle damage..............since most of my sabers are diamond controlled and quite expensive.............

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

ScificommodoreJones
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 09:41:21 PM »

I would have to remove the electronics first before allowing anything close to what you describe for your battle damage..............since most of my sabers are diamond controlled and quite expensive.............

yes me too with that kinda of investment... but why i started with basic hilt basic sound.... i might go premium sound but honestly be easily just to leap frog  to diamond  controller and i'll  wait on that probably till may or sale till than I can play the lotto with mystery boxes and grab bags for holiday gifts

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: