Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help please! Which hilt is good for duel wielding?  (Read 1224 times)
Cloud
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 04, 2019, 11:26:05 PM »

I am looking to get a pair of sabers to practice duel wielding and i'm looking for recommendations.

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 08:07:57 AM »

Well it depends on you Wink
if you have big hands, any saber. If you have small hands, think about v2 series.

If you want 2 handed style, at least 32" blade, and aeon/dominix hilt (or any other big hilt)

if you want 1 hand style, 32" blade or less.

You shouldn't use the archon v3.1, a friend get it and the blade move a little.

That's only my opinion Wink

Envoyé de mon ASUS_X00ID en utilisant Tapatalk

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 02:09:36 PM »

I don't dual-wield myself so this is just a theoretical opinion on my part:

I'd say you should go for anything comfortable. My advice would be something rather simple (like Aeon/Dominix or Initiate/Apprentice depending of hand size and combat style). The more complicated the hilt, the more you have to focus to hold it properly and avoid the uncomfortable parts (like activation box, claws, covertec wheeel, etc.).

As mentioned by Darth_Ravn, blade length would be important as well. Dual-wielding may be easier if you have shorter blades.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 04:13:20 PM »

I love the Initiate V3 with a custom pommel and 32" blades for both dual wield and for staff work.   My current set-up is two Initiate V3s, War-Glaive pommels and a little custom paint. 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:29:06 PM »

I would say it depends on your preference/style and past training. If you have arnis/kali experience, you may even prefer shorter 24” blades on a pair of initiate v2 or apprentice v4.  If you are thinking more of a daishō type set-up (katana/wakizashi east or rapier/dagger west) I would recommend a Dominix v2 with a 32” blade paired with an initiate v2 or apprentice v4 with 24” for your off hand shoto. If you want to try two full sabers, I still wouldn’t try any longer than 32”, and you can’t go wrong with a set of aeon/dominix v2s- great all round sabers.
That all being said, I think most experts would suggest you start working with a single blade first, then a pair of shorter sabers until you build up the spacial awareness needed to attempt duel wield sparring. Good luck, let us know what you settle on!

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 12:36:33 AM »

I use a pair of Aeon LE V4s that have been modified with Shock LE pommels and a switch block under the switch when I dual wield. I use 36" blades. It takes a great deal of practice but whatever you like the style of you can learn to work with.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 01:01:47 AM »

For me with only large (glove size large) hands, anything in the v2 thru v5 line works for dual wielding. Aeons and Sentinel length lightsabers are a bit much to use at the same time though. Maybe a Sentinel for my main hand and an Initiate/Apprentice for the off hand.

Of course though, I prefer to use one lightsaber only. I was introduced to lightsabers with the Graflex and those I have the most of. 3 from UltraSabers, 5 others from, other vendors and lightsaber crafters.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Cloud
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 07:29:08 PM »

Thank you all for the replies! I'm going with initiate v3!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 05:31:00 AM »

Initiate V3 is a very good choice. Nice choking points for better grip.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: