Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Powers off constantly  (Read 820 times)
DarthMiku
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -14

Dark side points please

« on: July 23, 2019, 06:54:26 AM »

Ok so 8yo emerald obsidian combo prebuilt by us w/ lion 14500
Brand new 14500 fully charged and after about 2-3 mins the blade shuts off and will not power on have to reseed battery and then if I’m lucky I get 1 min on

Overheat ?? Nothing hot

Any help appreciated

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 12:25:53 AM »

I wish I could help, but I have not had that problem. I have no experience with that or advice to give. I just wanted you to know you have my sympathy.  Some one with experience will come along and help you out soon! I am sure of that and have lots of experience with it as well. People here on the forum are great. Smart too! Just be patient and the answer will come.
 Again you have my sympathy. 

One thing I can suggest,  reset your saber. You would have to redo the colors and reload the sounds, but that might fix it. At least it would make things easier to diagnose for the person that does figure out your saber problem.

DarthMiku
Knight Apprentice

Dark side points please

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »

Did a full reset to my knowledge and still same issue tested the batteries and both have enough charge in them to easily power the saver

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 07:16:56 PM »

Ok, so batteries aren't the problem. Does the problem occur when it's idle or when you swing it? You could have a bad contact between batteries and battery pack or it's shorted somewhere in the circuit. Worst case: you have a damaged board...either Emerald or Obsidian. Unlikely that both have an issue...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

DarthMiku
Knight Apprentice

Dark side points please

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 09:10:30 PM »

Idle it does it randomly sometimes I go for a good time before it shuts off it swinging battling and idle all have shut off

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 08:04:14 AM »

Did a full reset to my knowledge and still same issue tested the batteries and both have enough charge in them to easily power the saver

There might be a battery issue: if the batteries are old (meaning they went through many charge/deplete cycles), they may act this way. Trying again with new batteries might be on option to sort this out.

Cheers,

The RSX Engineering team

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 08:40:55 AM »

There might be a battery issue: if the batteries are old (meaning they went through many charge/deplete cycles), they may act this way. Trying again with new batteries might be on option to sort this out.

Cheers,

The RSX Engineering team
He said he is using a brand new fully charged battery.

Really sounds like a short somewhere.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 02:44:28 PM »

He said he is using a brand new fully charged battery.

Really sounds like a short somewhere.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I agree, TX.   I had a saber that had a similar issue, turned out one of the battery connections had come loose and the wire was grounding out the saber.  IIRC I fixed it with a little twist and some electrical tape.  Smiley   

Its a pain, but I'd unwind the tape from around the battery pack and controller cards.  Check the connections, check the wires.  If everything looks good re-wrap everything carefully and make sure there's no contact.   Hopefully there's not a broken wire in the mix, but that can happen, too.   I never confirmed it, but I had a bad battery pack in another saber that I think ended up being a broken wire inside the pack, the one that goes up through the pack from the far end.  I think it was actually broken inside the insulation, causing intermittent failure.

Another option, if this is a new saber, is to send it in for warranty work.  Tracing an electrical fault can be hard and frustrating, so you might want to consider that.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

DarthMiku
Knight Apprentice

Dark side points please

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 03:45:06 PM »

Yeah I think it may be a bad wire or connection somewhere sending it to us for tlc (battery pack is falling apart but no loose or broken wires) going to do an upgrade to new led capsule and diamond controller thanks all for the asvice

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: