Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New module? New blade? Both? Something else? Thanks.  (Read 726 times)
Vasman
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 22, 2019, 12:19:23 AM »

Hello. I have a Scorpion saber.  The light seems to get a lot dimmer from the hilt to the tip of the blade. Obviously, that will happen to an extent since the LED module is in the hilt and the light from it will get dimmer the further it travels along the blade from the module.  I get it.  But, it seems to get dimmer more than it should. Should I invest in a new module?  New blade? Both?  Does orange dim more than the other colors? I THINK I have the TRI fire orange blade, but I'm not completely sure. If I recall, I just chose the basic options when creating my blade. I'd just like a blade with a nice orange color that is fairly consistent the length of the blade.  Any suggestions? Thanks.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 05:43:28 PM »

Hello. I have a Scorpion saber.  The light seems to get a lot dimmer from the hilt to the tip of the blade. Obviously, that will happen to an extent since the LED module is in the hilt and the light from it will get dimmer the further it travels along the blade from the module.  I get it.  But, it seems to get dimmer more than it should. Should I invest in a new module?  New blade? Both?  Does orange dim more than the other colors? I THINK I have the TRI fire orange blade, but I'm not completely sure. If I recall, I just chose the basic options when creating my blade. I'd just like a blade with a nice orange color that is fairly consistent the length of the blade.  Any suggestions? Thanks.
Take out the blade and look down the inside. If the film is wrinkled, it will obscure the light. Since it's new, it should covered under warranty.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Vasman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 07:49:42 PM »

Well, I took off the blade. I don't see any wrinkles, but there is an apparent seam that runs down the length of the blade.  Would that distort it?  The LED module seems to be very bright and functioning properly.  I guess it wouldn't hurt or be too expensive to get a new blade.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 01:15:41 PM »

Well, I took off the blade. I don't see any wrinkles, but there is an apparent seam that runs down the length of the blade.  Would that distort it?  The LED module seems to be very bright and functioning properly.  I guess it wouldn't hurt or be too expensive to get a new blade.
I would need to see pics.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Vasman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 02:44:49 AM »

I did try taking a few pics, but none of them clearly showed it.  It just looks like a seam or crease down the blade.   I just went ahead and ordered a new blade. If it doesn't help, I'm only out $35. Hopefully, that does the trick. I don't see anything else that could be an issue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: