Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Disney and the “D”  (Read 944 times)
Thnkswckd
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -54

I LOVE THE DARKSIDE

« on: July 31, 2019, 10:32:33 PM »

Just some of what Disney now owns, includes ABC, ESPN, Disneyland, Lucasfilm, and Marvel and now 21st Century Fox (FOX).  The TV, Movies, media that we watch every day.
As this is a “Saber Forum” I will limit this to what we all know and LOVE.. Star Wars Films!!!
Lucasfilm (Independent) (1971–2012)
Episode IV: Star Wars - A New Hope (1977) / Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) / Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) / Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999) / Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002) / Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005) / (A Movie about every 3 years)
Subsidiary of Disney (2012–present) (Disney bought Lucasfilm for $4 Billion)
Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015) / Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) / Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017) / Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) / (A Movie EVERY YEAR… Still going) /
(Galaxy Edge / Disney Theme Parks 2019) / Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) / (scrapped movies projects “Boba Fett” “Obi-Wan”).
I can remember being a young boy, (even if somewhat sheltered) and being allowed to go to a theater and see Star Wars.  While I cannot say I saw every Star Wars movie in the theater, when it came out, I do own them (PRE 2012). Starting in 2015 we were given a yearly dose of Star Wars films.  I am not here to review, discuss aspects of canon, changes in canon, or comment on what I think of these movies.
What I will comment on is this: Disney is all about the “D” DOLLARS… BIG S’s with lines through them $$$.  I recently posted pics of my Lego collection (Yes I am a Star Wars Nerd)  I also considered spending my upcoming birthday at Galaxy’s Edge.  Then I came across this… The Rancor Tooth Beer Flight Board retails for $75.00 and is only available at Oga’s Cantina. No I am not opposed to drinking or sad that I could now get a drink at Disneyland.  I am opposed to Disney taking something we know and love and only looking for the “D”.  Yes, you can also make a $200 lightsaber at a workshop, is not far off from the kid’s plastic lightsabers they sell. I doubt you can duel with it (if you own one please tell me I am wrong).  OK, so I am off track again… After Lucas films was sold to Disney, the new Star Wars movies began.  I will try to be brief and to the point here. Executives and Producers two who come to mind, Kennedy and Johnson.  Why do these two come to mind? Personal agenda’s and disregard for fans. YES, I am now an Old White guy, No I have not lived a life of privilege, YES I have worked and sacrificed for everything I have. NO I WILL NOT SUPPORT THE MONEY GRAB THAT IS Disney.  Yes I LOVE Star Wars, and will continue to enjoy the parts I choose, and the canon as I see fit.  But this is my INFORMED CHOICE.  Do I still love my Jabba’s Palace with Rancor Pit. YES. Will I now sell my Lego collection2 or stop playing with my AWESOME Light Sabers? NO!!! Will I go to every new Disney owned film.. NO.  I will choose where I invest my time and money.  I think UltraSabers is a Great Investment!!!
Below this I will place a graphic Cheesy Look at the TRUE EMPIRE "D"

Dont Shoot Like a Trooper!!! One Shot... One Kill!!! If That Fails.. Adapt: Two To The Chest... One To The Head

Bane - Diamond / Chosen One CE - Diamond / Crimson-Grand-Master - Diamond / Guardian - Diamond / SaviorAzure - Diamond /Spectre - Diamond / Franken Saber / Aeon le v3 / Bellicose / Dark Initiate V2 / Dominix v4 / Dominix le v4 / Prophecy v3 / Dark Prophecy v3

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 01:06:10 AM »

Whatever you have to tell your girlfriend, to get that next saber, right? That graph really sells it!

The sabers from Disney,  they are not duel ready. You are correct in calling them over priced plastic toys! Watch any review videos, and take notice of the disappointment on the face of the reviewer. They aren't reviewing the saber, they are trying to convince themselves they didn't waste money.
 You made the right choice when you bought an Ultrasaber!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 09:12:02 PM »

Whatever you have to tell your girlfriend, to get that next saber, right? That graph really sells it!

The sabers from Disney,  they are not duel ready. You are correct in calling them over priced plastic toys! Watch any review videos, and take notice of the disappointment on the face of the reviewer. They aren't reviewing the saber, they are trying to convince themselves they didn't waste money.
 You made the right choice when you bought an Ultrasaber!

The Only thing Disney's sabers have that I wish US would have is a Rancor Tooth saber

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: