Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: TERMINATOR: DARK FOOTAGE - New Footage  (Read 2338 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: July 18, 2019, 11:50:39 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcbU1SFsq9c" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcbU1SFsq9c</a>

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 05:53:09 PM »

So they are going at this as if only the first two films exist. Hmm.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 03:35:08 AM »

So they are going at this as if only the first two films exist. Hmm.

yea that was announced early on that this is technically Terminator III and follows T2 only.  Hell Edward Furlough is reprising his role as John

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 12:16:36 PM »

I'm intrigued to see Gabriel Luna as the new Terminator, but did they have to have Arnie in this one? Is there some sort of unwritten rule that Arnie must appear in every Terminator movie? (I know he wasn't in Salvation, but there was the CGI version which I suppose kind of counts).

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 11:53:35 AM »

I'm intrigued to see Gabriel Luna as the new Terminator, but did they have to have Arnie in this one? Is there some sort of unwritten rule that Arnie must appear in every Terminator movie? (I know he wasn't in Salvation, but there was the CGI version which I suppose kind of counts).

Of course there is....its Terminator.  First thing that pops into peoples head when you hear Terminator is Arnold and the Theme.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 12:03:01 PM »

Of course there is....its Terminator.  First thing that pops into peoples head when you hear Terminator is Arnold and the Theme.
I used to collect the Terminator comics in the 90s published by Dark Horse comics. They showed that you can tell lots of fascinating and interesting stories within this premise without featuring Sarah/John Connor and having Terminators that don't look like Arnie. I love Arnie in the first two movies, but personally I think the overall story suffers from finding a way to shoehorn him into it. But that's just my take on it. At this point we've have more bad movies than good in the Terminator, Alien and Predator franchises. So, my expectations for this new movie are very very low, even if Cameron is back as producer and Linda Hamilton is back too.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 12:05:53 PM »

I used to collect the Terminator comics in the 90s published by Dark Horse comics. They showed that you can tell lots of fascinating and interesting stories within this premise without featuring Sarah/John Connor and having Terminators that don't look like Arnie. I love Arnie in the first two movies, but personally I think the overall story suffers from finding a way to shoehorn him into it. But that's just my take on it. At this point we've have more bad movies than good in the Terminator, Alien and Predator franchises. So, my expectations for this new movie are very very low, even if Cameron is back as producer and Linda Hamilton is back too.

I read them as well, but just like with every franchise, they are going to cater to the movie going crowd...who only know Arnold as the Terminator

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 12:14:38 PM »

I read them as well, but just like with every franchise, they are going to cater to the movie going crowd...who only know Arnold as the Terminator
Just because people may know Arnie as the Terminator, that doesn't mean he has to be in every movie. Arnie is many things to many people. Yes, Terminator is one of his best roles, but time moves on. And so should franchises. I'm of the opinion that if they had taken story cues from the Dark Horse comics and not included Arnie all the sequels since T2 would have been far better received and bigger hits than they were. Just my opinion of course.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 12:19:42 PM »

Just because people may know Arnie as the Terminator, that doesn't mean he has to be in every movie. Arnie is many things to many people. Yes, Terminator is one of his best roles, but time moves on. And so should franchises. I'm of the opinion that if they had taken story cues from the Dark Horse comics and not included Arnie all the sequels since T2 would have been far better received and bigger hits than they were. Just my opinion of course.

No I get it...its how I feel about Star Wars.... If they had taken the cues from the 30 years of expanded universe, things (imo) would be different.  But, its Brand Recognition, Arnold= Terminator.  Plus we have yet to learn why there is a T-800 aged still kicking around.  The reason maybe awesome..or it may fall flat.   Honestly I wish they would just put him in another Predator (he was actually supposed to cameo in Predators) or fin ally make King Conan

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 12:25:53 PM »

Plus we have yet to learn why there is a T-800 aged still kicking around.  The reason maybe awesome..or it may fall flat.   
They already did that in the last movie. Which makes me think, if you need to have Arnie as a T-800 then you are either repeating stuff that has come before or you are sacrificing story to include someone who doesn't really need to be there.

Honestly I wish they would just put him in another Predator (he was actually supposed to cameo in Predators) or fin ally make King Conan
Unlike many people, I really enjoyed Predators. However, I think they missed a massive opportunity by casting Lawrence Fishburne. Imagine the reaction if that character has been revealed to be Arnie instead?

And Arnie has been going on about King Conan for years. But, as his clout in Hollywood isn't what it once was, I doubt it will ever happen now, no matter how much we would like to see it.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 12:30:04 PM »

They already did that in the last movie. Which makes me think, if you need to have Arnie as a T-800 then you are either repeating stuff that has come before or you are sacrificing story to include someone who doesn't really need to be there.
Unlike many people, I really enjoyed Predators. However, I think they missed a massive opportunity by casting Lawrence Fishburne. Imagine the reaction if that character has been revealed to be Arnie instead?

And Arnie has been going on about King Conan for years. But, as his clout in Hollywood isn't what it once was, I doubt it will ever happen now, no matter how much we would like to see it.

It maybe rumor only but from what I heard originally after the climax another Predator ship was supposed to land and a honor guard of predators was going to march out, stand at attention and two would Force Brody and the girl to their knees when a heavily armored Predator walks out of the ship toward them.  He takes of his helmet and reveals Dutch.  But Arnold couldn't get away from other things to film at the time.

Yea, I don't think a King Conan will ever grace the big screen...but Netflix would be a great option.  But, the Barbarian craze hasn't returned yet

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 09:00:30 PM »

Cameron and Schwarzenegger are friends in real life and have a handshake agreement on the Terminator films.

Since this isn't a reboot but a continuation of the original series, i'm all for it. Rise of the Machines could be described either as the 4th movie, or an alternate universe thing. (was too campy/tongue in cheek for me in either case). Genisys wasn't bad, but certainly was not as good as it should have been(Cameron was a consultant, not the director). So having this pushed into the timeline after T2 hopefully will be a good thing.

Terminator:Dark Footage? I think that's supposed to be Terminator: Dark Fate

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 02:18:42 PM »

Terminator:Dark Footage? I think that's supposed to be Terminator: Dark Fate
Obviously a typo. It was 1.30am and I was just about to drift off to sleep.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 09:21:44 PM »

Obviously a typo. It was 1.30am and I was just about to drift off to sleep.

More TEA!

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2019, 02:43:45 PM »

More TEA!
Why would I drink tea before I go to sleep?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: