Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wiring RBG LED for Violet Amythest (Purple)  (Read 1577 times)
Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« on: July 26, 2019, 01:03:46 AM »

Can anyone tell me how to wire this RBG LED for Violet Amythest (Purple)?

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 05:08:21 PM »

Is it a stunt or sound saber? Switch with or without LED?

For stunt (non-illuminated switch): negatives to the negative of the battery pack, positives to the switch. Resistor on Blue. You may have to try several until you get your favourite shade.

For sound (non-illuminated switch): negatives to the LED- of the BuckPuck (if you use one - I recommend it), positives to the LED+ of it. Otherwise you need a resistor for the LED. With a resistor, the negs go to the LED terminal of the board, the pos go to the VIN.

For a switch with LED it's a bit more complicated.

I hope I didn't mix something up. If so, feel free to correct me Wink I don't want to be responsible for any damage due to misinformation Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 12:02:18 AM »

Stunt, non-LED switch.  I did the positive to positive, negative to negative, on the blue and the red tabs but all I can get is either blue or red to light up, not both at the same time.  Is this due to the lack of a resistor?  I would like the color to be somewhere between the VA and the BVA.  Which resistor would I need?  It would be a standard 4AAA setup.  Also, I can seem to get green, white, and a yellow-ish color (probably close to FA), but not a purple. I am using fresh batteries.

Household US Arsenal:
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 09:57:08 AM »

This is from TCSS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHpTKiLfA4

It does look like you do need resistors, but their LED emitter is different from yours. Where is yours from?

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 04:48:20 AM »

You will need resistors for both colors, in order to get the right ones you need to know the LED specs. If you use the resistors recommended for each LED each will be at 100% and I don't know if that will produce the color you want. But that is the best place to start.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 08:18:20 PM »

According to Marlena, a 5ohm 1w on the red positive and none on the blue should do, and it did.  It is a little lighter purple than I would like, but I may experiment with some different resistors in the future. 

It does look like you do need resistors, but their LED emitter is different from yours. Where is yours from?

The school's robotics club was cleaning/tossing out some stuff at the end of the year and there were several LEDs (along with heatsinks, switches, resistors, capacitors, etc).  There were a few RBG ones in there and I wanted to experiment a bit.

Household US Arsenal:
Mine:

Wife’s:

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 12:50:27 AM »

Oh, I see the thing that confused me. Your RGB LED isn't. It's a bi-color led, with white base. So a RB-W.

The LED's that US and TCSS usually use are RGB-W or -A.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: