Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: They changed my work schedule and forgot to tell me  (Read 996 times)
Cern
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« on: July 27, 2019, 01:25:40 PM »

7:15 am my boss calls me up, apologizes, says he forgot to tell me that the weekend shift was rescheduled and i was supposed to be doing my ten-hour weekend shift today and tomorrow, and next weekend also.

Too tired to get angry at that point as I was up drinking cider and enjoying a cool night on the porch till 11 last night

Basic gist of the situation is, for some damn reason, we have two managers. There are only like a dozen of us at this job but we have two kriffing managers. And it seems like they don't know what the others doing half the time.
We hired 4 new people over the last 2 months and 3 of them quit already, so we are short staffed. The guy who always worked weekends cant do it anymore, so we started doing a rotational shift on weekends, two weekends in a row.

The one manager just had a baby this week so he hasn't been here.

Work as a contractor for an IT / Help desk company. Been here about two years. Currently contracted to a pretty damn big industrial company I don't want to name as I don't want to potentially Dox myself.

Just feeling miserable. Cancelled plans to go to New York for my friends wedding next month because I was supposed to work that weekend. Was going to go and visit my Girlfriends baby nephew tomorrow- haven't seen him since Christmas- and now that's shot. Was going to take my 80 year old Aunt out to dinner and celebrate my girlfriends sons birthday next Sunday, now that's shot too. And my Girlfriends angry and disappointed. Feel like I've let her down.

Don't want to quit this job  - its a 20 minute drive away and for the most part they've been Ok to work for. Plus I lost two jobs over the last few years and really don't want to go through being unemployed again.

"Evil is never the opposite of good, but rather its destroyer."

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 03:27:16 AM »

Hey, at least they admitted it was their fault. Some companies don't even care about the reasoning. Too them, late is late, and you take the brunt of it.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 04:34:16 AM »

I know the wedding can't wait but maybe you can move some urge things to the two weekends you have off. Sounds like besides being short right now you have a decent job, I certainly wouldn't leave it without having another one to start.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: