Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Violet Amethyst vs Blue Violet Amethyst (prev. Dark Amethyst)  (Read 4448 times)
MJballet
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 03, 2019, 02:18:55 PM »

Are there any good videos/pics clearly comparing Violet Amethyst and Blue Violet Amethyst (prev. Dark Amethyst) in the UltraEdge Mid Grade?
Concerned the Violet looks too pink and the Blue Violet looks too blue. I need a true, strong purple for The Emporer's Hand. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thnkswckd
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -54

I LOVE THE DARKSIDE

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 06:57:54 PM »

diamond controller... Lets YOU configure any color you desire.

Dont Shoot Like a Trooper!!! One Shot... One Kill!!! If That Fails.. Adapt: Two To The Chest... One To The Head

Bane - Diamond / Chosen One CE - Diamond / Crimson-Grand-Master - Diamond / Guardian - Diamond / SaviorAzure - Diamond /Spectre - Diamond / Franken Saber / Aeon le v3 / Bellicose / Dark Initiate V2 / Dominix v4 / Dominix le v4 / Prophecy v3 / Dark Prophecy v3

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 04:51:32 PM »

This is hard to capture.  I have an older picture of my pair of Initiate V3s.   The one in the front is DVA, the one in the rear is VA.   The difference is subtle, but you can see a very true representation of the colors in the reflections on the top of the shelf as well as in the blade reflections in the opposite hilts.   I hope this helps!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Daniel1988
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 04:30:39 AM »

Are there any good videos/pics clearly comparing Violet Amethyst and Blue Violet Amethyst (prev. Dark Amethyst) in the UltraEdge Mid Grade?
Concerned the Violet looks too pink and the Blue Violet looks too blue. I need a true, strong purple for The Emporer's Hand. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I would say the Blue Violet Amethyst is equal parts purple and blue. If you are looking for more purple, I'd avoid it, even though I love it as a color. Here is a link to my video review of the Blue Violet Amethyst LED:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AsW4MjNtqY&amp;t=16s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AsW4MjNtqY&amp;t=16s</a>

My sabers (as of 8/9/23): (*s)=sound
1.) Frankensaber-Blazing Red (*s)
2.) Grandmaster LE-Sentinel Yellow
3.) Shock LE-Violet Amethyst w/Qd
4.) Dominicide LE-Tri-cree F.Orange
5.) Apprentice LE V4-Guardian Blue (*s)
6.) Dark Graflex-BR (*s)
7.) Spectre-B.Violet Amethyst w/Qd (*s)
8.) Consular-Tri-Cree Consular Green w/Qd
9.) Prophecy V3-SY
10.) Sentinel LE V5-SY
11.) Third Sister LE-VA
12.) Survivor LE- BVA (*s)

RadeFox
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 11:22:40 PM »

This is hard to capture.  I have an older picture of my pair of Initiate V3s.   The one in the front is DVA, the one in the rear is VA.   The difference is subtle, but you can see a very true representation of the colors in the reflections on the top of the shelf as well as in the blade reflections in the opposite hilts.   I hope this helps!

Not too mention the light reflection on the walls behind really show the bluer tinge to the DVA. Excellent pic!

My Ulttasabers: Centurion- an Aeon LE v5
                             -Black Combat Ready Fallen

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 11:52:58 PM »

Thank you!  I hadn't really noticed it before but that's a good look, too!

I've noticed that you can often get a very true idea of the blade color from a reflection or corona, where the blade almost always washes out white in photography because of the sheer intensity of the light. 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: