Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Sage - Modding my new Aeon  (Read 2570 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« on: August 05, 2019, 07:52:07 PM »

So my new Aeon V5 "Sage" just arrived. Very standard stunt saber in CG, but I love it all the same.

However, I immediately had several ideas of what to do for personalizing.

1) Bizarrely, the standard blade plug does not fit into an Aeon V5. Specifically, the retention screw is high up enough that the blade plug will have about 1-2" of open space between it and the screw, causing it to bounce around inside. Obviously this simply cannot be, so Im going to need to either create my own plug or add a touch of length to the existing one.

2) Something to break up the pure chrome, either O-rings or some sort of grip, but i dont have the faintest clue of leatherworking and cloth grips always seem to slide around.

3) Simple enough one, gonna flip the claws so i can use the choke without stabbing my hand.

Any suggestion or recommendations would not go amiss! I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 08:10:39 PM »

For a two-tone look, you could do to yours what I did to mine.   Mine is a Dominix V5 but the paint job should still work nicely on the silver.   :-)

For more details:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=41905.0

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 08:18:00 PM »

For a two-tone look, you could do to yours what I did to mine.   Mine is a Dominix V5 but the paint job should still work nicely on the silver.   :-)

Might do. Always weirdly nervous around paints (dont ask why if I knew my warhammer figs would be painted by now, lol) but I might try this out! Thats a very sharp Dominix btw!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 08:48:57 PM »

Thanks!   I enjoy it.   Its not as unwieldy as I thought it might be and the orange is growing on me.   :-)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 08:49:50 PM »

FYI, here's a look at what that color can look like on a silver hilt:

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 04:06:25 PM »

Thanks!   I enjoy it.   Its not as unwieldy as I thought it might be and the orange is growing on me.   :-)

I immediately flipped the claws on mine and it was night and day for comfort for me. I like holding sabers up by the choke so it was nearly necessary. I may be biased on this one but orange is simply superior  Wink

That black two-tone looks gorgeous. Very well might give my Aeon that treatment on the grenade grip

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 04:12:42 PM »

I immediately flipped the claws on mine and it was night and day for comfort for me. I like holding sabers up by the choke so it was nearly necessary. I may be biased on this one but orange is simply superior  Wink

That black two-tone looks gorgeous. Very well might give my Aeon that treatment on the grenade grip

Yeah, I found I had the same grip issues flipped or not, so I left them be and I actually grip around the claws.   I have big hands.  :-)

Painting the grenade grip would be ideal on a silver hilt, I think.   Should really pop, and its very easy to mask off for the spraying.  :-)   Once it is dried and cured out (2-3 days) simple handling will soon give you a great weathering look.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 06:25:47 PM »

Very nice! I like it!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 05:53:01 PM »

PsychoSith, we want pictures, you know...  Smiley Cool

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 06:53:28 PM »

Fair enough. Heres a good shot of it's original incarnation, ive since flipped the claws and switched the blade (my PO Inferno looked *too* good in the UE)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2019, 02:17:26 PM »

So what do you guys think of these changes? It would be a touch on the radical side but im curious to hear what you guys think.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 03:27:22 PM »

So what do you guys think of these changes? It would be a touch on the radical side but im curious to hear what you guys think.

That looks awesome PS!  The ground-down claws w/ the Dorinian pommel is inspired  Smiley

...OK, now I need to add the Aeon v5 to my wishlist  Wink

Karm, I SO want that saber hilt w/ the "grenade" grip (the one underneath)!

Seriously, that is one beautiful saber my friend  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 05:08:26 PM »

That looks awesome PS!  The ground-down claws w/ the Dorinian pommel is inspired  Smiley

Thanks for saying so! I just posted in the pommel reference guide to make sure it would look how i envisioned. Worried the Dorinian pommel might be a bit larger than i depicted it, lol.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 06:35:10 PM »

PS, I like it!   I love the reduced claws, and the Dorian pommel on there will look amazing!   As always, your designs rock!

Dutchman: I will PM you the parts that make up that saber.    :-)   And honestly, its one of my favorites, as well.   Its actually been my "go-to" for dueling and such.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2019, 06:47:00 PM »

PS, I like it!   I love the reduced claws, and the Dorian pommel on there will look amazing!   As always, your designs rock!

Glad to hear it! I've put up a couple more doodles over in my corner the past couple days to!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: