Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Darkside is Downeast  (Read 2002 times)
lowlead
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -38

« on: August 02, 2019, 07:01:53 AM »

Two orders in one day...my wallet has a bad feeling about this! Cheesy

Is there an 'Intervention' thread, btw??

Greetings from Maine!

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 07:44:28 AM »

That is a great idea! I need to give you a point. Do you want dark or light side?
Intervention thread, ha ha.
 Hello Maine! California says welcome to the forum!
What kind of sabers did you decide on? Stunt or one of the sound options?

I'm addicted to diamond sabers myself! If you got a sound saber and want a custom font, I'm one of the people who can help! Don't be shy with questions.  There is a lot to know and lots of smart people on this forum that will help you out. Me included, in the helping part. I'm glad you found us and welcome...

lowlead
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »

Hey Kaiser - thanks!  Glad to be aboard!  At this point, I think I'm all Darkside, all the time Cheesy

So, I decided to go with the two most iconic looking sabers - the Graflex SE and The Chosen One CE.  Both fully loaded up with Emerald, Obsidian v4, illuminated AV, etc...  Pardon me if the terminology is wrong, I'm a noob with the internal guts of these...

...FOR NOW!!!

[emperor]
MUAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA!!
[/emperor]

*ahem*

YES!  Thank you, I'm looking forward to familiarizing myself with all the tech inside.  First question: Are my customization/noodling options limited by being a Mac user?  Maybe I'll post this or search in other topics, too.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 02:03:46 PM »

AAAAhh, I'm on PC.
I'm John Snow on Mac. I know nothing.

There is a forum member that uses  Mac,  Cyclops942. He is very nice and could probably help you out more than me.

lowlead
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 02:22:44 PM »

Awesome - no worries!  I won't be in a huge hurry to mod right away, I'll do some digging Wink

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 03:52:54 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you. Which sabers did you order? There is NO SUCH THING as  an intervention thread around here. Don't be fooled....we FEED the addiction, we NURTURE the addiction....we  CONQUER the power of the addiction...we USE it...MANIPULATE and make it our own. You WILL join us...

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 03:56:12 PM »

What?  Did someone call my name?

I do use a Mac, but I don't currently have a saber with sound, so I am somewhat limited in my knowledge.

Having said that, here's what I know.  To use a Mac, you need the Obsidian v4 or the Diamond controller; neither the Obsidian v3 nor the Obsidian Lite will work with a Mac.  I have been told {see here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=41885.0} that when you load up the controller software on a Mac currently, it issues a message saying that the software will no longer work once the next version of MacOS is installed (which is due out in September).

I won't be changing from Mac any time soon, I don't believe, and I will be updating the OS when it's available, so I am hoping for an update to the controller software, or there's no point in me getting a Diamond saber.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 04:12:06 PM »

What?  Did someone call my name?

I do use a Mac, but I don't currently have a saber with sound, so I am somewhat limited in my knowledge.

Having said that, here's what I know.  To use a Mac, you need the Obsidian v4 or the Diamond controller; neither the Obsidian v3 nor the Obsidian Lite will work with a Mac.  I have been told {see here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=41885.0} that when you load up the controller software on a Mac currently, it issues a message saying that the software will no longer work once the next version of MacOS is installed (which is due out in September).

I won't be changing from Mac any time soon, I don't believe, and I will be updating the OS when it's available, so I am hoping for an update to the controller software, or there's no point in me getting a Diamond saber.

UPDATE: The issue appears to be that the app is a 32-bit app, and Apple is pushing for all MacOS apps to be 64-bit apps.  I have posted a question in the Mac thread as follows:

CROSS-POSTED from the Windows thread (because I'm a doofus sometimes):

Per this thread (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=41885.0), the Launcher will no longer be compatible with the latest MacOS software in less than two months (based on Apple's normal software release schedule).  Do you have an ETA on when the Launcher will be updated to address this issue?  It seems that this is a 32-bit app, and MacOS is pushing all apps to be 64-bit apps.  (See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436 for the official word from Apple.)

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

lowlead
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 07:17:15 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you. Which sabers did you order? There is NO SUCH THING as  an intervention thread around here. Don't be fooled....we FEED the addiction, we NURTURE the addiction....we  CONQUER the power of the addiction...we USE it...MANIPULATE and make it our own. You WILL join us...

Thanks Malik, Cyclops!  Ya, I've pretty much given myself to the Darkside walking through the door Cheesy

I started my collection with the classic, iconic Light vs Dark and ordered the Graflex SE and The Chosen One CE, both Emerald with Ov4 and illuminated AVs, etc...  Why not make a big splash, right?!  I chose the SE Graflex because I preferred the activation box matching the main body of the saber, whereas the Nickel plate of the CE looks great with the black accents of The Chosen One - CAN'T WAIT!!

Good to know about the 32 vs 64-bit MacOS intel...I would imagine there might be an update to the Launcher by the time I get around to tinkering.

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 07:21:08 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

lowlead
Knight Officer

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 01:56:15 PM »

Thanks Gedda, glad to be on board

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 05:52:34 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis, lowlead!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Lowlead, ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction, lowlead! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Galez j'us buti wo su Akuyi, ir galez zhol buti wo su j'us noj satyi j'us duobé, lowlead!
(May you be one with the Force, and may it be one with you while serving you well!)

Stai ai zo Jen' Garthaz sorms kia kaer j'us ant tave tik tiesa qo, lowlead!
(Here's a Dark Side point to keep you on the only true path!)

lowlead
Knight Officer

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2019, 01:59:01 PM »

Labintias ari Ravage, tu'iea gesture honors nun.  Tave jen' garthaz kash viekis su mus, ir nu mada primyn kia exploring tave zavus mysteries su fellow tsis.

Sekleti mes stotis? 

ScificommodoreJones
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 12:24:46 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sabers owned for my granddaughter is The Dark Sentinel   LE V4 Fire orange stunt saber, while I got the Dark Apprentice v5 with light sound and tri Fire orange, the fallen V4, artic blue foc
Wife got Dominix Le V2 blazing red ,Guardian  tri  Adegan Silver
Dark Arbiter FO FOC silver V4 sound

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: