Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dead saber troubleshooting  (Read 2166 times)
Yonzor
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 03, 2019, 05:23:12 PM »

Greetings, all,

Figured it's worth seeking your expert help on resurrecting my dead saber.

I received an Archon v3 back in Christmas 2015 and loved the crap out of it. Life happened and it sat in a closet for a while. Tried to charge it up back in early 2018 with no dice and was recommended I get some new batteries. FINALLY got around to ordering those recently and have a set of brand new Li-ion 14500s for it that I've charged all the way. Still doesn't seem to turn on though after the batteries are installed for a couple minutes there is a flash of color the moment one is removed and reinserted and then back to dead.

Wiring looks intact and connected to the Buckpuck driver though I wonder if that needs to build up a charge in some way.

Any advice or troubleshooting suggestions would be much appreciated!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 07:26:17 PM »

Did you also check the battery pack wiring/contacts and the wiring on the LED as well? You might have a problem there. Also, if you have a sound board, does it say something like "Obsidian" when you insert the batteries?

The BuckPuck doesn't need to charge up. It's not a capacitor, just a simple LED driver.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Yonzor
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 01:30:18 AM »

Racona,

It did that one before when I first got the saber. Made a terrifying screeching sound and would say "Obsidian" and run through lots of different sounds. I sent it back to US and got it fixed up, but then the above happened and here I am. As of now, no life from it at all except for the flash of light when the batteries make contact.

AC5FF
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 01:00:41 AM »

My saber is acting up too.  Like you, life got in the way and it sat for some time. 
Worked great for my daughter's wedding, but then sat around for too long?   Charged three sets of batteries up; according to my testers here (I do a lot with radio controlled a/c) the batteries are good.  I did several deep cycle charge cycles with my other charger.

ANYWAY...  Wanted to post the same type of question here and then I saw your post.    Am I missing something or does this forum not allow uploads?   I took a video of what my saber is doing but can't seem to find a way to share it.

Stilll looking for ideas.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 12:28:10 PM »

If you did a Youtube upload, just paste the link (with http instead of https) here and it should embed.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

AC5FF
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 03:56:32 PM »

Racona

I had not considered the YouTube route.  That's a great idea to remember if/when I need to do similar again.
In the meantime I registered for a free dropbox account to temp hold the video. 
It can be found here:
https://ws.onehub.com/files/ra9e6hwe

When I did get that working last night I did open another thread (probably shouldn't have - sorry).   Just got carried away

TIA

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 05:19:10 PM »

I can delete that if you want to. Just to keep the forum clean Wink

Sig by Master Nero

AC5FF
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 01:00:18 PM »

Racona

You can go ahead and delete that other thread.   It isn't going anywhere. Sad
Tried two other sets of batteries last night with same results.   Now I am next to convinced that there is something wrong with the electronics.   

Was really hoping someone might have an idea.

AC5FF
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the sabers?
One with the obsidian sound and emerald setup?

Closest I was able to find is this one: https://ultrasabers.com/product/obsidian-usb-soundboard/

But it is so small it is not readable and only gets worse if I try to zoom in..

Thx

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 06:16:16 PM »

There was a thread, but due to restrictions on Photobucket, none of the pictures are accessible anymore...we will try to get them up again, but it takes time.

Sig by Master Nero

AC5FF
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 11:56:25 PM »

There was a thread, but due to restrictions on Photobucket, none of the pictures are accessible anymore...we will try to get them up again, but it takes time.
Thanks Racona..
I'll keep on a lookout for em to pop up again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: